Poll

Who you got?

Fultz
78 (90.7%)
Jaylen
8 (9.3%)

Total Members Voted: 86

Author Topic: Better prospect Fultz or Jaylen? (Poll)  (Read 5052 times)

Re: Better prospect Fultz or Jaylen? (Poll)
« Reply #15 on: May 20, 2017, 01:45:48 PM »

Offline Bostoncelticsforlife7

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 18
Fultz is more talented but I'm siding with Brown because I don't like lazy players

No indication Fultz is lazy

Could try harder on the defensive end
I mean he has a great work ethic but he has James Harden tendencies in terms of taking plays off and not playing with great intensity/effort during game, and I have hated harden over the years for that, but I'm still gonna love Fultz if we draft him
Warning: I am a Marucs Smart homer

« Reply #16 on: May 21, 2017, 11:45:21 AM »

Offline scientific_thinker

• Svi Mykhailiuk
  • Tommy Points: 3
Fultz.

I think Fultz has the potential to be one of the best players in the league during his career. I think Brown could be one of the best players at his position.

Fultz has elite size for his position (PG). I don't know if Fultz's athleticism is elite but it is definitely above average. His combination of size and athleticism is elite. He is young and may not be fully developed physically so both of these measurables might improve.

He has much better touch than Brown around the basket. In fact, he has the touch to be a special shooter.

His ball handling and shooting are already advanced for his age. He reminds me of a more athletic Steve Nash (though not quite the shooter Nash was). He and Nash are very smooth with terrific balance in their stop/start/change of direction rather than herky-jerky like Harden (who he is often compared to).

That said, they are both prospects. They would have to work hard and avoid injuries to tap into all that potential but if both manage to approach their ceilings Fultz will be special and Brown will be very good.

« Reply #17 on: May 21, 2017, 11:48:24 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
They both  will look mighty good along side Smart showing them how,to play the Celtic way.  Hopefully IT can come back.....if anyone has the ability to come back or mindset to overcome its IT!

We need help for Horford up front .

Maybe well trade for a big or draft one in 2018

« Reply #18 on: May 21, 2017, 11:50:06 AM »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427
why not both ;), they both play different positions, and I'm calling it now, 5 years down the road, Fultz and Brown will be a force to reckon with!

« Reply #19 on: May 21, 2017, 11:51:43 AM »

Offline PAOBoston

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 533
I'll say Fultz. He's way more offensively polished that Brown is. But, Jaylen could develop into a star scorer as well.

« Reply #20 on: May 21, 2017, 11:53:16 AM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
Now yall know I am not going to miss this opportunity to say,

Fultz is better!!!!

« Reply #21 on: May 21, 2017, 11:54:47 AM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
Fultz is more talented but I'm siding with Brown because I don't like lazy players

I mean he has a great work ethic but he has James Harden tendencies in terms of taking plays off and not playing with great intensity/effort during game, and I have hated harden over the years for that, but I'm still gonna love Fultz if we draft him

Folks do not understand that Fultz was cruising because he knew that Washington team wasnt going anywhere. Why would he risk the potential for a #1 pick to injury.

« Reply #22 on: May 21, 2017, 11:57:25 AM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833
Fultz will post better stats. Each will have comparable value to the team in their own way.

« Reply #23 on: May 21, 2017, 12:19:03 PM »

Offline Bostoncelticsforlife7

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 18

Folks do not understand that Fultz was cruising because he knew that Washington team wasnt going anywhere. Why would he risk the potential for a #1 pick to injury.
See I don't like that, he has the talent to bring his team the farthest they could've gone in school history but he didn't really care about that he just wanted to boost his stock. That's shows a lack of competitiveness...
Warning: I am a Marucs Smart homer

« Reply #24 on: May 21, 2017, 12:23:44 PM »

Offline PaulP34

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 39
Guys i like Fultz but im getting a strange feeling Danny is gonna trade the #1 to Philly n jump to #3 n grab Tatum n gain an extra pick next year.

« Reply #25 on: May 21, 2017, 12:39:47 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman

See I don't like that, he has the talent to bring his team the farthest they could've gone in school history but he didn't really care about that he just wanted to boost his stock. That's shows a lack of competitiveness...

No it shows common sense.

« Reply #26 on: May 21, 2017, 12:43:57 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Guys i like Fultz but im getting a strange feeling Danny is gonna trade the #1 to Philly n jump to #3 n grab Tatum n gain an extra pick next year.

there is a possibility

IF hayward tells the world he is planning to return to Utah...

IT4 is in celtics long term plans

Danny thinks Tatum and Fultz are close

plus he likes a Donovan Mitchell later in the draft (another freak 6'3, 6'10 wingspan)

« Reply #27 on: May 21, 2017, 12:59:56 PM »

Offline ETNCeltics

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 307
No comparison between Fultz and Tatum. Fultz is the best guard prospect in several years. Tatum is a nice prospect, but he's the sort of guy who is there almost every year.

Ainge would be nuts to make a trade like that.

« Reply #28 on: May 21, 2017, 01:06:40 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700
No comparison between Fultz and Tatum. Fultz is the best guard prospect in several years. Tatum is a nice prospect, but he's the sort of guy who is there almost every year.

Ainge would be nuts to make a trade like that.

Plus, Fultz is like the epitome of the type of player Ainge has been after for years. He almost traded Pierce for Chris Paul, and has been drafting combo guards non-stop. Fultz has all the physical tools and the skill set Ainge has been after since he took over. It should be his dream come true to draft Fultz.

« Reply #29 on: May 21, 2017, 01:20:08 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
Fultz projects as an absolute stud - along the lines of Harden. I'm incredibly high on Jaylen, but I only see him maxing out as a secondary player on an elite team, yet still crucial to our future.
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)