Author Topic: Draft night trade idea: Celtics end up with #1 and #3  (Read 6339 times)

Re: Draft night trade idea: Celtics end up with #1 and #3
« Reply #30 on: May 19, 2017, 04:29:23 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Give me the MVP candidate, All-NBA player.

Yup.  This trade makes the Celtics significantly worse in the present.
Piling on here....trading IT makes us worse and I am not convinced Fultz will be as good as IT is now, so maybe worse in the future.

Call me a hater of youth, but I am not enamored with this draft class. I am not sure even one player at the top of this draft class will be as good as Wall or IT or Gordon Hayward
Almost every draft has a player from the top 5 or 6 that ends up better than Gordon Hayward or Thomas.

This draft is supposed to be a really good draft. Thus you are a hater of youth.
Just don't see it. Saw these kids play. They aren't the Lebron, Darko, Melo, Wade, Bosh class no matter what these draft sites say. Not even close.

« Reply #31 on: May 19, 2017, 04:35:09 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842

Piling on here....trading IT makes us worse and I am not convinced Fultz will be as good as IT is now, so maybe worse in the future.

Call me a hater of youth, but I am not enamored with this draft class. I am not sure even one player at the top of this draft class will be as good as Wall or IT or Gordon Hayward
Almost every draft has a player from the top 5 or 6 that ends up better than Gordon Hayward or Thomas.

This draft is supposed to be a really good draft. Thus you are a hater of youth.
Just don't see it. Saw these kids play. They aren't the Lebron, Darko, Melo, Wade, Bosh class no matter what these draft sites say. Not even close.
They don't need to be the best draft of the last 20 years for it to have a couple guy s better than Gordon hayward
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #32 on: May 19, 2017, 04:40:27 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867

2008 and 2009 drafts is what they are comparing this draft to

You might be reaching for a Tyreke Evans, Beasley or Curry, Derozan

« Reply #33 on: May 19, 2017, 04:43:02 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867

You can dislike youth but great teams usually start out that way

Bulls (Jordan, Pippen homegrown), GSW, Spurs, 80s Celtics and Lakers

« Reply #34 on: May 19, 2017, 04:51:23 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2666
  • bammokja
I'd pick Jackson at three and it wouldn't even be a close call for me.

I like jackson... But his 'unsure' shooting I doubt interests Danny, CBS

For them the big players need to have pg like skills and short players built , tough, long long wingspan...

Josh Jackson is gritty, has a great motor and can't shoot. That has "Danny" written all over it. The only thing he's missing is that he's not undersized.

Mike
1. ainge drafted zizic and yabusele, both of whom have high shooting percentages.

2. jackson, over the last 17 games (he played in 35 total) shot 48% from 3 point land.

maybe update those narratives?
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #35 on: May 19, 2017, 05:25:28 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
I think IT's defense is something that will need to be addressed moving forward.   I love all the little guy does and without him we would be a true lottery team.   But there are times when his D is a big liability.

I could Ainge doing something like this is he feels GS and CLE are not going to be beatable in the next few years to set us up for the long haul. 

Part of me wants the proven star  too.

« Reply #36 on: May 19, 2017, 05:56:20 PM »

Offline ThaPreacher

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 174
  • THA PREACHER

No one is Lebron. But the rest match-up pretty well-save Darko.
"Just do what you do best."  -Red Auerbach-

« Reply #37 on: May 19, 2017, 06:12:37 PM »

Offline Darío SpanishFan

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 141
I'd definitely do it, but trying to keep Rozier at first. TP

« Reply #38 on: May 19, 2017, 07:15:03 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25628
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

No one is Lebron. But the rest match-up pretty well-save Darko.

I dunno. 33 all-star appearances and 15 All-NBA selections among the top five players is pretty impressive, and that's excluding Lebron. It might be time to temper expectations a bit.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes