Author Topic: Broussard "I'm hearing the Celtics really like Tatum"  (Read 13302 times)

Re: Broussard "I'm hearing the Celtics really like Tatum"
« Reply #30 on: May 21, 2017, 08:00:32 PM »

Offline vjcsmoke

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
This is a smokescreen.  When the dust settles, Markelle Fultz will be a Celtic.

A team would have to make a godfather offer for us to not take Fultz.

IE we'd need to be getting back a superstar or potential superstar in return.

« Reply #31 on: May 21, 2017, 08:11:58 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Could Ainge trade down?  Get a player with with one and get Tatum? 

I don't see anywhere where we can get Tatum that has a star the would move the meter for us.  Sixers are not moving Simmons.

« Reply #32 on: May 21, 2017, 08:15:50 PM »

Offline keevsnick

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 549
I'll believe it when I see it. When was the last time the team picking #1 didn't take the consensus number one guy? Literally every other mock draft I've found says Fultz, every analyst I've heard says Fultz, he fits a team need (ball handler, scoring) and he has arguably the highest ceiling and floor in this draft. Lets not overthink this.

« Reply #33 on: May 21, 2017, 08:17:50 PM »

Offline max215

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 624
Isaiah, you were lightning in a bottle.

DKC Clippers

« Reply #34 on: May 21, 2017, 08:18:26 PM »

Offline mqtcelticsfan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 236
In one corner you have pretty much everybody who is paid to have an opinion on basketball as well as fans of the draft and basketball in general.

In the other corner you have Chris Broussard.

I know which way I'm going.

« Reply #35 on: May 21, 2017, 08:26:54 PM »

Offline Quetzalcoatl

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 419
I'll believe it when I see it. When was the last time the team picking #1 didn't take the consensus number one guy? Literally every other mock draft I've found says Fultz, every analyst I've heard says Fultz, he fits a team need (ball handler, scoring) and he has arguably the highest ceiling and floor in this draft. Lets not overthink this.

It was Anthony Bennet, where technically there wasnt a consensus #1 guy, but I argue the Cavs not taking one of the consensus top #15 is worse than picking Tatum here

« Reply #36 on: May 21, 2017, 08:31:16 PM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
Ainge  will hint that the c's are interested in all top prospects so more teams make offers and stronger offers for #1

I agree on this.

These things are going to leak, and keep leaking, and then the Celtics will get a massive offer for the #1, and still be in line to get Jayson Tatum or who they think they want.

2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #37 on: May 27, 2017, 02:56:55 AM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
I like Tatum too. Wouldn't be terrible. Looks like Danny considering drafting for need?

« Reply #38 on: May 27, 2017, 03:11:38 AM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge

It was Anthony Bennet, where technically there wasnt a consensus #1 guy, but I argue the Cavs not taking one of the consensus top #15 is worse than picking Tatum here
Bennett was one of the worst players ever drafted. Seriously what was that pick about? I feel like the cavs used the pick as a vehicle to pay off bennetts agent or something

« Reply #39 on: May 27, 2017, 12:14:45 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge

« Reply #40 on: May 27, 2017, 03:19:00 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
I can believe this too....even though no question .   Fultz is obvious the best player . 

Tatum is a Butler type CBS recruit all the way . Very smart , can pass the ball around simular to Horford ,  has great all around flexibility as a forward.  In a few years , a threat to triple double most any night .

id still take Fultz all day cause we need LOtS of scoring to beat GS and Cavs in a shootout style game.

If they keep the pick ,  we ll see what weight CBS has with th front office .   Danny surely loves Fultz
good points

« Reply #41 on: May 27, 2017, 03:37:22 PM »

Offline keevsnick

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 549

Ya that was a weird draft where there was no consensus number 1 pick. It was also a very weak draft if I remember correctly.

« Reply #42 on: May 27, 2017, 03:56:55 PM »

Offline Celts Fan 508

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 54
I love Tatum, he's my guy, but Broussards comments are not a big deal.

I'm sure the Celtics really like a lot of players in the draft, what is important is who they like the most.

Plus, who doesn't really like Tatums game?
2019 historical draft.  Pick 12

Tim Duncan, Oscar Robertson, Elgin Baylor, Scottie Pippen, Willis Reed, Mitch Richmond, Sam Jones, Dan Majerle, Bob Cousy, Rasheed Wallace, Shawn Kemp, Marcus Camby

« Reply #43 on: May 27, 2017, 04:01:37 PM »

Offline Denis998

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 388
  • Rutgers '17
I was hoping that him working in exile would mean we wouldn't have to hear about his sauces anymore.

« Reply #44 on: May 27, 2017, 04:19:50 PM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804
So in AB's exit interview he said that he and DA were talking about draft prospects but he wouldn't  name the players. He said he hasn't seen much of Fultz but he has seen Tatum.

I could be remembering how it went down wrong because I wasn't listening intently. The video is on YT along with most of the other key contributors, IT4s was a good watch too.
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)