Author Topic: IT is hurt and may be out game 3?  (Read 7874 times)

Re: IT is hurt and may be out game 3?
« Reply #30 on: May 20, 2017, 11:29:14 AM »

Offline cousytoheinsohn

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 33
People are calling the guy who played after his sister's death and funeral a quitter? The guy who dropped 53 points after losing teeth and several hours of dental surgery is now soft? The guy who has been in the top-8 in FTAs the past two seasons is scared of contact? The guy who worked his ass off to become All-NBA despite being 5'9" doesn't care about competing?

Some of you guys are out of your minds.

I finally understand why some free agents will never come to Boston. Magnifying glass with a heavy slant of negativity no matter what. Yes, Hayward, please come to Boston so one day when you have an injury and you try to play through it, we can stomp on your character and bring you to the peasant level. Sounds like paradise to me.

Yeah, I don't quite get the vitriol. I expect it from the meathead crowd, but not so much from the more rational fans.  I've got to think that the majority of fans who regularly watch the team still appreciate IT. It's the vocal few who are ripping him.

Great term, Roy, the meathead crowd. :police:

The last two games have given us all a reality-inducing glimpse of what it would have been like without Isaiah this year: not nearly as pretty a picture.

He's a great player, without qualification, and the type of person you're lucky to have as a teammate. I hope he's around for a long time playing great ball for the Cs.

« Reply #31 on: May 20, 2017, 11:33:53 AM »

Offline Sketch5

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280
It's disappointing how obvious it is that IT has simply checked out.

IT is injured and has been since game 6 against The Wiz.

Everybody is banged up at this point.

That is utter CRAP PhoSita!!!!  IT went from jumping OVER 7 footers on lay-in layups to barely being able to get 5 inches off the ground.  He IS hurt and hurt badly.  I has been holding that ice pack on his hip for weeks now, and he unfortunately serious aggravated the already existing injury.

Smitty77

Im sorry, I just dont buy it.

He just so happens to succumb to this injury after they get utterly blown away for the second game in a row?

Coward.

Have you not been watching the playoffs. In the Wash series he started to slow down. He's be fine in spurts, but his lift and quickness was gone. Stevens said he took an other bad fall that really aggravated it in game 6, played threw game 7, but it got worse tues and Wed. Stevens said the training staff pulled him and he wasn't happy about it. BS doesn't BS.

It's why he hasn't driven to the hoop, he has no quickness or lift. I've bruised my hip and it was hard to move, he must have something really going on if the training staff pulled him.

They are looking at it today. If there is some issues with it that could be worsen if he plays, He should sit We aren't beating the Cavs, no point on hurting his health long term for it. And if he can't move, play some kind of defense, he's more of a liability on the floor than off.

The guy played threw his sisters death and traveling during the Bulls series and they went down 0-2, did he give up then? No. Some times you can't will your body threw an injury.

And I don't want to get blocked replying to that "coward" comment how I'd want to, but that was uncalled for.

« Reply #32 on: May 20, 2017, 11:37:53 AM »

Online Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1557
all those typing how this was an embarrassing loss ....imagine playing against the best team in the world without your only super scorer at full strength.

I mean, we basically have the last two games. IT has been a no-show both games,

ugh......brutal ...two games of watching Lebron pick our players up and slam them down on the floor .

Humiliation.

The next two will be rated X .....no children .... masssive violence as the Celtics are butchered like lambs

SILENCE OF THE LAMBS!!!!!!!!!!
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #33 on: May 20, 2017, 11:52:51 AM »

Offline Dino Pitino

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 219
The Hawks last year and the Cavs two years ago also shut down Isaiah, made him look almost as bad as he's looked since these playoffs began with a handful of big game exceptions. Isaiah just got gutpunched by fate a little more this time.
"Young man, you have the question backwards." - Bill Russell

"My guess is that an aggregator of expert opinions would be close in terms of results to that of Danny." - Roy H.

