Author Topic: IT is hurt and may be out game 3?  (Read 7864 times)

Re: IT is hurt and may be out game 3?
« Reply #60 on: May 20, 2017, 04:37:24 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
We had to move IT to sg and let Turner run the point last year because IT couldn't handle the trap when Atlanta pressured him.   He wasn't hurt then.  He couldn't do anything against the Cavs the year before.  So he got injured in game 6 vs Washington, but absent his big 53 point game he looked like the same guy who despite his big heart is just too short to be able to compete effectively and consistently at a playoff level.   I think he had a 50 point game last year but then the trap came and he was done, just like this year.  His injury doesn't change the fact that in 10 of the 11 playoff games before he was injured IT looked like a fake all star.

Like his 33/12 in Game 7, despite going to the hospital for his hip after Game 6?

Check his game log; you're making stuff up.
This.

Over the 13 games of the first 2 rounds, IT avergaed 25.4 points and 6.5 assists with 44/34/83% shooting percentages, which are expected to drop in the playoffs. Calling IT a fake all star in these playoffs is indeed making stuff up.
Also saying he has proven he can't score and has proven he isn't a max player and is better suited as a sixth man is rubbish too. The man lost his sister the day of game 1 Chicago and played great. He traveled all over the place attending to family business for over a week and played great. On the birthday of his dead sister who had just passed and after having 10 hours of dental surgery he put up 53 points. The man has an injured hip, has played poorly while playing through it and suddenly he is a coward, a non-max player, a sixth man...what rubbish.

« Reply #61 on: May 20, 2017, 04:55:03 PM »

Offline Sketch5

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280
If he goes out there and plays hard but struggles, that's fine.

It's the apparent giving up that I can't stomach.

Kawhi Leonard has a legitimate injury that was quite serious. This hip thing sounds like an excuse to me.

If they do an MRI and he's got a torn bursa or something, then that's a different story.

So you're saying he's given up and a coward after the last few years of his hard play hitting the deck time after time before anything has come out about his injury?

Just because YOU didn't see the injury doesn't mean there isn't one. It could be from hitting the floor over and over again. He hasn't looked good since the beginning of the Wash series. No lift, no speed, doesn't go after rebound. He's hurt.

You don't make the NBA, the All Star team, or be in talks of MVP after being drafted 60th if you give up when it's hard or a coward.

« Reply #62 on: May 20, 2017, 04:56:12 PM »

Offline OldSchoolDude

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 79
We had to move IT to sg and let Turner run the point last year because IT couldn't handle the trap when Atlanta pressured him.   He wasn't hurt then.  He couldn't do anything against the Cavs the year before.  So he got injured in game 6 vs Washington, but absent his big 53 point game he looked like the same guy who despite his big heart is just too short to be able to compete effectively and consistently at a playoff level.   I think he had a 50 point game last year but then the trap came and he was done, just like this year.  His injury doesn't change the fact that in 10 of the 11 playoff games before he was injured IT looked like a fake all star.

Like his 33/12 in Game 7, despite going to the hospital for his hip after Game 6?

This.

Over the 13 games of the first 2 rounds, IT avergaed 25.4 points and 6.5 assists with 44/34/83% shooting percentages, which are expected to drop in the playoffs. Calling IT a fake all star in these playoffs is indeed making stuff up.

I watched game 7, and it was 29 and 12, if that even matters.

Most of his assists were to a wide-open KO and weren’t anything to be impressed by.  On one pas to Kelly next to the basked Its drive was cut off and he pretty much rolled the ball to KO.  One assist to Horford looked like h lost control of the ball gong up for a shot but Horford was right next to him and grabbed it.   A few of his assist came like they normally do when he goes up for a shot but can’t make it over the taller defender so he changes to a pass in mid shot.  Those are junk assists.  When IT drives everyone else stands still so when he gets stuck he can pass it because he his too short to see where anyone is.  After the game I was talking to a friend about why KO kept being so open.  We decided it was because Washington didn’t believe IT would pass the ball since he is typically a ball hog.  But I guess since he was injured he deiced to pass to the wide-open man.    You can cite his assist numbers from all year but I have league pass and watched every game, when he gets an assist most of the time, not all but most, it is a desperation pass because he was too short to get his shot off. 

