Author Topic: I'm disgusted at people accusing IT for "quitting"  (Read 3722 times)

Re: I'm disgust at people accusing IT for "quitting"
« Reply #30 on: May 21, 2017, 04:24:19 PM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1474
The rest of the team though? What's their excuse?

They don't need one.  This team overachieved for the second straight year, and our win over the Wizards was pretty awesome.  Tack on the #1 pick, and we are in tremendous shape.  I don't think any one guy on that roster deserves blame for this series.

The team failed to compete for more than a couple minutes at the start of game two.

That doesn't undo all of the good stuff they did before that.

But I don't think the team as a whole can get a pass for basically laying down to the Cavs. Especially at home.
They didn't lay down. The Cavs trampled them.

The team doesn't need a pass. They need more elite talent.

I think it's both.

They were over matched and they need more talent.

Also, they failed to compete up to their potential, even taking into account the talent disparity.

I thought this would be a decisive five game series, or maybe a four game series with a couple close losses.

I did not think that there wouldn't be a single minute of basketball that I would get to enjoy watching.

The season truly ended in Game 7 against Washington.

Instead of apologizing for the things you said about IT, which you know, have just been proven wrong, you are now shifting your narrative to the rest of the team.

You are one of the people who are accusing IT of quitting. And yes, it is disgusting.

Look, the guy apologized. Let's move on, and not single anybody out.

Separate from the apology, he's looking for answers for why we were getting smoked by 50 at home. That's a legit question. I think the answer is simple - lack of talent, MVP-candidate injured, no legs, the Cavs are on a mission  but it's fair to at least question whether the team is shell-shocked a bit.

I saw a retraction but not an apology.

That's his shortcoming. Don't make it yours. Let it go.

I was just making the point to Roy if you noticed.

Why do you need to do that?  Lol Roy is in the middle of the conversation. 

But I kind of feel the same as Pho about the whole team checking out.  Something was really up in game 2 beyond what we have ever seen before.  Maybe it was a combination of being us completely shell shocked, Cleveland playing at an unequaled level whatever, we did not seem to compete with the same intensity, fire that we have earlier in the playoffs.  It seemed palpable watching the game.

Hopefully it doesn't happen again, but we are not 40-50 points worse than the cavs, or anyone else at home.

Re: I'm disgusted at people accusing IT for "quitting"
« Reply #31 on: May 21, 2017, 04:30:53 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25629
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
About the "apology" thing: Move on. We're not in the business of bullying people into insincere apologies here. People have a right to their opinion. Others have a right to disagree. You can be disgusted if you so choose, but people don't have to apologize to make you feel better. It might be a nice thing to do, it might be the right thing to do, but we're not going to "shout down" others.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #32 on: May 21, 2017, 04:30:55 PM »

Offline rochrist

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 17
Jaylen Brown apparently didn't check out or quit. Anybody notice he's averaging 14.5 in the series?

« Reply #33 on: May 21, 2017, 04:50:09 PM »

Offline JSD

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2156
Jaylen Brown apparently didn't check out or quit. Anybody notice he's averaging 14.5 in the series?

14.5 meaningless PPG
The only color that matters is GREEN

« Reply #34 on: May 21, 2017, 04:59:47 PM »

Offline celtics2030

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 72

14.5 meaningless PPG

Don't do It man. Don't tell them what really happens. Happiness is important no matter how made up it is.

« Reply #35 on: May 21, 2017, 05:44:58 PM »

Offline Boris Badenov

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 1065
It's a sad end to a great season.

What really worries me about this outcome, more than any discussions about "quitting," is that I think the idea that a free agent would come to Boston to "get away from all the tough teams in the West" has been absolutely obliterated by Lebron and company. The West might be deeper but the Cavs are terrifying right now.