Author Topic: Isaiah Thomas Has Been Ruled Out for the Remainder of the Season  (Read 8385 times)

Re: Isaiah Thomas Has Been Ruled Out for the Remainder of the Season
« Reply #45 on: May 20, 2017, 09:06:46 PM »

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 269
Quite a FEW guys here on C-blog OWE IT a HUGE apology for insinuating that he quit on the team and that he was NOT really hurt!!

Step up guys.  YOU KNOW who YOU are!!!!

Patiently waiting for those apologies!!

Man up!!

Smitty77

« Reply #46 on: May 20, 2017, 09:33:51 PM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1491
Sorry to hear about IT's injury.  He was a warrior for us this year, and exceeded anyone's expectations.  I have been one of the ones questioning if we should give him a future max contract, but I never had questions about his effort or his heart.   Hopefully the rehab will go well and he can get back to playing great basketball sometime soon.  Every one is pulling for him big time.

« Reply #47 on: May 20, 2017, 09:37:55 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
IT took a lot of beating in the paint this year, and the dang referees did not protect him. He was slammed to the court many times without calls. I join all the folks praying for a speedy and complete recovery.

« Reply #48 on: May 20, 2017, 09:38:05 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1008
Haters all over the world thinks that IT4 quitted sadly

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #49 on: May 20, 2017, 09:52:22 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1773
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
I guess the trade IT threads need to stop for a bit. It sounds like he could be out through part of next season - almost mirroring the Rondo situation where Ainge couldn't make a trade until he came back.

Hopefully it is not that serious and he will be able to suit up after a nice reEdited.  Profanity and masked profanity are against forum rules and may result in discipline.l off-season. Thanks IT for playing so hard and giving it your all. May you come back healthy (and soon!).

« Reply #50 on: May 20, 2017, 09:57:17 PM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1491
So do we know when we might hear actual facts about how serious the injury is?  It was reported as a tear, but wouldn't the team already know the severity of the tear?  If it was really bad wouldn't they have shut him down before now anyways?  Just trying to think positively.

If it is a full tear am I reading this right that it is a 6 month recovery,  yikes!!

« Reply #51 on: May 20, 2017, 10:33:58 PM »

Offline Kuberski33

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 540
"Isaiah has worked tirelessly to manage this injury since it first occurred," Celtics team physician Dr. Brian McKeon said in a statement. "The swelling increased during the first two games against Cleveland, and in order to avoid more significant long-term damage to his hip, we could no longer allow him to continue.

Sounds like IT would have tried to play. You can't question the guy's toughness.
It's very easy to think the worst when stuff like this happens.  The comments from the team Dr. remind me of the Kevin McHale foot situation when he kept playing in the playoffs that year after being told by the team Dr. that no long term damage would result.  The Celtics quietly changed team doctor's that summer and McHale was never quite the same player post injury.

That all said if IT was managing an injury he was putting some some absolutely incredible performances with it.  I'm going to trust Celtics ownership and management to handle this all the right way.   But hopefully IT consulted with someone outside the organization to protect his own interests.

« Reply #52 on: May 21, 2017, 12:23:12 AM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
So do we know when we might hear actual facts about how serious the injury is?  It was reported as a tear, but wouldn't the team already know the severity of the tear?  If it was really bad wouldn't they have shut him down before now anyways?  Just trying to think positively.

If it is a full tear am I reading this right that it is a 6 month recovery,  yikes!!

It's serious enough where he's not playing in the conference finals.  For someone as tough as IT, it's probably toward the more severe time.

I'd just like him back for opening night.

« Reply #53 on: May 21, 2017, 02:35:45 AM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
"Isaiah has worked tirelessly to manage this injury since it first occurred," Celtics team physician Dr. Brian McKeon said in a statement. "The swelling increased during the first two games against Cleveland, and in order to avoid more significant long-term damage to his hip, we could no longer allow him to continue.

Sounds like IT would have tried to play. You can't question the guy's toughness.

I think we're missing the underlying problem with this entire situation, here, and that is, "...more significant long-term damage to his hip...."  What do you mean MORE?  Christ our medical staff is atrocious.  What the hell is the matter with these people?

« Reply #54 on: May 21, 2017, 03:04:34 AM »

Offline tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 557

I think we're missing the underlying problem with this entire situation, here, and that is, "...more significant long-term damage to his hip...."  What do you mean MORE?  Christ our medical staff is atrocious.  What the hell is the matter with these people?
Could be worse.  We could have the Sixers medical staff. 

« Reply #55 on: May 21, 2017, 03:12:15 AM »

Offline keevsnick

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 551
Well this is a bummer, given how awesome his regular season was he really deserved to have the chance to go full on vs the Cavs in the ECF. Despite the gap between our two teams I think a healthy Isaiah still goes crazy and wins us a game.

« Reply #56 on: May 21, 2017, 03:52:20 AM »

Offline mr. dee

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 603
I really wish they hire medical staff from Phoenix. Worked wonders for Grant Hill, Stoudamire and Steve Nash.

« Reply #57 on: May 21, 2017, 04:08:02 AM »

Offline keevsnick

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 551
https://docflynn.com/2017/05/21/isaiah-thomas-hip-injury/

This is an excellent blog post from a Boston area Sports Medicine Doctor detailing Isaiah's injury and potential treatments. A good read for those interested.

« Reply #58 on: May 21, 2017, 05:41:29 AM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
Get well, IT.

I had a feeling he wasn't himself.

His team did their best to step up for him in the WAS series but I'm glad he's finally called it quits and is getting treatment for it.

He (and this BOS team) has NOTHING to be ashamed of and CLE had better continue to bring it or BOS may still yet steal a game or two.

« Reply #59 on: May 21, 2017, 07:27:42 AM »

Offline Drucci

• Global Moderator
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 439
It sucks to see IT's season end like that but his long term health is the priority.

He had a historic season and playoffs, it only adds to his performance that he did so playing injured.

Silver lining : give Rozier big minutes against Cleveland along Jaylen, it will be a good learning curve.