Poll

Who you got?

Fultz
78 (90.7%)
Jaylen
8 (9.3%)

Total Members Voted: 86

Author Topic: Better prospect Fultz or Jaylen? (Poll)  (Read 5060 times)

Re: Better prospect Fultz or Jaylen? (Poll)
« Reply #30 on: May 21, 2017, 01:27:55 PM »

Offline droopdog7

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 466
Never mind prospect, Fultz is the better player right NOW.  And Jaylen is over a year and a half older than Fultz.

« Reply #31 on: May 21, 2017, 05:17:25 PM »

Offline Chris22

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 460
Fultz and Brown in the backcourt will be fun.
No more having the smallest backcourt in the league.

« Reply #32 on: May 21, 2017, 05:23:48 PM »

Offline rochrist

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 17
Fultz is more talented but I'm siding with Brown because I don't like lazy players

This is a legitimately stupid take.

« Reply #33 on: May 21, 2017, 05:26:30 PM »

Offline rochrist

• Brad Stevens
Guys i like Fultz but im getting a strange feeling Danny is gonna trade the #1 to Philly n jump to #3 n grab Tatum n gain an extra pick next year.

Why would he give Philly exactly what the need to become a super team?

« Reply #34 on: May 21, 2017, 06:21:15 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2666
  • bammokja
Fultz is more talented but I'm siding with Brown because I don't like lazy players

instead of making a personal attack, perhaps you could provide the reasons and data that leads you to this conclusion.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #35 on: May 21, 2017, 06:21:46 PM »

Online hodgy03038

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 440
  • Marcus Smart #1 Fan
From everything I have read it's that Fultz is a "one every 10 years" type of talent. I think Jaylen is good with a lot of upside but I think there's a Jaylen in every draft.

« Reply #36 on: May 21, 2017, 06:49:38 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136
From everything I have read it's that Fultz is a "one every 10 years" type of talent. I think Jaylen is good with a lot of upside but I think there's a Jaylen in every draft.

I hear what your saying, but not really true. 2015 the top three SFs we're, Stanley Johnson, Winslow, and Sam Dekker.

No Jaylen Brown types there.

« Reply #37 on: May 21, 2017, 06:56:39 PM »

Offline safecracker

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 14
  • JJ8

No indication Fultz is lazy

Could try harder on the defensive end
I mean he has a great work ethic but he has James Harden tendencies in terms of taking plays off and not playing with great intensity/effort during game, and I have hated harden over the years for that, but I'm still gonna love Fultz if we draft him

Folks do not understand that Fultz was cruising because he knew that Washington team wasnt going anywhere. Why would he risk the potential for a #1 pick to injury.
See I don't like that, he has the talent to bring his team the farthest they could've gone in school history but he didn't really care about that he just wanted to boost his stock. That's shows a lack of competitiveness...
I agree. Really highly competitive, high motor guys don't really have an 'off' button (at least when they are young). They give it all in every situation, be it a big final or a game of darts with friends. That's why I'm a bit concerned with Fultz. And if you're taking plays off 'to avoid injury', it doesn't make sense to take defensive plays off. Injuries are much more likely to happen when you attack the hoop.

« Reply #38 on: May 21, 2017, 06:57:10 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3177

I hear what your saying, but not really true. 2015 the top three SFs we're, Stanley Johnson, Winslow, and Sam Dekker.

Jaylen's work ethic and drive make him better than those guys. I also think Jaylen is way more athletic  than any of those guys. Jaylen also shoots better than any of those guys. Yeah, there's not a Jaylen in every draft. Jaylen looks special and his hard work is going to put him in rare company....From what I hear Fultz is also a gym rat that works very hard on his game.

« Reply #39 on: May 21, 2017, 07:03:12 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842

Jaylen's work ethic and drive make him better than those guys. I also think Jaylen is way more athletic  than any of those guys. Jaylen also shoots better than any of those guys. Yeah, there's not a Jaylen in every draft. Jaylen looks special and his hard work is going to put him in rare company....From what I hear Fultz is also a gym rat that works very hard on his game.
I don't think Jaylens work ethic is any different than winslow or Johnson or whoever.

He's a MUCH better athlete
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #40 on: May 21, 2017, 07:13:15 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
This isn't fair because both have high ceilings, its just that fultz has a higher floor. It be exciting watching both grow, no one can deny this

« Reply #41 on: May 21, 2017, 07:13:27 PM »

Offline mr. dee

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 598

I don't think Jaylens work ethic is any different than winslow or Johnson or whoever.

He's a MUCH better athlete

Jaylen also have that quick first step that neither Johnson or Winslow have.

« Reply #42 on: May 21, 2017, 07:23:07 PM »

Offline bknova

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 73
Jaylen is Pippen to Fultz's Jordan. 

« Reply #43 on: May 21, 2017, 07:41:57 PM »

Offline rochrist

• Brad Stevens

instead of making a personal attack, perhaps you could provide the reasons and data that leads you to this conclusion.

There is zero reason to believe that Fultz is 'lazy'. The evidence is in play, even if you discount the countless stories from people who know him and have watched him progress.

« Reply #44 on: May 21, 2017, 07:47:53 PM »

Offline 86MaxwellSmart

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 379
Well, we know that Jaylen CAN play in this league now...which was a sigh of relief to me

Here's hoping for at least the same from Fultz.
Larry Bird was Greater than you think.