Would you make this trade

Yes
23 (56.1%)
No
15 (36.6%)
Possibly
3 (7.3%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Author Topic: Poll: Bradley for Saric  (Read 2400 times)

Re: Poll: Bradley for Saric
« Reply #15 on: May 21, 2017, 07:54:04 AM »

Offline CroCorvus

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 41
I could see it as something that could work for both teams, if Philly somehow sign Lowry and selects Jackson (I don't see them playing Simmons at point guard). That way they could have very good team and a playoff contender probably. I think they love Dario and they will not move him unless they got something interesting in return. Bradley would be their starting SG and a great veteran presence, but I just don't see the trade materialize.... I love AB so I say no.

« Reply #16 on: May 21, 2017, 07:55:28 AM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1762
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
Not sure that Philly will still be interested in this trade since it seems in all likelihood that they're going after Kyle Lowry(Philly native). They sign Lowry for all the reasons they would want Bradley so unless they want a killer 6th man, I doubt they go for this deal.

That being said if for whatever reason they miss out on Lowry this deal makes a lot of sense for both sides, especially if we lose Olynyk in restricted free agency.

If Philly goes after Lowry, then Bradley makes even more sense. Are we supposed to believe that Jerryd Bayless, Nik Stauskas, or Justin Anderson would be standing in the way of AB starting? With such a young front court, it would make a lot of sense for Philly to have that kind of experience in the back court. Also, already having Bradley would make that pitch to Lowry that much sweeter.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2017, 09:07:22 AM by jambr380 »

« Reply #17 on: May 21, 2017, 08:40:00 AM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2404
A.Bradley isn't worth as much as Saric.

« Reply #18 on: May 21, 2017, 09:00:40 AM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
That's a great idea if 76ers get Lowry and AB they would be a challenge.

Lowry, AB, Jackson, Simmons, Embid
Vs
Fultz, Smart, Crowder, KO, Horford

« Reply #19 on: May 21, 2017, 09:09:24 AM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1762
  • Everybody knows what's best for you

Vs

Yikes! Please slide IT and Hayward in there somewhere for the Cs - that line-up doesn't look very formidable without (non-rookie) scoring.

« Reply #20 on: May 21, 2017, 09:09:54 AM »

Offline LilRip

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 392
Voting no. Bradley is 1st team all defense. Saric is a good player and all, but I feel like Bradley is something special and worth more.
- LilRip

« Reply #21 on: May 21, 2017, 09:11:53 AM »

Offline ETNCeltics

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 307
Saric isn't what we really need, though he'd be an upgrade.

Also, I keep seeing "what Brad wants to do" through all these threads. Getting a stretch 4 who can shoot 3s shouldn't be the biggest concern for Brad. What he needs is some toughness, a guy who can get a post bucket or 2, a shot blocker and rebounder. Maybe he wants another Draymond Green, but for all his positives, Green hurts his team by taking way too many 3s and isn't very good at it.

« Reply #22 on: May 21, 2017, 09:27:21 AM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson

Vs

Yikes! Please slide IT and Hayward in there somewhere for the Cs - that line-up doesn't look very formidable without (non-rookie) scoring.
We could have no IT the first month or at the least he will be on a minutes restriction. Hayward I feel stays in Utah or goes to Lakers if Lakers trade Russell and Ingram for George.
Lakers are looking at the team of  Ball, Hayward, George, Randle, Zubac/Moz right now as a real option.

« Reply #23 on: May 21, 2017, 09:35:21 AM »

Offline ETNCeltics

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff

Vs

We could have no IT the first month or at the least he will be on a minutes restriction. Hayward I feel stays in Utah or goes to Lakers if Lakers trade Russell and Ingram for George.
Lakers are looking at the team of  Ball, Hayward, George, Randle, Zubac/Moz right now as a real option.
Is there a shred of evidence for anything in this post or did you just make it all up?

« Reply #24 on: May 21, 2017, 09:44:56 AM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson

Vs

Is there a shred of evidence for anything in this post or did you just make it all up?
My sauces tell me it is so...
  In truth Hayward is one of the many NBA players said to like LA. He is also looking for a competitive team and a big market. Magic was put in place after Lakers missed out on a ton of deals at deadline. Ownership wants to be winning again asap. While Bird resigned after issues over George and direction the team will take. There is a lot to this but its all just piecing things together.

« Reply #25 on: May 21, 2017, 10:42:15 AM »

Offline ETNCeltics

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
In other words, you made up every word of it.

Lakers unlikely to get either of those guys, let alone both.

« Reply #26 on: May 21, 2017, 10:45:55 AM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2703
Voting no. Bradley is 1st team all defense. Saric is a good player and all, but I feel like Bradley is something special and worth more.

This trade would make sense financially, as Bradley is due a big payday and Saric is locked up for cheap for a while. It has the mark of a trade that would hurt the chemistry of the team though, to see a guy like Bradley, a mentor,  great locker room presence and excellent two-way player who has done everything he can for this team, sent out because we don't want to pay him would not send the right message to the rest of the team.

« Reply #27 on: May 21, 2017, 11:00:49 AM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1394
Never seen people more enamored with a role player like saric. Was there a ton of trade for mirotic threads ever?

« Reply #28 on: May 21, 2017, 06:16:44 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
Never seen people more enamored with a role player like saric. Was there a ton of trade for mirotic threads ever?
Smart and Noel
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #29 on: May 21, 2017, 06:21:24 PM »

Offline max215

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 624
I don't understand the fascination with Saric on this board.
Isaiah, you were lightning in a bottle.

DKC Clippers