Author Topic: IT is hurt and may be out game 3?  (Read 7858 times)

Re: IT is hurt and may be out game 3?
« Reply #15 on: May 20, 2017, 07:29:10 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
all those typing how this was an embarrassing loss ....imagine playing against the best team in the world without your only super scorer at full strength.

I mean, we basically have the last two games. IT has been a no-show both games,

ugh......brutal ...two games of watching Lebron pick our players up and slam them down on the floor .

Humiliation.

The next two will be rated X .....no children .... masssive violence as the Celtics are butchered like lambs

« Reply #16 on: May 20, 2017, 08:32:53 AM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1474
I think we need to see what Smart can do at the PG.  Start Brown at the four.   We are not winning the series, we might as well see what we got.

I am all for this.  Let Smart and Brown both play 35-40 minutes.  I feel bad for IT's injury, he hasn't looked right for a while.  But last night wasn't just his injury, it was fundamentally mentally just bending over.  Give the young guys the keys in game 3, it is all we got.

« Reply #17 on: May 20, 2017, 09:39:35 AM »

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 269
It's disappointing how obvious it is that IT has simply checked out.

IT is injured and has been since game 6 against The Wiz.

Everybody is banged up at this point.

That is utter CRAP PhoSita!!!!  IT went from jumping OVER 7 footers on lay-in layups to barely being able to get 5 inches off the ground.  He IS hurt and hurt badly.  I has been holding that ice pack on his hip for weeks now, and he unfortunately serious aggravated the already existing injury.

Smitty77

« Reply #18 on: May 20, 2017, 09:41:23 AM »

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
At this point, I wouldn't be against having rozier, brown and/or Zeller start to see if they can find a groove that the others cant

Zeller?????:-)))))))))))))))))))  Zeller is the guy that will definitely NOT be in green next year and might be in Europe, IF he wants to make money playing professional basketball.  He is TERRIBLE!!!

Smitty77

Smitty77

« Reply #19 on: May 20, 2017, 09:55:37 AM »

Offline OldSchoolDude

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 79
I think we need to see what Smart can do at the PG.  Start Brown at the four.   We are not winning the series, we might as well see what we got.

Smart at the point yes, but Brown needs to play the 2/3.  We need to play players in their natural positions.  Playing 2 and 4 guard line ups is why we are getting killed in mismatches.  it works against teams that don't have talent at every position but not against a team like the caves that are loses with talent and size everywhere.  Sure brown and Crowder can cover the 4 on a switch but they should not be matched up at the 4.

« Reply #20 on: May 20, 2017, 09:58:06 AM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182

That is utter CRAP PhoSita!!!!  IT went from jumping OVER 7 footers on lay-in layups to barely being able to get 5 inches off the ground.  He IS hurt and hurt badly.  I has been holding that ice pack on his hip for weeks now, and he unfortunately serious aggravated the already existing injury.

Smitty77

Im sorry, I just dont buy it.

He just so happens to succumb to this injury after they get utterly blown away for the second game in a row?

Coward.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #21 on: May 20, 2017, 09:59:58 AM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
Feel bad for Al Horford. He's never gotten a win against LeBron/Cleveland in the playoffs after all these years. Ever.

Celtics need to play with intensity and hope to steal one on the road.

He just can't compete against Thompson and Love. He gets punked every time.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #22 on: May 20, 2017, 10:06:54 AM »

Offline jbpats

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 406

Smitty77

He just so happens to succumb to this injury after they get utterly blown away for the second game in a row?

Coward.

TP Pho, I agree with you. Everyone is banged up, Bradley had a career night with hip pointers. IT wants to be remembered from his regular season success, not by yet another vanishing in the playoffs.  He should be out there.

« Reply #23 on: May 20, 2017, 10:10:45 AM »

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen

Smitty77

Coward.

TP Pho, I agree with you. Everyone is banged up, Bradley had a career night with hip pointers. IT wants to be remembered from his regular season success, not by yet another vanishing in the playoffs.  He should be out there.

Both of you, give me strength!!!

Smitty77

« Reply #24 on: May 20, 2017, 10:38:04 AM »

Online BringToughnessBack

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 941
Wow, it doesnt take long for people to jump on IT. No wonder Durant chose Golden State over us with fans like this.

Yeah right, IT is such a quitter...like how he quit on us after his sister passed away. Or when we were down 2-0 vs the Bulls and when we looked overmatched vs the Wizards. You could clearly see something physical was going on towards end of Wiz series with his lift. No, its not normal wear and tear. How on earth is a 5'7 PG supposed to have any type of game when his hip is injured.

