Poll

Who Wins This Series? (Cavaliers Lead 2-0)

Cavaliers SWEEP
42 (64.6%)
Cavaliers In 5
9 (13.8%)
Cavaliers In 6
4 (6.2%)
Cavaliers In 7
0 (0%)
Celtics In 6
3 (4.6%)
Celtics In 7
7 (10.8%)

Total Members Voted: 65

Author Topic: Down 2-0. Do You Believe?  (Read 9102 times)

Re: Down 2-0. Do You Believe?
« Reply #75 on: May 22, 2017, 07:55:01 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!
Almost 2/3 of the voters here (me included) voted Cleveland sweep.

BOY do we look stupid now...  :P
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #76 on: May 25, 2017, 06:23:39 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • On To Banner 18!
So do we believe in forcing a Game 6 everyone?  ;D 8)

« Reply #77 on: May 25, 2017, 06:39:21 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
I put Celtics in 7.

Still believe. Lets do it lol. One game at a time. This team has gone on 6 game playoff win streaks. A 3 game streak to make it to the finals isnt out of the realm of possibilities

« Reply #78 on: May 25, 2017, 06:43:55 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • On To Banner 18!
I put Celtics in 7.

Still believe. Lets do it lol. One game at a time. This team has gone on 6 game playoff win streaks. A 3 game streak to make it to the finals isnt out of the realm of possibilities

I don't care if Golden State wrecks us in the Finals.

I'd love to spend the next few years, or at least all of next season, saying "Cavaliers blew a 3-1 lead" all over social media and Cleveland sites/blogs  :laugh:

« Reply #79 on: May 25, 2017, 07:46:23 PM »

Offline CF0022

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 3
I wouldn't count a boston team out.  I've seen it happen too many times where the Celtics will get kicked to the curb and then respond.  That said I've noticed things with this team this year where this team uses that almost to a fault. They have to step up and make the right adjustments if they are going to win 3 in a row. Even then Cleveland is a good team and is playing the right way imo.    Even if we lose I have this teams back. We came out this series and got in an unnecessary hole imo though.  Cleveland used that against us and punched us in the mouth.

I get we weren't necessarily playing for this year but I think in ways this team almost took that for granted.  We have to respond and it's going to be tough. Especially with IT out now. We still have pieces though.

Having to win 3 in a row against a team like Cleveland who is playing well is very difficult in the  nba I will say that.  If we do come back it will be well deserved.  Even if we don't it's been a successful season for the most part.

I think this team failed at coming out with the right mindset and adjustments to start this series though.  It was really important for us to defend home court to start this series imo.

I think we fell into that trap and Lebron played us for suckers to start this series.  Can this team win 3 in a row?  Sure.  I wouldn't count them out. Will they?  It's definately not probable but I've seen things happen. Anything is possible.   We need to play really well and have a lot go our way. Especially for 3 games that's difficult and against a team like Cleveland.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2017, 08:00:32 PM by CF0022 »