Poll

Who you got?

Fultz
78 (90.7%)
Jaylen
8 (9.3%)

Total Members Voted: 86

Author Topic: Better prospect Fultz or Jaylen? (Poll)  (Read 5059 times)

Re: Better prospect Fultz or Jaylen? (Poll)
« Reply #60 on: May 21, 2017, 09:40:44 PM »

Offline CF0022

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 3
This poll is simply 9 out of 10 people  think Fultz is a better prospect.  I get that.  I voted for Jaylen because I feel like he is raw and has a lot of room for growth. Both do but I voted for jaylen because ultimately it is just a poll.

If i were to put a numerical grade on each prospect coming out i'd say jaylen was an 89 and fultz is a 93 but that's just a numerical grade.  I think they are much closer than that and ultimately that s just a numerical grade.

I think Jaylen has higher upside in ways for different reasons.   It's a coin flip  in ways, giving Fultz the benefit of the doubt, with 60/40 odds in his favor, and I still might go with Jaylen.

I think jaylen is raw. Has very high upside.  Fultz is the same for different reasons. Has to be more physical at the pro level. Jaylen has to expand his game and continue to be physical.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2017, 09:46:54 PM by CF0022 »

« Reply #61 on: May 21, 2017, 09:54:11 PM »

Offline mqtcelticsfan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 236
This poll is simply 9 out of 10 people  think Fultz is a better prospect.  I get that.  I voted for Jaylen because I feel like he is raw and has a lot of room for growth. Both do but I voted for jaylen because ultimately it is just a poll.

If i were to put a numerical grade on each prospect coming out i'd say jaylen was an 89 and fultz is a 93 but that's just a numerical grade.  I think they are much closer than that and ultimately that s just a numerical grade.

I think Jaylen has higher upside in ways for different reasons.   It's a coin flip  in ways, giving Fultz the benefit of the doubt, with 60/40 odds in his favor, and I still might go with Jaylen.

I think jaylen is raw. Has very high upside.  Fultz is the same for different reasons. Has to be more physical at the pro level. Jaylen has to expand his game and continue to be physical.

Let the record show that the real results should reflect one more vote for Fultz and one less vote for Brown.

« Reply #62 on: May 21, 2017, 09:54:58 PM »

Offline CF0022

• Brad Stevens
I voted for jaylen though.  So it doesn't.  I said that is just a numerical grade.  I didn't say I thought he was the better prospect. That was part of my thought process in deciding.  It's not who I voted for.

I voted for jaylen.   Because human nature.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2017, 10:06:06 PM by CF0022 »

« Reply #63 on: May 21, 2017, 09:58:12 PM »

Offline mqtcelticsfan

• Bailey Howell
I voted for jaylen though.  So it doesn't.  I said that is just a numerical grade.  I didn't say I thought he was the better prospect. That was part of my thought process in deciding.  It's not who I voted for.

I voted for jaylen.  Because human nature.

I worry that you don't know what numbers signify.

« Reply #64 on: May 21, 2017, 09:59:36 PM »

Offline CF0022

• Brad Stevens
No I do and I've been right before with the odds against me.

« Reply #65 on: May 21, 2017, 10:01:09 PM »

Offline CF0022

• Brad Stevens
Those are just numbers anyways i threw out there anyways as part of my analysis.  Those numbers aren't even necessarily correct.  just part of my analysis. I think they are sort of correct and why people are voting for fultz.  But doesn't make him a better prospect.  It does on the surface yes...

It depends on how you look at it though.

my intiitial reaction of this poll was i was going to vote for jaylen before i even read the results and i still feel that way.

« Reply #66 on: May 21, 2017, 10:08:21 PM »

Offline mqtcelticsfan

• Bailey Howell
Those are just numbers anyways i threw out there anyways as part of my analysis.  Those numbers aren't even necessarily correct.  just part of my analysis. I think they are sort of correct and why people are voting for fultz.  But doesn't make him a better prospect.  It does on the surface yes...

It depends on how you look at it though.

my intiitial reaction of this poll was i was going to vote for jaylen before i even read the results and i still feel that way.

But the numbers you threw out as part of your analysis indicated Fultz was a better prospect. It's like saying Fultz is an A prospect and Brown is an A- prospect. Just because the A- prospect could end up being a better player, it doesn't mean grading them that way suggests you think the A- guy is a better prospect.

« Reply #67 on: May 21, 2017, 10:19:01 PM »

Offline CF0022

• Brad Stevens
I agree in that regard.  If I take an iq test which is pure logic and reason I score 152.   Theory of relativity etc. I wonder if einstein took into account human beings are religious though.   There's no way to clearly tell right now.  jaylen has a lot of physical tools.  So does Fultz. When dealing with people it's not that cut and dry.

