Author Topic: IT came from the bench next season  (Read 2472 times)

Re: IT came from the bench next season
« Reply #15 on: May 21, 2017, 10:24:57 AM »

Offline KGBirdBias

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 125
I love IT but these playoffs are showing me he's a 6th man.  I'm shocked that so many people have thrown him under the bus and has played through so much.

I think his liability on defense gets exploited in playoff games because it's a series and not one game and on to the next game. When teams really scout and look for weaknesses in the playoffs, they will use his defense as the big weakness.

As a 6th man, he can come in and score and not be dependent on defense. Remember Wedman, Havlicek were scorers and even McHale didn't start but was considered a 6th starter because he was in during the crucial times in the games.

No offense, but this is laughable. Harden, Melo, Dirk, Curry and there are several more ALL-STARS that are considered  "liabilities" on defense. We would be the stupidest team to move an all-star, all-nba PG to the bench... just saying...

...they aren't 5'9 though. LOL That's 2 strikes against him.

« Reply #16 on: May 21, 2017, 10:27:54 AM »

Offline KGBirdBias

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 125
Who care's who starts. He will be in the game midway through the 1st quarter and play against most 2nd teams. He will also be in the game most of the 4th quarter. He's still going to play 30+ minutes but it's about how other teams are able to prepare for the Cs. Who prepares for a bench player or 6th man?

« Reply #17 on: May 21, 2017, 11:06:11 AM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
No. The times of IT coming off the bench are over.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #18 on: May 21, 2017, 11:28:29 AM »

Offline Denis998

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 388
  • Rutgers '17
The guy is a 2 time all star and 2nd team all NBA. He is also 3rd in the league in scoring as well as being one of the most efficient in recent years. suggesting to bringing him off of the bench is an egregious thing to say at this point

« Reply #19 on: May 21, 2017, 11:31:41 AM »

Offline jbp126

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 51
Isaiah is absolutely a starter next season and probably the season after. However, as he ages into his thirties, I hope his attitude about coming off the bench changes regardless of salary (Quick sidebar: I think we should pay IT. We can't lose him as an asset and we wouldn't get proper value for him if we traded him). 

I'd much rather see him eventually follow in the path of his mentor, Jamal Crawford, who embraced the sixth man role than his idol, Allen Iverson, who rejected that idea and fizzled out in his early thirties.

PS.  Somebody needs to photoshop IT Came from the Bench onto a 50s style sci-fi poster a la
It Came from Outer Space.

« Reply #20 on: May 21, 2017, 11:39:22 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
IT4 will ask for a trade instead

he has earned the right to start

now lets say 3-4 years from now...injuries take a toll...loses some of his explosiveness

he will be coming off the bench. By that point don't think he even argues

« Reply #21 on: May 21, 2017, 11:48:28 AM »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427
I think the ship has sailed for IT to come off the bench. He has earned every right to start this season and last. To be fair, I am surprised he endured up to now, considering he is our only capable scorer, with all the beating he takes at 5'9 driving to the hoop when people are literally at least a foot taller and probably much heavier, i am surprised he really lasted this long.

« Reply #22 on: May 21, 2017, 11:49:24 AM »

Offline PAOBoston

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 533
IT has shown ed he is an elite scorer this season as a starter. Why would he go to the bench? He's earned the right to start.

« Reply #23 on: May 21, 2017, 11:53:24 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
IT has shown ed he is an elite scorer this season as a starter. Why would he go to the bench? He's earned the right to start.

His recovery may take a while . And might be into the fall late coming back .  So he ll,have to work hisself back in shape , shooting touch , strenght ....its going to ruff on him . His minutes probaby be limited alot to begin with .   He has a long road very ruff road ahead . He ll have to show he can still produce at the old level too .  Nothing is a given with injury .