Author Topic: Keep It Simple C's (Offseason)  (Read 2094 times)

Keep It Simple C's (Offseason)
« on: May 20, 2017, 11:47:41 AM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 2953
  • On To Banner 18!
Draft Fultz. Sign Hayward. Trade For A Moderate PF/C Upgrade.

Or if Hayward decides to stay (wouldn't blame him), still do the other two things, and maybe sign a Taj Gibson-like FA (using MLE) who is a clear upgrade to the likes of Amir/Zeller right now and roll next season.

DO NOT TRADE THE #1 PICK FOR GEORGE/BUTLER.

As last night showed, acquiring either + signing Hayward STILL won't get us past CLE.

But Hayward at Age 27 fits this timeline very well, and we should NOT hesitate in adding him regardless. Best part is, Hayward is hitting his prime the next few years and could get even better. Draft Fultz to go along with Zizic, Brown, 2018 Nets Pick and build with that foundation too.

Lets face it, there are no "realistic" Durant-type FA's this summer, and Griffin is just too much of an injury risk. Hayward is probably the best UFA this summer, because I highly doubt Curry/KD are leaving, and Lowry will go elsewhere (and we don't really need him either IMHO).

Thoughts?
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

Re: Keep It Simple C's (Offseason)
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2017, 11:58:27 AM »

Offline OHCeltic

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 17
Draft Fultz  Trade Bradley Sign or Trade for Morris-Pistons, Nance-Lakers and Holmes-76ers and try and sign Hayward

« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2017, 12:01:56 PM »

Offline keevsnick

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 550
This seems to be the scenario the front office is going for, my only problem is the positional logjam it creates. Bradley, Smart, Thomas, Fultz, Crowder, Rozier, Hayward, Brown. That's eight players you can argue should be getting rotation minutes for 3 positions. I mean Brown got 17 min a year this year before adding Fultz and Hayward. Even assuming we move Bradley (and we'd have to fit Hayward) we still have too few minutes to develop Fultz and Brown properly.

« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2017, 12:04:58 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • On To Banner 18!
This seems to be the scenario the front office is going for, my only problem is the positional logjam it creates. Bradley, Smart, Thomas, Fultz, Crowder, Rozier, Hayward, Brown. That's eight players you can argue should be getting rotation minutes for 3 positions. I mean Brown got 17 min a year this year before adding Fultz and Hayward. Even assuming we move Bradley (and we'd have to fit Hayward) we still have too few minutes to develop Fultz and Brown properly.

I figure we trade 1, maybe 2 of that "guard group" (after drafting Fultz) to acquire that PF/C upgrade somewhere.

« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2017, 12:15:57 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
Draft Fultz at #1

Stash #37 etc.

Say bye to Amir, Jerebko, Zeller, Young.

Cut Mickey.

Sign Zizic, Nader, Yabusele.

Explore trade options for Bradley & Crowder.

Sign Taj Gibson or trade for Kenneth Faried.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2017, 12:22:00 PM »

Offline keevsnick

• Rajon Rondo

I figure we trade 1, maybe 2 of that "guard group" (after drafting Fultz) to acquire that PF/C upgrade somewhere.

Ya I guess I just worry you'd have too many players who either deserve minutes, or need minutes to develop. I mean you're adding two guys who ideally are getting a lot of run, and brown should jump form 17 to 25+ next year. I wonder if Crowder would be unhappy moving to a bench role or if Smart would bristle at losing minutes in a contract year. I guess it depends on who you want to trade for the big. If its Bradley and Crowder probably no problem.

« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2017, 12:43:33 PM »

Offline LatterDayCelticsfan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 171
  • Community Text
Draft Fultz at #1

Stash #37 etc.

Cut Mickey.

I like this as a starting point. Though if you happen to move both
Banner 18 please 😍

« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2017, 02:38:13 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • On To Banner 18!

