Author Topic: IT came from the bench next season  (Read 2478 times)

IT came from the bench next season
« on: May 21, 2017, 03:43:04 AM »

Offline playdream

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 88
We already know he isn't superman and can not afford the start position through to ECF
how about let him go back to sixth man, and get paid around 26$ if he can keep health
maybe this is best for both side(he needs to rehab anyway)

what do you think

Re: IT came from the bench next season
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2017, 03:49:10 AM »

Online mr. dee

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 598
IT will be healthy around for the season opener. 5 months is a long time to recover. I don't know who you should place as a starter. Fultz, or whoever will be drafted is unproven and Brad would lose respect from  the vets on the team by pulling crap like that. In Jaylen's case, I think he earned the right to start. Fultz or whoever will be the same.

« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2017, 06:06:42 AM »

Offline Greyman

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 211
I think IT has earnt his starting position but these sorts of ideas will continue to come up due to his limitations, mainly on defence. Maybe not next season and certainly not at the start unless DA does something like trade for a top PG and not take Fultz (or Ball). I doubt that happens, though I think long term if IT is to stay a Celtic he may have to come off the bench. Not sure how that works with salaries though.

« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2017, 07:24:02 AM »

Offline keevsnick

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 550
IT will be healthy around for the season opener. 5 months is a long time to recover. I don't know who you should place as a starter. Fultz, or whoever will be drafted is unproven and Brad would lose respect from  the vets on the team by pulling crap like that. In Jaylen's case, I think he earned the right to start. Fultz or whoever will be the same.

Actually its entirely possible he isn't healthy to start next season.

https://docflynn.com/2017/05/21/isaiah-thomas-hip-injury/

If he does need surgery this doctor claims a 6-9 month recovery period depending on what exactly needs to be done and how he responds.

« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2017, 07:41:41 AM »

Offline playdream

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 88

If he does need surgery this doctor claims a 6-9 month recovery period depending on what exactly needs to be done and how he responds.
And don't forget he had and enahnced this injury by pushing too far as a starter, if you play him starter again it will most possible only be worse
He earnd his money, but if anything he proved he can't handle starter for this long season he has never had

« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2017, 08:18:17 AM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1763
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
If the plan is to pay IT $26M/yr, it will be as a starter.

If the plan is bring IT off the bench, he will be playing somewhere else.

« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2017, 08:59:12 AM »

Offline KGBirdBias

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 125
Does anyone know the Cs record without IT?

« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2017, 09:05:01 AM »

Offline apc

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 437
IT is not the problem. If anything we need more ITs in our starting 5.
We have only one guy that is an offensive threat !!

Credit to BS who took this team this far! but the Cavs are very close to a perfect team. No mismatches you can take advantage of.

Also the Cavs proved that u CAN turn the switch on!

« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2017, 09:14:19 AM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club

And don't forget he had and enahnced this injury by pushing too far as a starter, if you play him starter again it will most possible only be worse
He earnd his money, but if anything he proved he can't handle starter for this long season he has never had
Exactly how does IT coming off the bench limit his ability to not get reinjured? He would still be playing NBA basketball, right? He will still be playing big minutes, right? Since the answers tothose questions are yes, then you start him because he is your best player, maybe your defacto leader and captain, and because ye has earned it.

I just dont get you guys that want to bench IT or trade him for nothing near his value. I just dont get it.

« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2017, 09:32:26 AM »

Offline Sketch5

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280

Him being a starter and playing a long season has NOTHING to do with the injury. Some times these things happen. It could have happened in Preseason. It could happen to anyone just walking down the street.

Hell it could be phases of the moon that caused this. My wife said she's seen a number of them come through her office the last few months.

After his sister passing away, teeth fractured and knocked out, and playing threw this, people don't think he's starting material? Dudes been pretty indestructible since he's got here, and he gets knocked around a lot, more than most. I mean AB is hurt more than any player we have and gets less of the "he should come off the bench" than most other guys.

That being said though, DA should draft Fultz. And if IT isn't ready, start Smart until Fultz shows he can handle it. But try to sign IT to an extension, and have an agreement that Fultz is his Padiwan, that he is to teach him was of the crafty guard. They will probably play together for a couple years, but at some point Fultz will take his place. But the C's will take care of IT for doing this. Keep him around as the vet for a championship run.

« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2017, 09:34:17 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
I am curious to see how we do today, it will allow Ainge to assess our team and if we can play without him some.   But boy were folks ready to dance on IT's metaphorical grave.

« Reply #11 on: May 21, 2017, 09:50:51 AM »

Offline KGBirdBias

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 125
I love IT but these playoffs are showing me he's a 6th man.  I'm shocked that so many people have thrown him under the bus and has played through so much.

I think his liability on defense gets exploited in playoff games because it's a series and not one game and on to the next game. When teams really scout and look for weaknesses in the playoffs, they will use his defense as the big weakness.

As a 6th man, he can come in and score and not be dependent on defense. Remember Wedman, Havlicek were scorers and even McHale didn't start but was considered a 6th starter because he was in during the crucial times in the games.

« Reply #12 on: May 21, 2017, 10:00:21 AM »

Offline __ramonezy__

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 62
I love IT but these playoffs are showing me he's a 6th man.  I'm shocked that so many people have thrown him under the bus and has played through so much.

I think his liability on defense gets exploited in playoff games because it's a series and not one game and on to the next game. When teams really scout and look for weaknesses in the playoffs, they will use his defense as the big weakness.

As a 6th man, he can come in and score and not be dependent on defense. Remember Wedman, Havlicek were scorers and even McHale didn't start but was considered a 6th starter because he was in during the crucial times in the games.

No offense, but this is laughable. Harden, Melo, Dirk, Curry and there are several more ALL-STARS that are considered  "liabilities" on defense. We would be the stupidest team to move an all-star, all-nba PG to the bench... just saying...

« Reply #13 on: May 21, 2017, 10:10:48 AM »

Offline Jvalin

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 737
No way he accepts coming off the bench after all the things he 's done this season. If our plan is to bench him, we might as well just trade him (which is what I 'm hoping us to do anyway).

« Reply #14 on: May 21, 2017, 10:12:38 AM »

Offline hodgy03038

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 440
  • Marcus Smart #1 Fan
I don't think there is any way IT would accept this. It would be considered a downgrade whether he gets paid or not. Once you become a "star" as he has this year you cannot all of a sudden be relegated to the bench. I think this would reflect in his play and his attitude and it wouldn't be healthy for the team.