Author Topic: Why can't this happen?  (Read 1165 times)

Why can't this happen?
« on: May 21, 2017, 08:25:24 AM »

Offline Fireworks_Boom!

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 57
First move: Draft Fultz (don't overthink this draft)

Second move: Sign Gordon Hayward

Third move(s): Release Jonas Jerebko, Kelly Olynyk

Fourth move: Trade Jaylen Brown/Brooklyn 2018/Avery Bradley/Tyler Zeller for an extended Paul George and Myles Turner.

Fifth move(s): Secure roster spots for Yabusele, Zizic, Nader

Sixth move: Sign Alex Len to an Amir Johnson like 1+1 contract to see if he can develop.

Team:
Thomas
Smart
Hayward
George
Horford

Bench: Fultz, Rozier, Crowder, Turner, Len, Yabusele, Zizic, Nader, Jackson

Re: Why can't this happen?
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2017, 08:58:45 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25628
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
1) Because in order to sign Hayward, we need to waive Zeller and have Yabu stay overseas, along with trading Jackson and Rozier (assuming you get rid of KO instead of Bradley to create cap space);

2) Because that trade probably doesn't get us George, but definitely doesn't get us George and Turner;

3) Because we'd only have $4.3 million in cap space for free agents, which isn't enough for Len

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2017, 09:34:25 AM »

Offline Fireworks_Boom!

• Jaylen Brown
On number 1, I know the order in which items take place impacts our ability to go into luxury. Are there any creative ways to get around this?

On number 2, you think two likely high lottery picks and an NBA fringe all star doesn't get you Paul George?

On number 3, back to point 2, based on order of moves couldn't we sign him and go into luxury tax (which Wyc has said he'd be willing to do and he done previously)?

« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2017, 09:35:33 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
I think the fireworks on this one blew up in your hand.   No way that trade happens.

« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2017, 09:49:49 AM »

Offline Darío SpanishFan

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 141
You can't do that. Also, Indiana won't let you do that.

« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2017, 09:52:54 AM »

Offline Sketch5

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280
DA was trying to move IT for an other pick so they could draft Dunn with the #3 and trade it for Butler, and take the 5 through 8 pick that they would have gotten for IT to draft Brown.

They didn't do the Butler trade and went with Brown at #3, which shows how high they are on the kid.

I'd rather draft Fultz.

Do a sign and trade with Utah for Hayward(if possible, can't keep track of the changes)Memphis pick, our 2018, Young, Yabu, AB. (Smart?) Utah does this if Hayward says he wants to go, but doesn't want to completely screw them over.

And use the FA money for Griffen or an other PF.

« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2017, 10:25:22 AM »

Offline Fireworks_Boom!

• Jaylen Brown
Not taking into account this season, it sounds like IT want in our long term plans. I think even after this season, seeing his shortcomings (pun intended) I would agree with this logic.