He is not a true all star he’s a fake all star.  He puts up the numbers yes, but it’s the way he does it that I criticize.  I cheer when he scores and I admit he is a good scorer, but so was Antoine Walker and I cringed when he would shoot too.  They both made half the junk they threw up but it was their bad choices that over the course of a game cost us.  Sure they both won us a lot of game but their play blew games we could have won too.   Doc would call a lot of what IT does as hero ball.  Remember how he was constantly preaching no hero ball? 

IT takes bad shots, long 3s early in the shot clock or contested 2/3s at the end of the shot clock.   He takes hard off balance shots when he should pass to teammates in better position.  He does a poor job of managing the ball and its why a lot of the time Smart runs the point and IT goes off ball when they’re on the court together.   When IT’s shot is falling his stat line looks nice, even great, but when its not he really hurts the team.  The only way IT impacts the game is by scoring and they way he scores isn’t as efficient as it looks on paper.   

He scores a lot form the line yes, but the way he does it again is not like other all starts players.  He doesn’t make a smooth move to the basket and draw the foul, he puts his head down drives to the basket and when he feels contact he throws up some junk, the reff calls foul, and IT is at the line.   Some how half the junk he throws up around the rim goes in and the crowd is amazed, the announcers sing his praises and his ego grows, so he hogs the ball even more.  Half his offensive gam is gone when the reffs swallow the whistle, that’s when he scores under 20.

I’m sure you disagree with everything I said so we can agree to disagree, but if IT is be gone from this team on or before July 2, 2018 it will be because he is a fake all star and I was right but if he’s still on the team then your right.  We’ll know for sure soon enough.

« Reply #63 on: May 20, 2017, 05:05:27 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871

This.

Most of his assists were to a wide-open KO and weren’t anything to be impressed by.  On one pas to Kelly next to the basked Its drive was cut off and he pretty much rolled the ball to KO.  One assist to Horford looked like h lost control of the ball gong up for a shot but Horford was right next to him and grabbed it.   A few of his assist came like they normally do when he goes up for a shot but can’t make it over the taller defender so he changes to a pass in mid shot.  Those are junk assists.  When IT drives everyone else stands still so when he gets stuck he can pass it because he his too short to see where anyone is.  After the game I was talking to a friend about why KO kept being so open.  We decided it was because Washington didn’t believe IT would pass the ball since he is typically a ball hog.  But I guess since he was injured he deiced to pass to the wide-open man.    You can cite his assist numbers from all year but I have league pass and watched every game, when he gets an assist most of the time, not all but most, it is a desperation pass because he was too short to get his shot off. 

He is not a true all star he’s a fake all star.  He puts up the numbers yes, but it’s the way he does it that I criticize.  I cheer when he scores and I admit he is a good scorer, but so was Antoine Walker and I cringed when he would shoot too.  They both made half the junk they threw up but it was their bad choices that over the course of a game cost us.  Sure they both won us a lot of game but their play blew games we could have won too.   Doc would call a lot of what IT does as hero ball.  Remember how he was constantly preaching no hero ball? 

IT takes bad shots, long 3s early in the shot clock or contested 2/3s at the end of the shot clock.   He takes hard off balance shots when he should pass to teammates in better position.  He does a poor job of managing the ball and its why a lot of the time Smart runs the point and IT goes off ball when they’re on the court together.   When IT’s shot is falling his stat line looks nice, even great, but when its not he really hurts the team.  The only way IT impacts the game is by scoring and they way he scores isn’t as efficient as it looks on paper.   

He scores a lot form the line yes, but the way he does it again is not like other all starts players.  He doesn’t make a smooth move to the basket and draw the foul, he puts his head down drives to the basket and when he feels contact he throws up some junk, the reff calls foul, and IT is at the line.   Some how half the junk he throws up around the rim goes in and the crowd is amazed, the announcers sing his praises and his ego grows, so he hogs the ball even more.  Half his offensive gam is gone when the reffs swallow the whistle, that’s when he scores under 20.

