Poll

NBA FINALS: Golden State vs. Cleveland. Who Do You "Root" For?

Golden State
28 (43.8%)
Cleveland
27 (42.2%)
Ugh. I Just Don't Know
9 (14.1%)

Total Members Voted: 64

Author Topic: If It's Golden State-Cleveland, Which Team Winning Is More "Tolerable"?  (Read 8030 times)

Offline 18isGREATERthan72

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 34
For me it's easily Cleveland who I'd rather see win, in convincing fashion even.  The Warriors are so arrogant it's disgusting.  For a team that didn't even have a fan base 5 years ago, they sure do talk a lot.

I respect Lebron, and I think he respects the Celtics organization... However I think Irving can pound sand.  I remember when in game 1 he pointed to the scoreboard when IT and Thompson got into some trash talk.... Like, this dude could barely get the Cavaliers over 30 games before LeBron came back.  I think Kyrie is possibly one of the most overrated and arrogant players in the league.

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 2953
  • On To Banner 18!
For me it's easily Cleveland who I'd rather see win, in convincing fashion even.  The Warriors are so arrogant it's disgusting.  For a team that didn't even have a fan base 5 years ago, they sure do talk a lot.

I respect Lebron, and I think he respects the Celtics organization... However I think Irving can pound sand.  I remember when in game 1 he pointed to the scoreboard when IT and Thompson got into some trash talk.... Like, this dude could barely get the Cavaliers over 30 games before LeBron came back.  I think Kyrie is possibly one of the most overrated and arrogant players in the league.

I think Kyrie is a tad bit overrated (not a superstar), but I don't think he's that bad tbh.

IMO DEFINITELY better than the likes of Draymond.

Klay irritates me too. Only fitting for him to sass Lebron last year ("he got his feelings hurt") and claim they are better than Showtime Lakers, and then blows a 3-1 lead...
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

Offline Jvalin

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 737
Golden State.

I don't want LeBron to surpass Larry Legend at total number of rings.

Larry Legend, the best SF of all time!

Offline PAOBoston

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 533
Cleveland. It's not even close. GS winning would be the worst thing that could happen to NBA.

Offline rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 325
Cleveland. It's not even close. GS winning would be the worst thing that could happen to NBA.

Seconded. I still have some dislike for LeBron, but Draymond's dirty, and KD spurned Boston—and the chance to be "the man" and carve out a great legacy—in exchange for being a hanger-on.

Not that I like seeing LeBron win, but he's already got a few titles, so what's one or two more?
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

Offline GC003332

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 62
Once the Celtics are out , I couldn't care less really,

I voted for Golden State , the only reason being that they at least had to play out most of the regular season in a tougher conference unlike the Cavs who basically went through the motions the last couple of months waiting for the playoffs, sad state of affairs the eastern conference.

Offline rondofan1255

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 527
Rooting for Cleveland and I don't even like Lebron.

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
LeBron is my least favorite player and person in the world.

However, I rooted for the Cavs in the finals last year and if they get there I will be doing the same this season. That's just how un-rootable the Warriors are.

Offline the TRUTH

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 77
I'll be rooting hard for Golden State. LeBron is the most obnoxious professional athlete I've seen in a long time, and as another poster said, Cavs fans are just as bad.

Online sahara

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 84

However, I rooted for the Cavs in the finals last year and if they get there I will be doing the same this season. That's just how un-rootable the Warriors are.

This is about the same for me too. I´ve hated Lebron before he even played a game in the NBA (because he was handed the keys to the league and he knew that at the age of 18 and acted like it). I still dislike him as a player, but I´ve grown to respect his game these last two playoffs. He is a perfect basketball player now at 32. J.R. Smith is a dirty idiot on the court.

Curry is SUPER annoying. Green wouldn´t be anything if he was drafted by Magic and he´s just stupid with a loud mouth. Zaza is a caveman, so I won´t say anything about him, might confuse him with big words. Klay and Iggy are nice.

I´ve always rooted for Richard Jefferson and Shaun Livingston.

Man eff-bomb both of those teams.

Offline Dino Pitino

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 219
Cleveland.

It'd suck for Lebron to keep passing Bird, but that's inevitable, he's already drawing Jordan comparisons, might as well get it over with and have him get his 4th title.

Meanwhile, it would be one of the greatest NBA things ever to see Durant's confused, crestfallen face as the Cavs clinch the title.
"Young man, you have the question backwards." - Bill Russell

"My guess is that an aggregator of expert opinions would be close in terms of results to that of Danny." - Roy H.

Offline Green-18

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 130
The Warriors winning after Kevin Durant goes down with an injury (nothing career threatening) in the Western Conference Finals!  This way LeBron doesn't win another title yet and Durant gets his first ring without playing in the Finals.  I still resent the fact that LeBron gets celebrated for returning to Cleveland when he essentially cherry picked the perfect opportunity to make it happen.  I believe he would have gotten over the hump eventually had he stayed the course in Cleveland. 

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3177

This is about the same for me too. I´ve hated Lebron before he even played a game in the NBA (because he was handed the keys to the league and he knew that at the age of 18 and acted like it). I still dislike him as a player, but I´ve grown to respect his game these last two playoffs. He is a perfect basketball player now at 32. J.R. Smith is a dirty idiot on the court.

Curry is SUPER annoying. Green wouldn´t be anything if he was drafted by Magic and he´s just stupid with a loud mouth. Zaza is a caveman, so I won´t say anything about him, might confuse him with big words. Klay and Iggy are nice.

I´ve always rooted for Richard Jefferson and Shaun Livingston.

Man eff-bomb both of those teams.

You can't compare Bird to Bron. Different eras, The league was a lot tougher and called more evenly by refs in Bird era. Fouls were fouls then, not flagrant etc... Bird got knock around for whole games and no "hand check" rule etc... Bird would average 40-15-12 in today's NBA.Bird would go to the line 20 times a game. IT's just a much softer, star treatment league than it was in the 80's.

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238
I don't root for rivals of the Celtics ever....period.

The Poll should ask "do you root for GSW or The self proclaimed Chosen One.

Give me the players without the messianic complex.

James has been our main rival over the past 7-8 years.

No matter how dastardly anybody perceives the GSW, they never have been our rivals, so I don't have a beef with them. James I have beef with.

« Last Edit: May 20, 2017, 07:12:28 PM by csfansince60s »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 2953
  • On To Banner 18!
I'd love for the Spurs to steal a game in their house, and then proceed to come back and make Golden State blow a 3-1 lead LOL. Then beat CLE in the Finals.

That's the best for all of us!  8)
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller