Author Topic: I'm disgusted at people accusing IT for "quitting"  (Read 3721 times)

Re: I'm disgust at people accusing IT for "quitting"
« Reply #15 on: May 21, 2017, 04:54:27 AM »

Offline JSD

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2156

I agree. Little dude is tough. Is he Chris Paul in the playoffs though? A great undersized player, but can't hold up in the playoffs​.

No, IT's played in a conference finals.

Das it mane.
The only color that matters is GREEN

« Reply #16 on: May 21, 2017, 05:44:50 AM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
IT4 is the very last player in the NBA that would quit.

He has the heart of a lion and the game to go with it.

Get well - and most importantly - get some REST.

« Reply #17 on: May 21, 2017, 06:49:19 AM »

Offline makaveli

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 320
  • The Truth
Little fella gave it all. See you next year
what doesn't kill you makes you stronger

« Reply #18 on: May 21, 2017, 07:46:22 AM »

Offline CroCorvus

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 41
Pure BS. He is many things but not a quitter. The guy wouldn't be here if he was...

« Reply #19 on: May 21, 2017, 07:59:43 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25629
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
I was really surprised to see some of the vitriol aimed at IT. Look at the guy's track record, just this playoffs alone.

Cleveland is in a zone right now. Lebron looks like he's in peak condition, the Cleveland defense is sharp, and we're not hitting shots. It's not necessarily an effort thing.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #20 on: May 21, 2017, 08:16:31 AM »

Online SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
Thomas is a role model for NOT quitting at goals . 

i don't think the injury was understood ,  and the risks he took on behalf of his team and fans.

He played too long on a bad hip injury ,  hope docs can fix him up .   

« Reply #21 on: May 21, 2017, 08:18:21 AM »

Offline RockinRyA

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 699
The rest of the team though? What's their excuse?

They don't need one.  This team overachieved for the second straight year, and our win over the Wizards was pretty awesome.  Tack on the #1 pick, and we are in tremendous shape.  I don't think any one guy on that roster deserves blame for this series.

The team failed to compete for more than a couple minutes at the start of game two.

That doesn't undo all of the good stuff they did before that.

But I don't think the team as a whole can get a pass for basically laying down to the Cavs. Especially at home.
They didn't lay down. The Cavs trampled them.

The team doesn't need a pass. They need more elite talent.

I think it's both.

They were over matched and they need more talent.

Also, they failed to compete up to their potential, even taking into account the talent disparity.

I thought this would be a decisive five game series, or maybe a four game series with a couple close losses.

I did not think that there wouldn't be a single minute of basketball that I would get to enjoy watching.

The season truly ended in Game 7 against Washington.

Instead of apologizing for the things you said about IT, which you know, have just been proven wrong, you are now shifting your narrative to the rest of the team.

You are one of the people who are accusing IT of quitting. And yes, it is disgusting.

« Reply #22 on: May 21, 2017, 08:34:14 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25629
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

They don't need one.  This team overachieved for the second straight year, and our win over the Wizards was pretty awesome.  Tack on the #1 pick, and we are in tremendous shape.  I don't think any one guy on that roster deserves blame for this series.

The team failed to compete for more than a couple minutes at the start of game two.

But I don't think the team as a whole can get a pass for basically laying down to the Cavs. Especially at home.

I think it's both.

Also, they failed to compete up to their potential, even taking into account the talent disparity.

I thought this would be a decisive five game series, or maybe a four game series with a couple close losses.

I did not think that there wouldn't be a single minute of basketball that I would get to enjoy watching.

Instead of apologizing for the things you said about IT, which you know, have just been proven wrong, you are now shifting your narrative to the rest of the team.

You are one of the people who are accusing IT of quitting. And yes, it is disgusting.

Look, the guy apologized. Let's move on, and not single anybody out.

Separate from the apology, he's looking for answers for why we were getting smoked by 50 at home. That's a legit question. I think the answer is simple - lack of talent, MVP-candidate injured, no legs, the Cavs are on a mission  but it's fair to at least question whether the team is shell-shocked a bit.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #23 on: May 21, 2017, 02:24:15 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182

I think it's both.

Who's been wronged?

Isaiah most likely didn't read anything I've said about the team, ever.

I'm upset that my team apparently ended its season in Game 7 of the 2nd round even though they actually won that game and are in the conference finals.

Yeah, it looked to me that Isaiah had checked out.  That's how I read it when a star player goes out of a game in the middle of a blowout and then it's rumored he may sit out the following game.

Now that the news has come out that his hip is pretty messed up, I retract what I said.  Isaiah is blameless here.  He did everything he could.

What's the excuse for the rest of the team?  They've been worse than a D-League team against Cleveland through the first two games.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #24 on: May 21, 2017, 03:02:45 PM »

Offline PaulP34

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 39
I think a lot of blame needs to go on the coaching staf for not getting the guys ready. Never seen such a poor plan to defend lebron. Switching the bigs on him off pick and rolls?? We dont have KG any more, you live with sticking crowder and brown on him and make him be a jump shooter and passer. Although we dont have the personel, watching lebron just get layups has got to be deflating. Also no way horford can guard love on the 3 point line, i think JJ is our only defensive option sadly.

They had one days rest while Cleveland has almost a week so tell me how the coaching staff has time to prepare for Lebron again im all ears

« Reply #25 on: May 21, 2017, 03:08:04 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2663
  • bammokja

I think it's both.

Who's been wronged?

Isaiah most likely didn't read anything I've said about the team, ever.

I'm upset that my team apparently ended its season in Game 7 of the 2nd round even though they actually won that game and are in the conference finals.

Yeah, it looked to me that Isaiah had checked out.  That's how I read it when a star player goes out of a game in the middle of a blowout and then it's rumored he may sit out the following game.

Now that the news has come out that his hip is pretty messed up, I retract what I said.  Isaiah is blameless here.  He did everything he could.

What's the excuse for the rest of the team?  They've been worse than a D-League team against Cleveland through the first two games.
good for you pho.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #26 on: May 21, 2017, 03:09:34 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871

I think it's both.

Separate from the apology, he's looking for answers for why we were getting smoked by 50 at home. That's a legit question. I think the answer is simple - lack of talent, MVP-candidate injured, no legs, the Cavs are on a mission  but it's fair to at least question whether the team is shell-shocked a bit.

I saw a retraction but not an apology.

« Reply #27 on: May 21, 2017, 03:21:26 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834

I think it's both.

That's his shortcoming. Don't make it yours. Let it go.

« Reply #28 on: May 21, 2017, 03:57:40 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871

I think it's both.

That's his shortcoming. Don't make it yours. Let it go.

I was just making the point to Roy if you noticed.

Re: I'm disgusted at people accusing IT for "quitting"
« Reply #29 on: May 21, 2017, 04:11:31 PM »

Offline JSD

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2156
Nice article by Tomase:

AFTER INSPIRING POSTSEASON, IT'S OFFENSIVE TO SUGGEST ISAIAH THOMAS QUIT ON ANYONE

http://www.weei.com/sports/boston/basketball/celtics/john-tomase/2017/05/21/after-inspiring-postseason-its-offensive-sug
The only color that matters is GREEN