Ya I guess I just worry you'd have too many players who either deserve minutes, or need minutes to develop. I mean you're adding two guys who ideally are getting a lot of run, and brown should jump form 17 to 25+ next year. I wonder if Crowder would be unhappy moving to a bench role or if Smart would bristle at losing minutes in a contract year. I guess it depends on who you want to trade for the big. If its Bradley and Crowder probably no problem.

Crowder as a starter just won't cut it. Either he comes off the bench or he gets traded in a package for an upgrade.

Love Crowder and his contract, but if he can't hit shots, he's a liability out there.

NEED a scoring upgrade at the wing position.

« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2017, 02:42:58 PM »

Offline max215

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 624
Draft Fultz at #1

Stash #37 etc.

Cut Mickey.

I'll sign off on this. Ideally, though, I'd trade Bradley and/or Crowder for a cheap-ish big and make a run at Hayward.
Isaiah, you were lightning in a bottle.

DKC Clippers

« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2017, 02:43:05 PM »

Offline keevsnick

• Rajon Rondo

Crowder as a starter just won't cut it. Either he comes off the bench or he gets traded in a package for an upgrade.

Love Crowder and his contract, but if he can't hit shots, he's a liability out there.

Ya I agree, personally I would love to see Brown starting at the 2 and Hayward at the 3 next year. That gives us more length and athleticism on the wing.

« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2017, 02:46:41 PM »

Offline CELTICSofBOSTON

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 73
Draft Fultz

Stash the 2nd rounders or trade

Let Kelly Amir and Jonas walk

Trade Bradley, Zeller, Rozier, Mickey, 2018 Nets pick,and 2 other first rounders for Paul George

Sign Blake if cap allows or Taj Gibson

Sign Zizic, Nader, Yabusele

Isaiah Thomas - Marcus Smart
Jaylen Brown - Markelle Fultz - Gerald Green
Paul George - Jae Crowder - Abdel Nader
Taj Gibson - Guerschon Yabusele
Al Horford - Ante Zizic

That leaves roster at 12.  I'm not a cap expert but some cheap free agents that I like are Justin Holiday and Alan Williams

« Reply #11 on: May 20, 2017, 02:50:15 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • On To Banner 18!
Draft Fultz

Trade Bradley, Zeller, Rozier, Mickey, 2018 Nets pick,and 2 other first rounders for Paul George

Al Horford - Ante Zizic

That leaves roster at 12.  I'm not a cap expert but some cheap free agents that I like are Justin Holiday and Alan Williams

Doubt we can sign Griffin (if we also trade for George) unless he takes a small pay cut, so it would likely be Gibson using MLE.

And not sure I'd do that for George since he's a rental. If he agreed to a long term commitment, then sure.

But TP for the overall suggestion. I like it.

« Reply #12 on: May 20, 2017, 03:05:07 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • On To Banner 18!

Ya I agree, personally I would love to see Brown starting at the 2 and Hayward at the 3 next year. That gives us more length and athleticism on the wing.

Yeah, they can each play the 2/3 in certain situations, but Hayward (in small ball) can play the 4 for some short spurts. Above average defender and has the size to go up against other great players too.

« Reply #13 on: May 20, 2017, 03:22:57 PM »

Offline CELTICSofBOSTON

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 73
Draft Fultz

Al Horford - Ante Zizic

Doubt we can sign Griffin (if we also trade for George) unless he takes a small pay cut, so it would likely be Gibson using MLE.

And not sure I'd do that for George since he's a rental. If he agreed to a long term commitment, then sure.

But TP for the overall suggestion. I like it.

Thanks! Who are some low-cost free agents that you like?

I feel like Holiday and Alan Williams always play great against us and I think they are good players that can be had relatively low price.

« Reply #14 on: May 20, 2017, 03:33:07 PM »

Offline PAOBoston

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 533
Draft Fultz.

Trade Bradley/Crowder for a big.

Sign Hayward.

Let go of Olynyk/Jerebko/Amir/Mickey/Young

Bring over Zizic.

One guy I would be intrigued by is James Johnson from Miami. He's 6'9 and 240-250 and can play that stretch 4 spot. I think he would be a good fit on this team.