« Reply #34 on: May 20, 2017, 12:01:05 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
People are calling the guy who played after his sister's death and funeral a quitter? The guy who dropped 53 points after losing teeth and several hours of dental surgery is now soft? The guy who has been in the top-8 in FTAs the past two seasons is scared of contact? The guy who worked his ass off to become All-NBA despite being 5'9" doesn't care about competing?

He showed incredible heart playing the way he did following his sister's death.

That doesn't change the fact that going out with a "hip injury" halfway into one of the worst losses in franchise history and then possibly checking out for game 3?

Very disappointing for the guy who's supposed to be the leader of this team.

I expect more from him because of the things you mentioned.

Frankly I'm kind of flabbergasted by the way the team has come out these first two games.  I know they were underdogs from the start.  I know they needed to play their best game just have a shot at winning one, even at home.

But they didn't even seem to want to attempt to do that.  And then to hear that IT left the game early and might just sit out game 3, effectively waving the white flag on the season?

That's really disappointing.  No way to sugarcoat it.

If I didn't like and care about this team, I'd be pointing and laughing with the rest of Twitter, amused at how thoroughly this would-be challenger to the Cavs is getting beat-down, just like every other team that has tried to challenge LeBron during the last six or seven years.  I'd be taking this opportunity to fawn over LeBron and marvel at how historically incredible he is.

But I actually really like the Celtics, and I'm disappointed that they're probably not going to give us a single quarter of watchable basketball in the Eastern Conference Finals. 

Like, I'm pleasantly surprised they even got here.  But since they got here, I expected we'd get to see at least some stretches that were worth feeling good about.

Apparently I was wrong.  Apparently these guys feel like their season ended after they won Game 7 against Washington.  Wish they woulda let the rest of us know.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2017, 12:09:14 PM by PhoSita »
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #35 on: May 20, 2017, 12:01:41 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 2954
  • On To Banner 18!
Seeing some of these posts questioning IT's hustle, strength and motivation level....  ::)

I agree with Roy, we'll beg for a FA to come over and then rage on him after a few bad games or missing a few to injury.

Horford has been trashed by this fan base like most of the regular season and after a few games in this postseason.

Hell, our MVP candidate (2nd All-NBA Team), and max-Horford are on the trade blocks around here...  :P
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #36 on: May 20, 2017, 12:04:51 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
Horford makes it hard for me to make up my mind about him.

He plays really great against Chicago after the first two games, and is great for most of the Washington series.  Really makes an impact with shooting and passing.

But he simply gets clowned by true "dirty work" bigs like Tristan Thompson and, to an extent, Kevin Love.

For a legitimate All-Star talent, he's extremely matchup dependent.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #37 on: May 20, 2017, 01:01:58 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25627
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

He showed incredible heart playing the way he did following his sister's death.

That doesn't change the fact that going out with a "hip injury" halfway into one of the worst losses in franchise history and then possibly checking out for game 3?

Very disappointing for the guy who's supposed to be the leader of this team.

I expect more from him because of the things you mentioned.

Frankly I'm kind of flabbergasted by the way the team has come out these first two games.  I know they were underdogs from the start.  I know they needed to play their best game just have a shot at winning one, even at home.

But they didn't even seem to want to attempt to do that.  And then to hear that IT left the game early and might just sit out game 3, effectively waving the white flag on the season?

That's really disappointing.  No way to sugarcoat it.

If I didn't like and care about this team, I'd be pointing and laughing with the rest of Twitter, amused at how thoroughly this would-be challenger to the Cavs is getting beat-down, just like every other team that has tried to challenge LeBron during the last six or seven years.  I'd be taking this opportunity to fawn over LeBron and marvel at how historically incredible he is.

But I actually really like the Celtics, and I'm disappointed that they're probably not going to give us a single quarter of watchable basketball in the Eastern Conference Finals. 

Like, I'm pleasantly surprised they even got here.  But since they got here, I expected we'd get to see at least some stretches that were worth feeling good about.

Apparently I was wrong.  Apparently these guys feel like their season ended after they won Game 7 against Washington.  Wish they woulda let the rest of us know.

Even if we were to assume that IT's injury is minor, is there any sense in playing him after we're down by 40 points? I don't see that as quitting, I see it as conserving resources. This game was in garbage time midway through the 2nd.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #38 on: May 20, 2017, 01:14:32 PM »

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 269

That is utter CRAP PhoSita!!!!  IT went from jumping OVER 7 footers on lay-in layups to barely being able to get 5 inches off the ground.  He IS hurt and hurt badly.  I has been holding that ice pack on his hip for weeks now, and he unfortunately serious aggravated the already existing injury.

Smitty77

He just so happens to succumb to this injury after they get utterly blown away for the second game in a row?

Coward.

I would LOVE for YOU to call IT a "coward" to HIS FACE PhoSita!!!!  I DARE you to do so!! 

When was the first time IT had that ice pack on his hip during a game.  I am pretty SURE that it was at the end of the regular season, but I could be wrong.

Smitty77

« Reply #39 on: May 20, 2017, 01:19:49 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish

Even if we were to assume that IT's injury is minor, is there any sense in playing him after we're down by 40 points? I don't see that as quitting, I see it as conserving resources. This game was in garbage time midway through the 2nd.

I think the quitting happened around the start of the game, given how it went.

I don't have that much of a problem with deciding to go out of the game to conserve energy, but if he then sits out Game 3 with this "injury," it looks to me like he's just given up on the team and the season, which I find very troubling and disappointing.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #40 on: May 20, 2017, 01:22:08 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
Quote from: Chris Mannix
Internally, there were doubts Thomas could play in Game 7. He gutted it out, and again in Game 1. Injury, though, considered significant.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #41 on: May 20, 2017, 01:24:10 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith

I think the quitting happened around the start of the game, given how it went.

I don't have that much of a problem with deciding to go out of the game to conserve energy, but if he then sits out Game 3 with this "injury," it looks to me like he's just given up on the team and the season, which I find very troubling and disappointing.

If, as is being reported, IT has a "significant" injury that he played through since Game 6, does that change your opinion?

« Reply #42 on: May 20, 2017, 01:36:24 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club

Smitty77

Coward.
Kawhi Leonard must be a coward in your book too. These All NBA guys. How dare they not play through severe injuries. What absolute cowards ::) ::) ::)

« Reply #43 on: May 20, 2017, 01:41:32 PM »

Offline cousytoheinsohn

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 33
The Hawks last year and the Cavs two years ago also shut down Isaiah, made him look almost as bad as he's looked since these playoffs began with a handful of big game exceptions. Isaiah just got gutpunched by fate a little more this time.

As far as this the playoffs this year are concerned, we are learning now that Isaiah has been playing injured to varying degrees since near the start of the Wiz series and possibly earlier.

And generally speaking, you could say the same about LeBron before he was able to surround himself with better players. Isaiah's only problem is that he, like anybody, needs better players around to help carry the load against a team like the Cavs.

I feel a little bad saying it because I love this group and the pleasure they've provided us. Help, we can be certain is on the way.

And, as ludicrous as it sounds after last night, the season still isn't over.

« Reply #44 on: May 20, 2017, 01:43:27 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
Horford makes it hard for me to make up my mind about him.

He plays really great against Chicago after the first two games, and is great for most of the Washington series.  Really makes an impact with shooting and passing.

But he simply gets clowned by true "dirty work" bigs like Tristan Thompson and, to an extent, Kevin Love.

For a legitimate All-Star talent, he's extremely matchup dependent.

Here's a thought.  Swap either TT or Love with Horford and do you think the Celtics are better or worse?

I'm not sure Horford would make Cleveland better, in fact I think it might make them slightly worse if it was TT he replaced, but I can assure you Boston would be worse off with either player in place of Horford.

Playing with LeBron makes anyone look better than they really are.  TT and Love both have much easier jobs than Horford.