IT is many things but a quitter he is not. Oh and by the way, many old time Celtics teams also lost by a ton in dominating fashion maybe not the degree of last night, but there star player was not hobbled as well not too mention having a better supporting case. Anyone remember when the Lakers destroyed our beloved Bird team in 84-85 finals 136-111? That game was on biggest stage of all. Oh, even our beloved Lakers have lost some really bad games before in the playoffs. Remember when Lakers got blown out in 2007-08 vs us? 131-92 to end the series. It happens....yes, not to this degree but factor in an injury and it will happen. Injured Bird after the Celtics last title meant no more chance at winning anymore titles.

There was no chance we were going to beat the Cavs this year...zero...not when their team is injury free at the top.

I see someone trying to fight through a severe injury that hampers your lift and speed. How does one play at the highest level with a hip injury when you your speed is what you rely on?Call IT many things, quitter is definitely not something he is. If you question his heart and character after this playoff run, you are truly living in a fantasy realm.

I finally understand why some free agents will never come to Boston. Magnifying glass with a heavy slant of negativity no matter what. Yes, Hayward, please come to Boston so one day when you have an injury and you try to play through it, we can stomp on your character and bring you to the peasant level. Sounds like paradise to me.

Now, I am off to Cleveland and going to airport to watch our beloved team on Sunday. Win or lose and yes, lose is the most likely scenario, I am proud and excited to see them.

« Reply #25 on: May 20, 2017, 10:55:26 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
IT is no quiter.  He must be really hurting .   So no reason to torture himself or make things worse for his career .

The team might have got throttled less if he just admitted he could not go and let Smart start.

Cavs jumped all over a crippled IT and next thing the game was over.   IT basically threw himself to the wolves.   SMH

Now thatnI look back , maybe a 25 poi t blowout if IT just did his team a favor and reported he could not go.   By the time he finally relented or they removed him ......the massacre had happened.

ITs pride cost the Celtics the worst defeat ever.  He d been better off not dressing .

« Reply #26 on: May 20, 2017, 11:03:09 AM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25629
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
People are calling the guy who played after his sister's death and funeral a quitter? The guy who dropped 53 points after losing teeth and several hours of dental surgery is now soft? The guy who has been in the top-8 in FTAs the past two seasons is scared of contact? The guy who worked his ass off to become All-NBA despite being 5'9" doesn't care about competing?

Some of you guys are out of your minds.

I finally understand why some free agents will never come to Boston. Magnifying glass with a heavy slant of negativity no matter what. Yes, Hayward, please come to Boston so one day when you have an injury and you try to play through it, we can stomp on your character and bring you to the peasant level. Sounds like paradise to me.

Yeah, I don't quite get the vitriol. I expect it from the meathead crowd, but not so much from the more rational fans.  I've got to think that the majority of fans who regularly watch the team still appreciate IT. It's the vocal few who are ripping him.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2017, 11:08:39 AM by Roy H. »

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #27 on: May 20, 2017, 11:09:13 AM »

Offline ManUp

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 285
  • Rondo doesn't believe in easy buckets...
I find it hard to believe he wouldn't be playing if he felt like we could win this.

That's the difference between the first two rounds and this.

I could be wrong.

« Reply #28 on: May 20, 2017, 11:12:48 AM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804
Y'all turn on people like a spinner. Just a sad sight!
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

« Reply #29 on: May 20, 2017, 11:28:18 AM »

Offline Future Celtics Owner

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 191
  • Celtic's only raise championship Banners
People are calling the guy who played after his sister's death and funeral a quitter? The guy who dropped 53 points after losing teeth and several hours of dental surgery is now soft? The guy who has been in the top-8 in FTAs the past two seasons is scared of contact? The guy who worked his ass off to become All-NBA despite being 5'9" doesn't care about competing?

Some of you guys are out of your minds.

Yeah, I don't quite get the vitriol. I expect it from the meathead crowd, but not so much from the more rational fans.  I've got to think that the majority of fans who regularly watch the team still appreciate IT. It's the vocal few who are ripping him.

I think it's more to do with some people expecting IT and the Celts to be exploited this series , even before the games were played. Now that we are 2 games in the series and this happens , injuries aside bc they do happen to anyone and everyone in life, IT leaves the game at around the same we are getting historically owned.
I don't agree with rash comments or anything that is undeserved but I can see where both sides are coming from.