Poll

Would You Trade For Cousins or George or Butler or Okafor or Noel or Drummond, Last Mid Season If You Where The GM?

Yes
11 (37.9%)
No
18 (62.1%)

Total Members Voted: 28

Author Topic: Would You Pull The Trigger If You Where Danny Ainge?  (Read 2569 times)

Would You Pull The Trigger If You Where Danny Ainge?
« on: May 20, 2017, 12:29:21 PM »

Offline MISSERY

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 12
Imagine
IT Bradley Crowder Horford Cousins or Drummond or Someone
or
IT Bradley George or Butler Johnson Horford

vs. cleveland?

we may lose but not a sweep?

Re: Would You Pull The Trigger If You Where Danny Ainge?
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2017, 01:41:55 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25628
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
I'd have traded for Cousins if we could have kept the 2017 pick. It probably would have cost Jaylen plus BRK '18, but I do that deal.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2017, 01:49:56 PM »

Offline max215

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 624
I don't think so. What's the difference between being blown out in 4 and losing respectably in 5?
Isaiah, you were lightning in a bottle.

DKC Clippers

« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2017, 01:52:01 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975
I'd have traded for Cousins if we could have kept the 2017 pick. It probably would have cost Jaylen plus BRK '18, but I do that deal.

I'm sure you would, but it's a bad idea. This trade would've made it nearly impossible to land Hayward, Griffin, or any other big name free agent this summer. So in theory a Cousins trade would've cost us Brown, 2018 Nets pick, AND Hayward. Plus, this move would mean that we would have the following players all up after next summer - Thomas, Cousins, Smart, and Bradley. So it's a shortsighted move that would've had a longterm (negative) impact.

« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2017, 01:58:15 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25628
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

I'm sure you would, but it's a bad idea. This trade would've made it nearly impossible to land Hayward, Griffin, or any other big name free agent this summer. So in theory a Cousins trade would've cost us Brown, 2018 Nets pick, AND Hayward. Plus, this move would mean that we would have the following players all up after next summer - Thomas, Cousins, Smart, and Bradley. So it's a shortsighted move that would have a longterm impact.

We'd have an All-NBA center, and we'd still have the flexibility to add another superstar.

Cousins  / Zizic
Horford / KO / Yabu
George / Green
Bradley / Smart
IT / Rozier

Yeah, it would suck having that team.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2017, 02:04:36 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834

I'm sure you would, but it's a bad idea. This trade would've made it nearly impossible to land Hayward, Griffin, or any other big name free agent this summer. So in theory a Cousins trade would've cost us Brown, 2018 Nets pick, AND Hayward. Plus, this move would mean that we would have the following players all up after next summer - Thomas, Cousins, Smart, and Bradley. So it's a shortsighted move that would have a longterm impact.

We'd have an All-NBA center, and we'd still have the flexibility to add another superstar.

Cousins  / Zizic
Horford / KO / Yabu
George / Green
Bradley / Smart
IT / Rozier

That team would have sucked last night because it was without IT.

I think you are too glib giving up Brown and BKN 2018, particularly given how Brown has stood out, and how 2018 is as likely to find us our big man solution as Cousins, probably without the turmoil. 

« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2017, 02:04:56 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871

Cousins  / Zizic
Horford / KO / Yabu
George / Green
Bradley / Smart
IT / Rozier

How do you get George, Roy? When Eddie says the deal would have cost the chance to get Hayward that would also include a player like George.

« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2017, 02:08:58 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson

Cousins  / Zizic
Horford / KO / Yabu
George / Green
Bradley / Smart
IT / Rozier

So by the George trade I gather the trade is Crowder and the #1 overall for George. I personally wouldn't, but that's not the real issue. The problem with that roster is that 80% of your starting lineup will be a free agent in the summer of 18 (60% of which will command max money). Is that a sound strategy? Would ownership be willing to pay the highest luxury tax bill in league history?

This also doesn't include that Olynyk will be a free agent this summer and he'll have to renounced before absorbing George in a trade. Regardless, I'm not even sure a George trade would be possible despite renouncing him. Don't feel like adding up numbers, but I doubt it.

Despite Cousins personal stats he still has not proven he makes his teammates better and can impact actual winning.

« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2017, 02:10:28 PM »

Offline keevsnick

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 550

Cousins  / Zizic
Horford / KO / Yabu
George / Green
Bradley / Smart
IT / Rozier

How do you get George, Roy? When Eddie says the deal would have cost the chance to get Hayward that would also include a player like George.

Also that team would get EXTREMELY expensive really fast. With Cousins, Isaiah and George all up after next year, along with a big raise for Bradley, Smart Olynyk. Its really not doable.

« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2017, 02:12:58 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871

Cousins  / Zizic
Horford / KO / Yabu
George / Green
Bradley / Smart
IT / Rozier

Also that team would get EXTREMELY expensive really fast. With Cousins, Isaiah and George all up after next year, along with a big raise for Bradley, Smart Olynyk. Its really not doable.

Oh, I see that he gave up Fultz to get George... HORRIBLE TRADE!!!

« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2017, 02:21:31 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
The C's team future appears to be based upon the high potential/low salary of Brown, Fultz, and our 2018 Nets pick, paired with strategic signings of Horford, Hayward, and potentially Thomas. It's reminiscent of the very early 90's Celtics where they had two age groups as part of the roster. The Big 3 and the young players comprised of Lewis, Shaw, Dee, and Gamble. However, our potential Big 3 of Horford, Thomas, and Hayward are much younger and in their prime, and the young players now, which also includes Zizic, Yabu, Rozier, etc., collectively have have a much higher upside.

« Reply #11 on: May 20, 2017, 03:38:07 PM »

Offline vjcsmoke

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182

I'd do that deal too but it doesn't look like the Celtics had any interest in Cousins whatsoever.  Oh well.  We are not in Cleveland's class.  That much is clear.  Upgrades need to be made over the summer!!

« Reply #12 on: May 20, 2017, 03:52:15 PM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 742
The problem with these scenarios is that we don't know how much it would've cost to get someone like George or Butler. There are lots of "reports" from "sources" but we just don't know. Asking whether or not I would like Paul George to be on the Celtics right now is a very different question than asking if I would've completed a trade that might've stripped the Celtics of all their best future assets.

That said, of the players listed, I still think Noel could've been gotten for very minimal assets and could've been wonderful on this team.
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

« Reply #13 on: May 20, 2017, 11:25:14 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
None of these guys are gonna help us beat lebron or the nba2k warriors. Come on seriously... "imagine cousins with IT" don't have to... Sacramento tried it for years and it went no where. Butler and George will require shipping all our talent out ship out 4 good players for 1 in return doesn't get us anywhere

« Reply #14 on: May 20, 2017, 11:28:43 PM »

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1557
None of these guys are gonna help us beat lebron or the nba2k warriors. Come on seriously... "imagine cousins with IT" don't have to... Sacramento tried it for years and it went no where. Butler and George will require shipping all our talent out ship out 4 good players for 1 in return doesn't get us anywhere

DING! DING! DING! somebody gets it!
LET'S GO CELTICS!