Author Topic: I'm disgusted at people accusing IT for "quitting"  (Read 3729 times)

I'm disgusted at people accusing IT for "quitting"
« on: May 21, 2017, 12:38:23 AM »

Online mr. dee

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 599
The guy have the biggest adversary coming into playoffs. Lost his sister, lost his tooth and grinded his way to the ECF with his 5'9" body. He already stated before even the Cavs series that he's hurt but he doesn't want to disclose how severe it is because he might miss games.

You can call him a chucker, defensive liability, etc. But quitter is not one of them.

Cavs fans ain't one to talk about quitting, because Lebron is historically known for quitting on his teams.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2017, 02:52:38 PM by Redz »

Re: I'm disgust at people accusing IT for "quitting"
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2017, 12:53:10 AM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136

I agree. Little dude is tough. Is he Chris Paul in the playoffs though? A great undersized player, but can't hold up in the playoffs​.

« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2017, 12:55:43 AM »

Offline CELTICSofBOSTON

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 73
Have you been on twitter by the way?

The comments are down right disgusting!  This guy gave it his all but basketball fans are just ruthless.  Sad very sad. I'd like to see them score one basket in the league let alone with a torn labrum, no teeth, and at 5'9"

You would think a 5'9" legit MVP type player would get more sympathy and appreciation from fans but the hatred  towards the Celtics trumps all.

I like twitter a lot and I follow  hundreds of fans of other teams within the NBA community and the hate thrown towards the Celtics is more than any other team.  I wonder why that is.

In ITs case, it is just unacceptable.  Dude literally has a tear in his body! What do you want him to do?! The fact that he lead a team with average talent to the number one seed and the ECF finals with all this adversity is down right remarkable.

IT had a LEGENDARY season!

« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2017, 01:47:04 AM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.

I agree. Little dude is tough. Is he Chris Paul in the playoffs though? A great undersized player, but can't hold up in the playoffs​.

No, IT's played in a conference finals.

« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2017, 01:51:17 AM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 999
Sad that IT4 is being compared to Kyle Lowry and/or Jay Cutler types.

I think the Celtics are now the most hated team in the NBA above Golden State and Cleveland because of that injury (and the lottery pick) lol sigh.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2017, 01:52:00 AM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389

The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2017, 01:52:26 AM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
Isaiah demonstrated incredible heart the way he played during the first two rounds.

In the ECF, his performance in the first two games was pretty weak, and he left game three early amidst a blowout.

I don't think it would be crazy to wonder if he had simply checked out, especially with talk of him simply sitting out game 3.

But with the news that he has documented damage in his hip that will require surgery, I think that more than exonerates him.

The rest of the team though? What's their excuse?
You値l have to excuse my lengthiness葉he reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2017, 02:10:23 AM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389

They don't need one.  This team overachieved for the second straight year, and our win over the Wizards was pretty awesome.  Tack on the #1 pick, and we are in tremendous shape.  I don't think any one guy on that roster deserves blame for this series. 
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2017, 02:38:33 AM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish

They don't need one.  This team overachieved for the second straight year, and our win over the Wizards was pretty awesome.  Tack on the #1 pick, and we are in tremendous shape.  I don't think any one guy on that roster deserves blame for this series.

The team failed to compete for more than a couple minutes at the start of game two.

That doesn't undo all of the good stuff they did before that.

But I don't think the team as a whole can get a pass for basically laying down to the Cavs. Especially at home.
You値l have to excuse my lengthiness葉he reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2017, 02:53:41 AM »

Offline Rhyso

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 37
I think a lot of blame needs to go on the coaching staf for not getting the guys ready. Never seen such a poor plan to defend lebron. Switching the bigs on him off pick and rolls?? We dont have KG any more, you live with sticking crowder and brown on him and make him be a jump shooter and passer. Although we dont have the personel, watching lebron just get layups has got to be deflating. Also no way horford can guard love on the 3 point line, i think JJ is our only defensive option sadly.

« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2017, 02:54:13 AM »

Offline guava_wrench

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 777

Agreed. They were over-matched. No excuse needed.

The only person who should pretend that over-matched teams aren't trying hard enough is the coach. The rest of us don't have to pretend. They are already trying their hardest, but that isn't enough.

Clev benefited a lot from the rest. We really could have used some. Too late now.

« Reply #11 on: May 21, 2017, 02:56:47 AM »

Offline guava_wrench

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 777

The team failed to compete for more than a couple minutes at the start of game two.

But I don't think the team as a whole can get a pass for basically laying down to the Cavs. Especially at home.
They didn't lay down. The Cavs trampled them.

The team doesn't need a pass. They need more elite talent.

« Reply #12 on: May 21, 2017, 02:59:24 AM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish

They didn't lay down. The Cavs trampled them.

The team doesn't need a pass. They need more elite talent.

I think it's both.

They were over matched and they need more talent.

Also, they failed to compete up to their potential, even taking into account the talent disparity.

I thought this would be a decisive five game series, or maybe a four game series with a couple close losses.

I did not think that there wouldn't be a single minute of basketball that I would get to enjoy watching.

The season truly ended in Game 7 against Washington.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #13 on: May 21, 2017, 04:04:48 AM »

Online mr. dee

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 599

He didn't blew out any series leads either.

« Reply #14 on: May 21, 2017, 04:06:10 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Since game 7 ...something definitely looked off

Not the same IT4..
https://youtu.be/PZoao_N49TQ

Hopefully he gets better