Author Topic: Idea - Two Part Trade and Signing  (Read 677 times)

Idea - Two Part Trade and Signing
« on: May 19, 2017, 02:46:43 PM »

Offline Celtics978Fan

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 23
This trade idea only happens if all three times are willing in order.  Also if the Bulls are willing to take the #2 for Butler.

Trade 1
Celtic
Thomas
Celtics 2019 1st
Clippers 2017 2nd
Cavaliers 2017 2nd

Lakers
#2 2017
Nick Young

Before everybody flips out saying this is stupid, this is part 1 of creating the team to win now and in the future.

Trade 2
Celtics
#2 2017 Pick
Tyler Zeller (cap reasons)
Jae Crowder
Jackson
Mickey

Bulls Trade
Jimmy Butler

Sounds like a lot but we're getting a young star. 

Free Agent Signing and Resigning (I believe this is how it would have to be done to keep people.)

Gordan Hayward is going to get the max offer.  I'd hope we can try to get him for a little cheaper money but it will depend.

We should still have cap room with doing this to sign players.  We're in need of a power forward and a good amount of veterans that could be willing to come cheap for a year or couple for a ring chance.  I'm just listing power forwards, you decide who you'd like best and money wise.

Power Forwards
Zach Randolph
Taj Gibson
Amir Johnson (comes a lot cheaper)
Kelly Olynyk (might be cheap to stay in Boston)
Terrence Jones

Could always try to trade Terry Rozier for a young Power Forward as well but I'm thinking a veteran would be best here and cheaper. 

Resigning
Avery Bradley I think is a must right now.   But this might sound crazy I want to move him back to point guard till Fultz is ready and then Bradley could be a trade piece.  We can with bird rights so we use it here.  I'd be trying to give him 10-15 million a year. 

Marcus Smart  I'm thinking to be our 6th man type guy would be worth doing 6-8 million a year.  I believe this would work with our cap space for next year.   This is tough you judge cause of not having numbers in front and guessing salaries that could be on the book.

If this plays out with this trades and signings, this team would be competitive now and in the future with the draft picks we have coming.

Center - Horford
Power Forward - Veteran (Randolph/Gibson my two choices)
Small Forward - Hayward
Shooting Guard - Butler
Point Guard - Bradley

Center - Zizic
Power Forward - Yabusele
Small Forward - Brown
Shooting Guard - Smart
Point Guard - Fultz

Point Guard - Rozier
2017 2nd Pick Minnesota
Free Agents