I’m sure you disagree with everything I said so we can agree to disagree, but if IT is be gone from this team on or before July 2, 2018 it will be because he is a fake all star and I was right but if he’s still on the team then your right.  We’ll know for sure soon enough.

Say what???

« Reply #64 on: May 20, 2017, 05:07:08 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3175

This.

I disagree with it all too...

« Reply #65 on: May 20, 2017, 05:07:32 PM »

Offline jbpats

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 406
This is absolutely disgusting, and yes I am gonna name names. jbpats and PhoSita, you are among the worst possible fans in the whole world. After everything IT had to go through not just this playoffs but his whole career, you label him "quitter or soft?! You have ignored opposing evidence in order to continuously malign Celtics players and management.

You better get your head checked out if you think losing by 40 in the conference finals is harder to bear than the death of your sister. Seriously.

Give me a break dude, it's tragic how his sister died, but everyone in this world has to go back to work shortly after losing a loved one. If you're going to go back and blame the death of IT's sister after every loss now you need to check your head. Call me insensitive, call me what you want, but the man makes millions to play a game 40 minutes a night for less than half the year. His playing was heroic after the tragedy happened, but can he do no wrong now because of it? Are fans going to be ridiculed because they question what they see on the court every game going forward? Time has past and he is more than  likely still grieving, as he should be,  but after month any of our employers would be expecting us to resume work as we had been.
And yes I do find it curious that he was unable to come out after such a blowout last night when there was no apparent or obvious injury that happened during the game. As a paying customer I do have the right to question the product I'm paying for.
Lastly give me a break with "His whole career" nonsense. Please God if I could have one day of having to deal with what IT had to deal with "his whole career" Making 7 million a year to play basketball, soon to be 30 million. There are people who work two jobs and hardly make ends meat to feed their family, who worry about keeping the lights on, those are people that have to deal with crap their whole career, not professional athletes who make millions to play a sport. So please check your head sir. Seriously.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2017, 05:17:25 PM by jbpats »

« Reply #66 on: May 20, 2017, 05:13:11 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
This is absolutely disgusting, and yes I am gonna name names. jbpats and PhoSita, you are among the worst possible fans in the whole world. After everything IT had to go through not just this playoffs but his whole career, you label him "quitter or soft?! You have ignored opposing evidence in order to continuously malign Celtics players and management.

You better get your head checked out if you think losing by 40 in the conference finals is harder to bear than the death of your sister. Seriously.

Give me a break dude, it's tragic how his sister died, but everyone in this world has to go back to work shortly after losing a loved one. If your  going to go back and blame the death of IT's sister after every loss now you need to check your head. Call me insensitive, call me what you want, but the man makes millions to play a game 40 minutes a night for less than half the year. His playing was heroic after the tragedy happened, but can he do no wrong now because of it? Are fans going to be ridiculed because they question what they see on the court every game going forward? Time has past and he is more than  likely still grieving, as he should be,  but after month any of our employers would be expecting us to resume work as we had been.
And yes I do find it curious that he was unable to come out after such a blowout last night when there was no apparent or obvious injury that happened during the game. As a paying customer I do have the right to question the product I'm paying for.
Lastly give me a break with "His whole career" nonsense. Please God if I could have one day of having to deal with what IT had to deal with "his whole career" Making 7 million a year to play basketball, soon to be 30 million. There are people who work two jobs and hardly make ends meat to feed their family, who worry about keeping the lights on, those are people that have to deal with crap their whole career, not professional athletes who make millions to play a sport. So please check your head sir.

achoo gesundheit...

« Reply #67 on: May 20, 2017, 05:14:46 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
It's disappointing how obvious it is that IT has simply checked out.

IT is injured and has been since game 6 against The Wiz.

Everybody is banged up at this point.
Pho, I await the proof of your assertion. Until then, it appears to be little more than conjecture that flows from pre-existing preferences. You really are much better than this.

Of course its conjecture. We haven't been told any details about this injury that didn't prevent him playing until the team was down a million in game two.

Let me put it this way, if the series were tied one one and the Celts hadn't just been utterly destroyed on their home floor, I have no doubt Isaiah would be taking the floor for game three.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #68 on: May 20, 2017, 05:18:00 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club

This.

