Author Topic: Isaiah Thomas Has Been Ruled Out for the Remainder of the Season  (Read 8365 times)

Re: Isaiah Thomas Has Been Ruled Out for the Remainder of the Season
« Reply #75 on: May 21, 2017, 05:03:26 PM »

Offline Kuberski33

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 540
I hope and pray that this isn't a McHale situation, where playing through this injury cuts  IT's career 4-5 years short. He started looking noticeably slower and less explosive towards the end of the Wizards series, and if he's been playing through this for 2 months, Lord knows how much damage he could have already done. The Celtics are a world-class organization, but I absolutely do not have any faith in their medical staff.

McHale was the best two way player in basketball before that injury. He could guard anyone and was unstoppable on the offensive end. He was still an excellent player after playing on the broken foot but he was never the best two way player in the game again...
People forget about his defensive ability. Pre-injury he could handle the quick guys like James Worthy.  Post injury he could still guard bigs but he lost some lateral quickness.  He was always a great scorer but the defensive end is where he declined.

The thing is IT needs to protect his own interests.  The Celtics hold all the cards in that they haven't invested big money and years in him yet.  Sure we laud him for his toughness, but its is own earning power that he has to watch out for.  I would never trust a team's doctors because its in the Celtics interests to have him on the court.  Business is business.