Sometimes when you do all the righ tthings and have everyone behind you it's easier.  Sometimes when people are against you you are at an advantage too though.

I could have a mental disorder.  I might just be smart here and all of you do for all we know right now.

People tend to follow in ways of what is right and wrong.  They don't really know.  Everyone is a person regardless. Stay in school etc.  Everyone wants to be treated equally but isn't equal.

Jaylen has abilities. I really like him as a prospect.  I really like Fultz too.  I'll go with jaylen here though. Could be wrong. Could be right.

NEither of these guys are a number. They are  a person.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2017, 10:24:02 PM by CF0022 »

« Reply #68 on: May 21, 2017, 10:28:24 PM »

Offline mqtcelticsfan

• Bailey Howell
I agree in that regard.  If I take an iq test which is pure logic and reason I score 152.   Theory of relativity etc. I wonder if einstein took into account human beings are religious though.   There's no way to clearly tell right now.  jaylen has a lot of physical tools.  So does Fultz. When dealing with people it's not that cut and dry.

Sometimes when you do all the righ tthings and have everyone behind you it's easier.  Sometimes when people are against you you are at an advantage too though.

I could have a mental disorder.  I might just be smart here and all of you do for all we know right now.

People tend to follow in ways of what is right and wrong.  They don't really know.  Everyone is a person regardless. Stay in school etc.  Everyone wants to be treated equally but isn't equal.

Jaylen has abilities. I really like him as a prospect.  I really like Fultz too.  I'll go with jaylen here though. Could be wrong. Could be right.

NEither of these guys are a number. They are  a person.

Bro...

« Reply #69 on: May 21, 2017, 10:45:28 PM »

Offline droopdog7

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 466
No I didn't flunk logic. Interesting though that you think that.   I just find it interesting that 9 out of 10 people think that fultz is a better prospect regardless. That isn't necessarily the case.  Interesting that 9 out of 10 people think that though.

Consiedring we live in a world that is supposed to treat people equally.  Yeah that pick may have more value but I don't think that fultz is necessarily a better prospect.

Not everyone is equal but in fultz vs jaylen i don't think it should be 9 to 1 by any means that fultz is definately a better prospect.

jaylen may be more raw in ways sure.  as far as talent i don't think it's that clear at this point.
Honestly, I'm surprised the vote is that close.  Fultz is the better prospect and I'm thinking about 98 out of a 100 experts would call it that way.  I get that people around really brown.  I like his too.  But brown is no more than a nice prospect.  He could exceed that and become a multiple time all star but I certainly wouldn't expect that.  I wouldn't predict it.

Fultz is clearly the better prospect and the voting reflects that as much as some people don't agree

« Reply #70 on: May 21, 2017, 10:48:45 PM »

Offline rochrist

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 17
He's 20 years old.  I think that's a given in ways.  I'm not saying it's bad but I'm sure he's still figuring things out what he wants to be etc..

He isn't everything he can possibly be yet. He could go either direction too.  If he thinks he doesn't have maturity issues that's an issue. He's 20 years old. If this is it might as well just mail it in the rest of the way.

He has maturity issues. He still has to develop. Nothing meant by it except that really. He just has to still develop.

So in other words, there's no evidence of maturity issues other than your personal opinion.

« Reply #71 on: May 21, 2017, 10:53:08 PM »

Offline CF0022

• Brad Stevens
No there is evidence of that.  He needs to improve his shot and ball handling. Also if he was fully mature he'd be playing 30 mpg. He's 20 years old and still has to develop.

How I said that and how you think I said that are also two different things.  I didn't mean it in a negative sense at all.

Nor is anything I'm saying in the negative sense.  People could be agreeing. There is nothing wrong with what I'm saying.

He has maturity issues.  I wouldn't downgrade him because of it. So does Fultz for that matter.  He's young has to develop as a player.  That's all. Nothing insinuated there.  He doesn't even HAVE to do that.  It's more just a statement which is true.  More in the supportive sense because that is what he has to do. What is there to disagree about there? Nothing.

In a supportive sense it is what it is.  He's a person ultimately.  Words only say so much regardless.

I'm not even arguing with any of you.   I more just think it's funny because that's not what I'm doing ehre.   I usually blame myself or being blamed for stuff that has nothing to do with me too. And then I realize it because it doesn't.

People could very easily be voting for jaylen here and saying dude you are awesome.  It just is what it is.  lol. I know the type of person i am.  I'm not worried about it. That's not even what I said. The internet is what it is.

jaylen has yet to fully mature as a player.  Better? We are talking semantics here.  I don't nitpick you like that. If I did I'd get banned.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2017, 11:53:17 PM by CF0022 »