Author Topic: Keep It Simple C's (Offseason)  (Read 2093 times)

Re: Keep It Simple C's (Offseason)
« Reply #15 on: May 20, 2017, 03:51:38 PM »

Offline More Banners

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 257
Sure sucks to lose Olynyk for space. I can live without Amir and Jerebko, but feel invested after developing the guy for 4 years.  Still, not paying $15M.

Somehow ready to cut bait on Smart though. Positional logjam I suppose.

I think/hope/expect next years minutes to look like IT/AB/Hayward with Fultz/Brown off the bench. I could see some S&T action to clear space to keep Olynyk if possible. Maybe KO/Horford start up front, Zizic 4th big, Crowder smallball 4 unless traded for a better one.

I'd hope trade Smart/Crowder for a big, try to keep Rozier to backup Fultz when IT signs elsewhere in '18.

Can we sign Young to a minimum deal still?  Once roster filler, always roster filler.

Wouldn't be surprised to see Danny bite on Melo with a role player and low pick potpourri. In that case I still don't think he trades any of those core pieces.  Smart/Crowder/Rozier/Picks/Filler-Yabu, Zizic?  That's a full bench, and not a bad one.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2017, 03:59:11 PM by More Banners »

« Reply #16 on: May 20, 2017, 04:16:00 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Sure sucks to lose Olynyk for space. I can live without Amir and Jerebko, but feel invested after developing the guy for 4 years.  Still, not paying $15M.

I think/hope/expect next years minutes to look like IT/AB/Hayward with Fultz/Brown off the bench. I could see some S&T action to clear space to keep Olynyk if possible. Maybe KO/Horford start up front, Zizic 4th big, Crowder smallball 4 unless traded for a better one.

I'd hope trade Smart/Crowder for a big, try to keep Rozier to backup Fultz when IT signs elsewhere in '18.

Can we sign Young to a minimum deal still?  Once roster filler, always roster filler.

Wouldn't be surprised to see Danny bite on Melo with a role player and low pick potpourri. In that case I still don't think he trades any of those core pieces.  Smart/Crowder/Rozier/Picks/Filler-Yabu, Zizic?  That's a full bench, and not a bad one.

This is not simple sir

Just sign hayward and sign KO to 1 year min

Plus draft Fultz and nothing else major is probably the simpliest

« Reply #17 on: May 20, 2017, 11:09:36 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 2953
  • On To Banner 18!

If they whiff on every single FA and Trade Target, I could see them target Melo since his price is cheap, we would still draft Fultz, and he only has 2 years left on contract.

Basically roll out a Horford/IT/Melo veteran trio with the young guns developing.

Maybe Brown gets some advice from Melo and Melo could also play some of the 4.

This way we keep competing but also building towards life after Lebron declines (which hopefully is in 3 years).
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller