Author Topic: Would DAL give up 9th pick for AB?  (Read 1719 times)

Would DAL give up 9th pick for AB?
« on: May 20, 2017, 12:14:19 PM »

Offline perks-a-beast

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 224
Dallas is a team that seems adamant about staying relevant. They have a ton of cap space and could perhaps entice a big free agent to come by making a win now move like this.

Dallas is rumored to like Frank Ntilikina, who is likely to still be on the board when they pick. Would Cuban be willing to sacrifice a top 10 pick in a loaded draft for potentially 1 year of Bradley?

With Bradley on board, Dallas could then go Point guard shopping in free agency to round out a core of Barnes/Bradley/Nowitzki/Noel/Matthews. Jeff Teague? Tyreke Evans? Chris Paul?

The Celtics could target Lauri Markkanen 9th, who has been my bunny since before the NCAA season. Markkanens a deadly three point sniper who would be a huge weapon in Brad Stevens system.

What do you all think? Fair for both sides?

Re: Would DAL give up 9th pick for AB?
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2017, 12:22:55 PM »

Offline Jvalin

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 737
Dallas is a team that seems adamant about staying relevant. They have a ton of cap space and could perhaps entice a big free agent to come by making a win now move like this.

Dallas is rumored to like Frank Ntilikina, who is likely to still be on the board when they pick. Would Cuban be willing to sacrifice a top 10 pick in a loaded draft for potentially 1 year of Bradley?

With Bradley on board, Dallas could then go Point guard shopping in free agency to round out a core of Barnes/Bradley/Nowitzki/Noel/Matthews. Jeff Teague? Tyreke Evans? Chris Paul?

The Celtics could target Lauri Markkanen 9th, who has been my bunny since before the NCAA season. Markkanens a deadly three point sniper who would be a huge weapon in Brad Stevens system.

I was actually thinking we should consider trading IT to the Mavs for the #9 pick.

« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2017, 12:28:07 PM »

Offline LatterDayCelticsfan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 171
  • Community Text
The real question would the C's give up Bradley for the 9th pic
Banner 18 please 😍

« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2017, 12:31:25 PM »

Offline keevsnick

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 549
I was thinking about Minnesota at 7. Thibodeau must be going nuts trying to get that young team to play defense, maybe he'd bite on adding one of the best perimeter defenders in the league. I imagine that team may want to make a play off run next year, and with Lavine out he could help. I think you'd have to add something in addition to Bradley though to make the value work.

« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2017, 12:33:08 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
I'd rather package Bradley in a bigger trade for an All-Star.

But this looks a good alternative.

« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2017, 12:39:53 PM »

Offline Sketch5

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280
The real question would the C's give up Bradley for the 9th pic

I say yes since Markkenan is suppose to be in that rang. He looks like a Stevens style center. Not really a shot blocker, but moves his feet well and plays positional defense, like KO, but more athletic and thinks he's an actual center. And the dude has extremely nice range. 

« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2017, 12:39:56 PM »

Offline obnoxiousmime

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 258
I dunno, I was also trying to find a team that might be willing to deal their first rounder. It's hard because the rookie deal is such a bargain in this new exploding cap environment. This draft seems very deep in the first ten picks, but all the teams know that.

They need to target a team that is desperate to win but also feels confident Thomas or Bradley actually will re-sign there, and that's not easy. This draft is also very deep at PG (in fact the position is deep across the league) so it's not a great market for Thomas in that respect either.

In fact, I wonder how many suitors Thomas will have next year actually offering a max deal (and that he would actually want to go to). The cap should stop rising exponentially and teams will have had another year to fill up their space. It's not going to be the bonanza it was last year.

« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2017, 12:43:06 PM »

Offline tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 549

I was actually thinking we should consider trading IT to the Mavs for the #9 pick.
Bingo.  I have no interest in giving IT anything near MAX.  It is possible Isaac falls to 9 and I'm good with Markkanen replacing KO too.  I think the best we could get for Bradley is the Bucks pick. 

« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2017, 12:47:28 PM »

Offline Jvalin

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 737

Bingo.  I have no interest in giving IT anything near MAX.  It is possible Isaac falls to 9 and I'm good with Markkanen replacing KO too.  I think the best we could get for Bradley is the Bucks pick.
I'd rather trade Bradley for Saric. For all we know, the Sixers love Bradley.

Having said that, I don't want us to trade Bradley.

« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2017, 01:16:40 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1756
  • Everybody knows what's best for you

That was an option floating around earlier this year. I don't know why the Sixers wouldn't want Bradley and Saric would be a great replacement for KO/JJ. The Sixers would also have plenty of money to offer Bradley on the FA market. It seems like this would be mutually beneficial and more of a sure thing for the Cs.

« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2017, 01:30:33 PM »

Offline obnoxiousmime

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 258

That was an option floating around earlier this year. I don't know why the Sixers wouldn't want Bradley and Saric would be a great replacement for KO/JJ. The Sixers would also have plenty of money to offer Bradley on the FA market. It seems like this would be mutually beneficial and more of a sure thing for the Cs.

I don't think it's impossible, but he seems a little old for their rebuild. The big problem is Bradley is definitely not going to give them any guarantees in re-signing.

Also, if they draft Monk then there's no spot for Bradley.

And why does everybody assume Saric is available? He was a ROY candidate and still has three years left on his deal. He can play next to Embiid. They haven't given any indication that Simmons has to be a PF.

I would think that they'd be trying to deal Okafor sometime in the next year. Besides that, I think they're trying to keep who they have.