Author Topic: Broussard "I'm hearing the Celtics really like Tatum"  (Read 13298 times)

Re: Broussard "I'm hearing the Celtics really like Tatum"
« Reply #45 on: May 27, 2017, 04:40:49 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
So in AB's exit interview he said that he and DA were talking about draft prospects but he wouldn't  name the players. He said he hasn't seen much of Fultz but he has seen Tatum.

I could be remembering how it went down wrong because I wasn't listening intently. The video is on YT along with most of the other key contributors, IT4s was a good watch too.
interesting

« Reply #46 on: May 27, 2017, 04:45:19 PM »

Offline PaulAllen

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 55
its called a smoke screen ... No team ever in the history releases who they are going to draft this far ahead unless its an undisputed pick like Lebron or Shaq

« Reply #47 on: May 27, 2017, 04:56:21 PM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 741
its called a smoke screen ... No team ever in the history releases who they are going to draft this far ahead unless its an undisputed pick like Lebron or Shaq
The Celtic organization, specifically, has been really good about this over the last bunch of years. They don't really leak stuff. I had no idea what was going to happen with last year's pick until Jaylen's name was said aloud by Silver. Similarly, look a the thread about Jackie Mac saying IT had been available a year ago. That's how long it takes the C's information to actually come out, a year later.

It also wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if Ainge was talking up Tatum just to see what kind of a deal he could get out of Philly. If they were to sweeten the pot enough, maybe he does trade down.
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

« Reply #48 on: May 27, 2017, 05:22:02 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
So in AB's exit interview he said that he and DA were talking about draft prospects but he wouldn't  name the players. He said he hasn't seen much of Fultz but he has seen Tatum.

Basically.... AB does not want Danny to draft Fultz lol

its funny because Jaylen Brown has high praise about Fultz ...no mention of Tatum

« Reply #49 on: May 27, 2017, 05:32:38 PM »

Offline mef730

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 907
The Celtic organization, specifically, has been really good about this over the last bunch of years. They don't really leak stuff. I had no idea what was going to happen with last year's pick until Jaylen's name was said aloud by Silver. Similarly, look a the thread about Jackie Mac saying IT had been available a year ago. That's how long it takes the C's information to actually come out, a year later.

It also wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if Ainge was talking up Tatum just to see what kind of a deal he could get out of Philly. If they were to sweeten the pot enough, maybe he does trade down.

Their pick this year and the Lakers pick next year?

They'll get the top player in a position of need for them. Cs still get Tatum (or Jackson) and a second shot at a big next year.

(But my strong belief is that we'll see Fultz in green next year)

Mike

« Reply #50 on: May 27, 2017, 05:56:01 PM »

Offline Future Celtics Owner

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 191
  • Celtic's only raise championship Banners
Jaylen Brown is more dominant as a SG IMO and getting Tatum (presumably from a trade of players) would put a taller SF next to Brown and Fultz.

I would not want to give up the 2018 BKN pick.....still think we could grab Ayton/Bamba, Ayton being my favorite as of now.

« Reply #51 on: May 27, 2017, 06:14:36 PM »

Offline mctyson

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 372
Broussard is the least reliable sauce on the planet.

« Reply #52 on: May 27, 2017, 06:25:02 PM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 741

Their pick this year and the Lakers pick next year?

They'll get the top player in a position of need for them. Cs still get Tatum (or Jackson) and a second shot at a big next year.

(But my strong belief is that we'll see Fultz in green next year)

Mike
I also think Fultz comes to Boston next year. But what if Philly really loves Fultz and Collangelo is desperate to start winning games so they offer #3, Saric, and LA's pick next season? That's probably unreasonable and something Philly would never do but we've seen teams do pretty stupid things in the past. And I think Ainge would have to say yes to that.
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

« Reply #53 on: May 27, 2017, 08:50:14 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
Tatum = Giannis maybe weighing heavily on the mind of Danny Ainge.

« Reply #54 on: May 27, 2017, 09:22:23 PM »

Offline Kaz

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 73
Tatum = Giannis maybe weighing heavily on the mind of Danny Ainge.
I don't get the comparison, particularly in this context.

Tatum is considered to be one of the more NBA-ready guys in the draft, while Giannis was a high-potential project.  In terms of how the two appeared at draft day they couldn't be much different.

« Reply #55 on: May 27, 2017, 09:39:26 PM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441

Basically.... AB does not want Danny to draft Fultz lol

its funny because Jaylen Brown has high praise about Fultz ...no mention of Tatum
It didn't sound like high praise to me.  What stood out the most to me was that Brown seemed to focus on Fultz's lack of defense.   But it doesn't really matter what Brown thinks.

« Reply #56 on: May 27, 2017, 09:48:13 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136

I'm hearing Broussard may have went Full Retard.

« Reply #57 on: May 27, 2017, 10:43:20 PM »

Offline green_bballers13

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 320
It's important that we double up at every position except 4 and 5.

Ha. I think it is a little nuts that there hasn't been a big worth picking at the top of the draft for two years in a row (Simmons is more of a point forward).

I think we would jump at Harry Giles over Fultz if he was fulfilling his potential.

« Reply #58 on: May 27, 2017, 11:15:19 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533
Broussard never said Boston was going to draft Tatum at 1 or that Boston liked him more than Fultz (he didn't mention anyone else at all). He just said he heard that Boston liked Tatum which is exactly a crazy statement.  Maybe Boston is trying to pick up another pick, maybe Boston is just doing due diligence and as impressed by Tatum, or any other number of things that would yield a conclusion that Boston liked Tatum.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #59 on: June 03, 2017, 12:49:49 AM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
^true