I disagree with it all too...
Add me to the list.

Fake assist?

Same as Antoine?

Fake All-Star?

Ball hog?

Yeah, I disagree completely!!!

« Reply #69 on: May 20, 2017, 05:20:21 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith

Pho, I await the proof of your assertion. Until then, it appears to be little more than conjecture that flows from pre-existing preferences. You really are much better than this.

Of course its conjecture. We haven't been told any details about this injury that didn't prevent him playing until the team was down a million in game two.

Let me put it this way, if the series were tied one one and the Celts hadn't just been utterly destroyed on their home floor, I have no doubt Isaiah would be taking the floor for game three.

Oh, you work for the Celtics? Dr Ed Lacerte is that you?

« Reply #70 on: May 20, 2017, 05:20:43 PM »

Offline C3LTSF4N

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 41

This.

Just awkwardly bad...unbelievable.  So when Isaiah creates wide open shots and finds guys and they're all missing uncontested shots repeatedly he's at fault and he becomes a "fake" all-star.  Alright.

« Reply #71 on: May 20, 2017, 05:27:13 PM »

Offline Sketch5

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280

Give me a break dude, it's tragic how his sister died, but everyone in this world has to go back to work shortly after losing a loved one. If you're going to go back and blame the death of IT's sister after every loss now you need to check your head. Call me insensitive, call me what you want, but the man makes millions to play a game 40 minutes a night for less than half the year. His playing was heroic after the tragedy happened, but can he do no wrong now because of it? Are fans going to be ridiculed because they question what they see on the court every game going forward? Time has past and he is more than  likely still grieving, as he should be,  but after month any of our employers would be expecting us to resume work as we had been.
Lastly give me a break with "His whole career" nonsense. Please God if I could have one day of having to deal with what IT had to deal with "his whole career" Making 7 million a year to play basketball, soon to be 30 million. There are people who work two jobs and hardly make ends meat to feed their family, who worry about keeping the lights on, those are people that have to deal with crap their whole career, not professional athletes who make millions to play a sport. So please check your head sir. Seriously.

You do realize that injuries can happen over time right? I have a bad back. Never had a serious injury to it. But I'm in pain every day from standing for the last 20 years hunched over. It's taken a toll on it.

Same thing can happen with a hip. He's on the ground a lot after layups. It's like trying to split a rock in half. Some times you crack it in one shot. Other times it take 20 before you crack it, and the last hit could be lighter than the first.

He hasn't looked good for a couple weeks now. I'm always amazing how quick he is off the double teams, and how high he gets on his layups with out effort. But the last few games, hes been slow and no lift.

And even if it's not a serious injury, why force him to play and make it one if there is no shot in Hell we can win. Thats just dumb. Look at Doc. How he walks. Thats from playing with injuries when he shouldn't have. And I bet he wishes he took a couple days off to rest some of those injuries., because in an other 10 years it's going to get worse.

If we had a shot and he could play at 75% of what he normally does, I'm sure he'd be out there, and the training staff would let him play. But they're the ones that pulled him. IF they didn't Stevens would have said "IT said he couldn't go". But he said the training staff pulled him, and thats after he's been to the hospital once. And he's getting testing again today. And if it's a matter of he could play, but he may injure it further. I say sit. Not worth it, not for an early exit.

« Reply #72 on: May 20, 2017, 05:27:36 PM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 742

I still don't see what you're basing that on.
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

« Reply #73 on: May 20, 2017, 05:30:49 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182

Context.

If there's a report out there that he has a torn hip tendon or something like that, please direct me to it and I'll recant immediately.

From the sound of it he's had a nagging hip issue since the last series and it didn't prevent him from playing until the Celts were getting utterly embarrassed on national TV on their home court.

Which in and of itself isn't that bad, teams hold out their stars in blowouts all the time.

But if he misses game three, effectively ending the series, to me that sounds like he, or the team as a whole, is waving the white flag.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #74 on: May 20, 2017, 05:31:44 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith

It seems to be based on some kind of expert medical opinion...