Author Topic: IT for Cousins  (Read 1755 times)

IT for Cousins
« on: May 21, 2017, 09:07:09 AM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN
With Fultz coming to us in the draft, we have to trade our guards. At the same time we definitely need an upgrade at C. The Pelicans' twin towers experimant didn't work out so well and they now have almost no cap space to sign a difference maker. IT for Cousins makes sense for both teams because we finally get the center we've been needing and we still have Smart and Fultz at the PG spot. For NO they have the cap space to chase a good SF like Gay and finally upgrade their PG spot.
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

Re: IT for Cousins
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2017, 09:14:25 AM »

Offline LatterDayCelticsfan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 171
  • Community Text
I want Davis rather than Cousins. That is all.
Banner 18 please 😍

« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2017, 09:14:46 AM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1762
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
Yeah, I mean, sure, that would work. Of course you would need to throw AB in there for matching purposes, too, if you have any hope of signing Hayward. NOP would love their newly upgraded back court.

I would say the Cousins ship has probably sailed on by, though. It seems like we could have had him last season...unless Ainge was making Hayward a priority.

They are all expiring contracts so that shouldn't be a factor either.

« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2017, 09:19:46 AM »

Offline Bobshot

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 141
With Fultz on board, IT for some dominant big makes sense to me, though I'm not sure it's Cousins. He seems to be a guy who has to have the ball--not get the ball. They need a guy who can get the ball.

IT would become tradeable for a big if they signed a FA scorer like Hayward.  Maybe they can get Jordan for him if Paul goes elsewhere. Who are the other big rebounders? You want one of those 10+ rpg guys. Maybe you can get one cheaper than giving up IT if he isn't a big scorer.

Cousins would be a gamble because you don't know how he would fit into their chemistry.

« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2017, 09:20:23 AM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Celtics could have had Cousins by beating the NO deal but didn't. Rumors and reports swirled that they hadn't talked to Sactown about Cousins for a long time, that Stevens wanted no part of Cousins and that the front office didnt want him here. Cousins is gone and isn't coming here so no IT for Boogie ain't happening

« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2017, 09:31:43 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
With Fultz coming to us in the draft, we have to trade our guards.

I could be mistaken but usually doesn't team play with two guards normally?  ( sarcasm dripping)

« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2017, 09:47:48 AM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN
With Fultz coming to us in the draft, we have to trade our guards.

I could be mistaken but usually doesn't team play with two guards normally?  ( sarcasm dripping)
OK thanks for sharing, I meant PGs. Btw stop acting like a smart aleck all the time, you've done this numerous times replying my comments.
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2017, 09:50:51 AM »

Offline __ramonezy__

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 62
Im definitely against the trade as proposed, but it's hard to see how soft we were up front and not admit that DMC's skill set would be a great help.

IT is our PG of the future though, we pitched our FAs to play with IT and if we ship him out the optics of such a move would not be good for us as a destination.

« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2017, 09:59:50 AM »

Offline KGBirdBias

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 125

THIS^^

I'm off the Cousins train because we now have a All NBA player and a #1 to dangle. Our assets have matured enough to ask for more.

« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2017, 10:02:30 AM »

Offline __ramonezy__

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 62

THIS^^

I'm off the Cousins train because we now have a All NBA player and a #1 to dangle. Our assets have matured enough to ask for more.

Yeah, but why would we be looking to trade away our all-nba player to acquire Davis. The logical goal I would assume would be to pair the two.

« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2017, 10:03:16 AM »

Offline hodgy03038

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 440
  • Marcus Smart #1 Fan
I want Davis rather than Cousins too but I wanted Cousins on the cheap when he was available but yes I still want Cousins. He could definitely hold his own with Thompson plus he has offense. We need someone with a nasty streak.

« Reply #11 on: May 21, 2017, 10:31:14 AM »

Offline Jvalin

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 737
With Fultz coming to us in the draft, we have to trade our guards. At the same time we definitely need an upgrade at C. The Pelicans' twin towers experimant didn't work out so well and they now have almost no cap space to sign a difference maker. IT for Cousins makes sense for both teams because we finally get the center we've been needing and we still have Smart and Fultz at the PG spot. For NO they have the cap space to chase a good SF like Gay and finally upgrade their PG spot.
They have Holiday running the point. Don't see why they need an upgrade there.

« Reply #12 on: May 21, 2017, 11:13:26 AM »

Offline Celts Fan 508

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 54
They have Holiday running the point. Don't see why they need an upgrade there.

He's a free agent
2019 historical draft.  Pick 12

Tim Duncan, Oscar Robertson, Elgin Baylor, Scottie Pippen, Willis Reed, Mitch Richmond, Sam Jones, Dan Majerle, Bob Cousy, Rasheed Wallace, Shawn Kemp, Marcus Camby

« Reply #13 on: May 21, 2017, 11:19:05 AM »

Offline Androslav

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 528
Some people are truly Cousins cousins, since they can't be at piece with the fact that we (front office and me) never wanted him here. BTW you can get Cousins for Ross and spare parts, you don't need an all NBAer to match the value.
"The joy of the balling under the rims."

« Reply #14 on: May 21, 2017, 11:21:10 AM »

Offline KGBirdBias

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 125
Guys if we draft Fultz we are 3 years away with Fultz and Brown leading the team.

If we make a move for Hayward, PG13, Butler or any other top veteran, then we are saying we plan to win now and in the future.

At some point Ainge has to stop collecting assets and push all his chips to the center of the table. We can't keep building for the future. I want some top players. The C's vs Cavs series looks like a varsity verses freshmen scrimmage.