Poll

Who Wins This Series? (Cavaliers Lead 2-0)

Cavaliers SWEEP
42 (64.6%)
Cavaliers In 5
9 (13.8%)
Cavaliers In 6
4 (6.2%)
Cavaliers In 7
0 (0%)
Celtics In 6
3 (4.6%)
Celtics In 7
7 (10.8%)

Total Members Voted: 65

Author Topic: Down 2-0. Do You Believe?  (Read 9157 times)

Re: Down 2-0. Do You Believe?
« Reply #45 on: May 20, 2017, 11:50:43 AM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 2954
  • On To Banner 18!
Not only is there a major talent discrepancy between the teams, but there's also a major experience discrapancy as well. We are 4-5 years younger and this is the first time on this stage for just about everyone except Horford. Blowouts were to be expected if the played poorly and didn't shoot well, which is what happened.

I think they are pretty embarassed by their performances and will take a game in Cleveland. They are a much better team than they showed.

Other part is their front court is just THAT much better and can make plays. Love/Thompson.

Amir isn't doing anything, Zeller is doing okay I guess, but Horford needs to step it up (but he unfortunately hasn't).

At the end of the day though, lazy defense and missing OPEN looks is the downfall of the series.

Even against Washington, they were hitting their shots more often and were more inspiring, hence the series win. 
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #46 on: May 20, 2017, 11:51:49 AM »

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1557
Is believe they have one more win in them this year....what happens after that, I do not know.

definitely a win this year...........say.......later in the year when new season starts LOL
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #47 on: May 20, 2017, 11:53:09 AM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Is believe they have one more win in them this year....what happens after that, I do not know.

definitely a win this year...........say.......later in the year when new season starts LOL
We will see. I think they beat the Cavs in Cleveland.

« Reply #48 on: May 20, 2017, 11:55:09 AM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • On To Banner 18!

That is one confident hot take.

At this point, losing a game at Cleveland by less than 15 would be a win for me  :P

« Reply #49 on: May 20, 2017, 11:59:47 AM »

• Dennis Johnson
Celtics will force a game six, period, GO CELTICS!!!

so we will split in cleveland and win at home after that? we just got destroyed and embarrassed at home in two straight the first being way worse than score indicated.  that is simply wishful thinking and no rationality or objectivity or pserpsective put into it. it is what it is and nothing will change that.

we are a defeated bunch and the cavs know it. they are in our heads and have been since game 1. no amount of putting lipstick on a pig can gloss that over.   

Come on man, we all know this isn't happening. Just let the man dream  :P

lol..........who knows he may be just trolling. probably so. but no amount of even fake positivity can change the facts( i tried that last night) we all know deep down in our guts. It is easy to stay positive when you actually have a shot. we have ZERO SHOT and everybody knows it. The janitors at TD garden know it. The popcorn vendors know it.  Posts like his are bordering on a baghdad bob type of mentality. DO NOT WORRY EVERYTHING IS OK! crazy pills. :)

when the truth hits you square in the face it is tough to even feign positivity anymore.
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #50 on: May 20, 2017, 12:00:31 PM »

• Dennis Johnson

I pray you are right! i just do not see it.
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #51 on: May 20, 2017, 12:06:34 PM »

Offline Rosco917

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 559
The Cavs are physically toying with us. They're taller, longer, stronger, and more talented. Belief has nothing to do with reality.

« Reply #52 on: May 20, 2017, 12:06:47 PM »

Offline cousytoheinsohn

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 33
Not as much as I did before the series started.

One quarter at a time, one possession at a time, from here on. Any other approach and the Cavs will get into the Cs heads even further.

« Reply #53 on: May 20, 2017, 12:09:06 PM »

• Dennis Johnson
The Cavs are physically toying with us. They're taller, longer, stronger, and more talented. Belief has nothing to do with reality.

yep it sure looks like it huh? like a tom cat slapping a fuzzy ball around toying with it
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #54 on: May 20, 2017, 12:09:36 PM »

Offline Dino Pitino

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 219
If we play magnitudes better in Game 3 there'll start to be Ewing Theory talk, especially if we win.

What's the lineup gonna be? Smart, Bradley, Brown, Crowder, Horford? That is a beastly defensive unit against most teams in the league, most players except Lebron...but maybe it'll work anyway, miraculously?
"Young man, you have the question backwards." - Bill Russell

"My guess is that an aggregator of expert opinions would be close in terms of results to that of Danny." - Roy H.

« Reply #55 on: May 20, 2017, 12:18:21 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
If we play magnitudes better in Game 3 there'll start to be Ewing Theory talk, especially if we win.

What's the lineup gonna be? Smart, Bradley, Brown, Crowder, Horford? That is a beastly defensive unit against most teams in the league, most players except Lebron...but maybe it'll work anyway, miraculously?

They might keep the Cavs under 110.

They might score more than 80.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #56 on: May 20, 2017, 12:21:36 PM »

Offline cousytoheinsohn

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 33

Since the Cs seem so offensively-challenged at the moment, this may be the way to go.

« Reply #57 on: May 20, 2017, 02:36:38 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • On To Banner 18!

They might keep the Cavs under 110.

They might score more than 80.

Already looking better than Game 2!  ;D

« Reply #58 on: May 20, 2017, 07:22:40 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • On To Banner 18!
Yeah... it's officially a sweep. Heal up and get well, IT!

« Reply #59 on: May 20, 2017, 11:25:27 PM »

• Dennis Johnson
Yeah... it's officially a sweep. Heal up and get well, IT!

i never saw anything to think otherwise from the get go
LET'S GO CELTICS!