Author Topic: Unconfirmed report: Ibaka set to resign with TOR  (Read 1597 times)

Unconfirmed report: Ibaka set to resign with TOR
« on: May 20, 2017, 11:00:01 AM »

Offline perks-a-beast

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 227
https://www.google.com/amp/s/raptorsrapture.com/2017/05/20/report-raptors-serge-ibaka-agree-contract-extension/amp/

On one hand I am disappointed. I still think Ibaka could do wonders for the Celtics given his defensive prowess and shooting range. On the other hand, I wouldn't want him for $20 mill, even in this inflated market.

If this is true then the free agent PF/C pool has begun to dry up faster than we anticipated. I fear we will be dissapointing with the signing of the likes of a Taj Gibson, Patrick Patterson, Ersan Ilyasova, JaMychal Green, James Johnson, or dare I say...Jared Sullinger  :-X

Don't hold your breath for Blake Griffin..

Re: Unconfirmed report: Ibaka set to resign with TOR
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2017, 11:01:52 AM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2704
Meh...I had no interest in the Celtics spending cap space on Ibaka.

« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2017, 11:15:44 AM »

Offline NHCelticsFan

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 179
Trade for Larry Nance Jr, who the Celtics reportedly wanted in the draft (he was taken one pick before we took RJ).

Nance averaged 10/10 as a starter and is second fiddle to Randle.  He would add rebounding and athleticism to the lineup and looks like a guy who could develop into a very solid player.

He's still on a rookie deal, so someone like Rozier would be a straight swap, balance our roster a little bit.

« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2017, 11:21:05 AM »

Offline perks-a-beast

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 227
Trade for Larry Nance Jr, who the Celtics reportedly wanted in the draft (he was taken one pick before we took RJ).

Nance averaged 10/10 as a starter and is second fiddle to Randle.  He would add rebounding and athleticism to the lineup and looks like a guy who could develop into a very solid player.

He's still on a rookie deal, so someone like Rozier would be a straight swap, balance our roster a little bit.

I wouldn't oppose such a trade. Rozier would actually be great playing off the ball next to Ball in LA, who I'm assuming LA picks. How is Nances shooting?

« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2017, 11:26:37 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25628
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
I didn't want Ibaka, but I'd be surprised if he signed for "only" $20 million without exploring free agency.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2017, 04:13:25 PM »

Offline NHCelticsFan

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 179

I wouldn't oppose such a trade. Rozier would actually be great playing off the ball next to Ball in LA, who I'm assuming LA picks. How is Nances shooting?

He shot 28% from deep this year, and is going to have a competition with Zubac throughout the summer.
https://twitter.com/Mike_Bresnahan/status/865278133880082432

« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2017, 04:37:14 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Team looked better with biyombo

« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2017, 04:05:35 PM »

Offline the_gunner

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 3
I think it will be really interesting to watch Toronto this offseason. They will be looking to add a quality guard, as Kyle Lowry will be offered a max. deal somewhere else.

Toronto is a "win now" team especially if they sign Ibaka, and I think we can use that to our advantage.

Maybe we can use Toronto in a 3 way deal in which they get Thomas or Bradley, and we get some quality young big man to play alongside Horford.

« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2017, 04:21:52 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
This isn't hot news, really. Ibaka has been gushing about Toronto for a while now. He wasn't going anywhere.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."