Poll

Who Wins This Series? (Cavaliers Lead 2-0)

Cavaliers SWEEP
42 (64.6%)
Cavaliers In 5
9 (13.8%)
Cavaliers In 6
4 (6.2%)
Cavaliers In 7
0 (0%)
Celtics In 6
3 (4.6%)
Celtics In 7
7 (10.8%)

Total Members Voted: 65

Author Topic: Down 2-0. Do You Believe?  (Read 9142 times)

Re: Down 2-0. Do You Believe?
« Reply #15 on: May 19, 2017, 11:02:19 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
i do believe in the Toof fairy and Santa

and Big foot .......

they all ate more real than Celtics winning this series or probably even a game.

« Reply #16 on: May 19, 2017, 11:06:04 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2944
  • On To Banner 18!

and Big foot .......

they all ate more real than Celtics winning this series or probably even a game.

Winning a game at Cleveland?

Please.. even Santa and Big Foot wouldn't believe that and call that fake..  :laugh:
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #17 on: May 19, 2017, 11:07:27 PM »

Offline crimson_stallion

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 875
Everything is in Boston's hands.

They went down 0-2 at home against Chicago, and suddenly somebody played a recording of KG talking about junkyard dogs, and apparently that flipped a switch and the guys started playing like they want to win again.

Then they got embarrassed in 2 or 3 games against Washington, but suddenly found some fight again.

I've said it once and I'll say it again - Boston can beat this team.  It doesn't look like it when you're getting blown out by 30 and 50 points, but they can.

But if they play the way they have in this series, then they can't beat them. Not only can they not beat them if they play this way, but they will get embarrassed by them if they play this way. 

So the ball is in Boston's court (ironically, since we're not going to Cleveland).  They can earn back some semblance of respect, or they can give up and be the laughing stock of the NBA (and every free agent who otherwise may have come here).

And please - nobody mention that "this is Clevleand".  Because Clevleand played Indiana and Toronto before this, and eiother of those teams got blown out by a combined 70 points in two games.  That's a special Celtics trait that we've flashed in every series so far.

This team has a problem- they are too soft.  They are too nice.  They are too well behaved.  That's what happens when you have a GM and coach who go out of their way to make sure their top priority for all player acquisitions is "coach friendly nice guy".  You end up with a team full of soft players who don't have balls (Smart and Bradley are excused from that label). 

And it doesn't help when your coach happens to be the nicest, softest, most polite and emotionless coach in all of basketball.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2017, 11:16:11 PM by crimson_stallion »

« Reply #18 on: May 19, 2017, 11:10:52 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith

and Big foot .......

Winning a game at Cleveland?

Please.. even Santa and Big Foot wouldn't believe that and call that fake..  :laugh:

Big Foot resents that remark .....he is a very good friend of mine.  ;)

« Reply #19 on: May 19, 2017, 11:11:23 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1762
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
Anybody else remember this quote?

"We played like a bunch of sissies," he said afterward. "I know the heart and soul of this team, and today the heart wasn't there, that's for sure. I can't believe a team like this would let L.A. come out and push us around like they did. Today I didn't feel we played hard. We got beat bad, and it's very embarrassing."

It is hardly the same situation, but I really hate watching Lebron beat us down. It sure would be nice to have a Bird-caliber (and attitude) player right now.

« Reply #20 on: May 19, 2017, 11:13:40 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2944
  • On To Banner 18!

They went down 0-2 at home against Chicago, and suddenly somebody played a recording of KG talking about junkyard dogs, and apparently that flipped a switch and the guys started playing like they want to win again.

Then they got embarrassed in 2 or 3 games against Washington, but suddenly found some fight again.

I've said it once and I'll say it again - Boston can beat this team.  It doesn't look like it when you're getting blown out by 30 and 50 points, but they can.

But if they play the way they have in this series, then they can't beat them. Not only can they not beat them if they play this way, but they will get embarrassed by them if they play this way. 

So the ball is in Boston's court (ironically, since we're not going to Cleveland).  They can earn back some semblance of respect, or they can give up and be the laughing stock of the NBA (and every free agent who otherwise may have come here).

And please - nobody mention that "this is Clevleand".  Because Clevleand played Indiana and Toronto before this, and eiother of those teams got blown out by a combined 70 points in two games.  That's a special Celtics trait that we've flashed in every series so far.

This team has a problem- they are too soft.  They are too nice.  They are too well behaved.  That's what happens when you have a GM and coach who go out of their way to make sure their top priority for all player acquisitions is "coach friendly nice guy".  You end up with a team full of soft players who don't have balls (Smart and Bradley are excused from that label). 

And it doesn't help when your coach happens to be the nicest, softest, most polite and emotionless coach in all of basketball.

I hope PP34 and KG can light a fire in this team again somehow.

They just look lost..
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #21 on: May 19, 2017, 11:18:24 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
Brad needs to rip his shirt off ,   throw some chairs in the locker room and repeat many new phrases of foul language not even in the dictionary of cuss words .

look em square in the eye an callem a bunch of ".   "

then go get a bottle of cheap whisky and get skunk drunk.   ;D

« Reply #22 on: May 19, 2017, 11:36:04 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
Celtics in 7

years

« Reply #23 on: May 19, 2017, 11:44:57 PM »

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1553
I still believe!!!

me too! i believe we will do great letting brown, fultz, zizic, rozier, smart, brooklyn 2018 and other picks we attain through trading away players we have now play the next few years.

I BELIEVE
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #24 on: May 20, 2017, 12:13:47 AM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN
I BELIEVE
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #25 on: May 20, 2017, 12:16:37 AM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
I believe...the Celts have already checked out mentally on this season.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #26 on: May 20, 2017, 12:22:23 AM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 996
Yah uhm rondo isn't getting injured this time around.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #27 on: May 20, 2017, 12:24:58 AM »

Offline Rakulp

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 78
As I said when the series was in Chicago...my team is on the floor.

...well, after tonight, maybe UNDER the floor is more accurate! :)

Rak

« Reply #28 on: May 20, 2017, 12:25:05 AM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
I believe...the Celts have already checked out mentally on this season.
Yeah I think they set the goal at making the ECF. They used everything they had getting there. Maybe they can scrape some pride together and steal game 3 or 4 but their season ended game 7.

I had a soccer team do the same thing way back in high school we set our goal to win a tournament that would send us to another tournament. The tournament had like 100 teams and tons of rounds and culminated in a weekend with a ton of games. We won the tournament and qualified for the next tourney but we just got annihilated in every game. We didn't really have the talent to win, but we couldn't have bested anyone the way we played. We had checked out. We were happy just to be there.

See the same thing in these Celtics. Isaiah specifically. He just can't go back to the well anymore.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #29 on: May 20, 2017, 12:27:32 AM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842

You are kinda right, but this isn't Washington or Chicago.

When we showed up against those teams it meant a 20+ point blowout. We show up against Cleveland we still need things to bounce our way before we can even squeak out a win.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.