Author Topic: Current Celtics Team in Previous Years  (Read 676 times)

Current Celtics Team in Previous Years
« on: May 20, 2017, 11:58:51 PM »

Offline Bumb_Celtic

• Neemias Queta
  • Tommy Points: 1
Okay so I was sitting here thinking about it and obviously this team is not currently on the Warriors or Cavs level but I thought to myself I wonder if this team would of done better years ago before the Cavs or Warriors built these wagons that they currently are. So my question for you guys is do you think this team as currently constructed would of been good enough to win a championship in lets say between 2001 - 2006. (Before the Celtics created their Big 3 in 07.) So they would of been competing with the Spurs teams, the Lakers, Detroit etc. Do you think this team could of won a Championship in any of those years or any other year in the 2000's before players got together and started creating their own super teams.

Re: Current Celtics Team in Previous Years
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2017, 12:31:24 AM »

Online mr. dee

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 598
Not really. Those 2000's championship teams are monster on glass. The 3-peat Lakers, 2004 Pistons,  Duncan Spurs or the 2006 Heat will manhandle this team. They have two-way centers and elite shot creators who will create much problem with this current team.

« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2017, 01:10:19 AM »

Offline LilRip

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 392
Definitely not. And it depends on the rules too. Hand checking rule was placed in 2003 I think? I don't think GSW survives against Shaq's Lakers given that environment tbh. Remember how Tyronne Lue could hold on to Iverson? Detroit or Heat will probably lose to current GSW and the only team we stand a chance at beating is the 06 Heat.

To rank it:
1. Lakers 3-peat squad (00-02)
2. Spurs (03)
3. GSW (17)
4. Spurs (05)
5. Detroit (04)
6. Cavs (17)
7. Heat (06)
- LilRip

« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2017, 01:23:35 AM »

Offline GC003332

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 62
I don't think this current version of the Celtics would even make the finals in those years , outside shot possibly in 01 or 02 let alone winning a title , some years they wouldn't even make the conference finals.