Author Topic: Come up with Creative Trade ideas for the #1 pick  (Read 2684 times)

Come up with Creative Trade ideas for the #1 pick
« on: May 19, 2017, 01:57:50 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136

We know everyone who's anyone wants to get there hands on the top pick in the draft. What are they willing to pay for it.

You can ask for the world because be Fultz is the real deal.

My first proposal is. Chriss, The number four pick in this draft, and Devin Booker for #1.

Celtics get A great haul unless of course Fultz turns into a top 5 player which he just might.

Re: Come up with Creative Trade ideas for the #1 pick
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2017, 01:59:29 PM »

Offline JohnBoy65

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 132
Do these need to be realistic? Can they be a pipe dream scenario? Or something that has somewhat of a chance going down between now and draft night.

« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2017, 02:12:25 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
Do these need to be realistic? Can they be a pipe dream scenario? Or something that has somewhat of a chance going down between now and draft night.

Somewhat realistic, but the idea is to brainstorm basically. Shoot me your idea. Don't be scared, it's just for fun...

« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2017, 02:20:23 PM »

Offline Ed Hollison

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 195
Send out the #1 pick in exchange for several all star-caliber seasons of Markelle Fultz.
"A thought of hatred must be destroyed by a more powerful thought of love."

http://fruittreeblog.com

« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2017, 02:27:32 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
Send out the #1 pick in exchange for several all star-caliber seasons of Markelle Fultz.

Well that was a waste of my time. Here I'll come up with another since your brain cells must be tired.

#1 for Klay Thompson
 #1 for Andrew Wiggins

Horford
 Crowder
 Hayward
 Thompson
 Thomas

« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2017, 02:32:59 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson

The other simple idea is Fultz for Simmons.

« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2017, 03:27:49 PM »

Offline johnnygreen

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 298

I had those same questions after seeing the first trade proposal of the Celtics #1 pick for Marquese Chriss, Devin Booker, and the #4 pick. This seems like an unrealistic pipe dream trade scenario for the Celtics. If that's the case, offer the #1 pick and salary cap filler for Anthony Davis.

« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2017, 03:48:30 PM »

Offline RLewis35

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 20
  • I drink and I know things
2018 #1
Rozier
Olynyk
Filler if needdd

For Anthony Davis

« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2017, 03:50:21 PM »

Offline Darío SpanishFan

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 141
#1 for Klay Thompson
 #1 for Andrew Wiggins

Horford
 Crowder
 Hayward
 Thompson
 Thomas

GSW will not do this, they are winning now. And Minnesota won't extend his rebuilding for long and have Dunn as PG prospect. There must be better teams to deal with.

BOS sends 1st pick to Orlando for 6th pick, Hezonja and 2018 first round (unprotected).

I wouldn't do it, but seems realistic.

« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2017, 03:53:09 PM »

Offline Darío SpanishFan

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 141
Boston trades 1st pick to Denver for 13th pick, Juancho Hernangómez and a 2018 first round pick, top-5 protected.

I wouldn't do it, but also seems realistic for me.

« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2017, 03:57:28 PM »

Offline max215

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 624

Most trades with us sending Markelle out are pipe dreams for the other team.
Isaiah, you were lightning in a bottle.

DKC Clippers

« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2017, 04:04:26 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1763
  • Everybody knows what's best for you

Yeah, I am not really on board with trading our #1 for multiple assets that may add up to #1.

That being said, I would do Fultz for Simmons and either the PHI or LAL first next year. We would get the same level prospect, but at a position of need and still have a fantastic pick next year (along with the BKN pick). I would be happy to throw in a couple of 2nds if needed.

It would save enough money that if we moved Bradley for a future pick, we could retain KO and actually pay Hayward the FULL max, rather than asking him to take a $400K/yr paycut.

« Reply #12 on: May 19, 2017, 04:05:32 PM »

Offline jay

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 50
Zeller and #1 pick

for #4 pick, Barbosa, Chriss, and Miami's unprotected 2021 pick.   They won't trade Booker.

We would be trading Fultz for Chriss, Tatum, and hopefully a lottery pick in 2021.

« Reply #13 on: May 19, 2017, 04:07:36 PM »

Offline max215

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 624

Yeah, I am not really on board with trading our #1 for multiple assets that may add up to #1.

That being said, I would do Fultz for Simmons and either the PHI or LAL first next year. We would get the same level prospect, but at a position of need and still have a fantastic pick next year (along with the BKN pick). I would be happy to throw in a couple of 2nds if needed.

It would save enough money that if we moved Bradley for a future pick, we could retain KO and actually pay Hayward the FULL max, rather than asking him to take a $400K/yr paycut.

That's the type of deal I could live with, but I'd probably rather just hang on to Markelle.
Isaiah, you were lightning in a bottle.

DKC Clippers

« Reply #14 on: May 19, 2017, 04:09:39 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
#1 for Klay Thompson
 #1 for Andrew Wiggins

Horford
 Crowder
 Hayward
 Thompson
 Thomas

GSW will not do this, they are winning now. And Minnesota won't extend his rebuilding for long and have Dunn as PG prospect. There must be better teams to deal with.

BOS sends 1st pick to Orlando for 6th pick, Hezonja and 2018 first round (unprotected).

I wouldn't do it, but seems realistic.
At least his trades check out from a value perspective. In your trade we are massively ripped off.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.