Author Topic: Tatum fans: Sell me drafting Tatum over Fultz  (Read 16283 times)

Re: Tatum fans: Sell me drafting Tatum over Fultz
« Reply #30 on: May 19, 2017, 06:16:16 PM »

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 943
  • Boston Celtics= Championships, nothing less.
The game today is dominated by two things: 3 point shooting and running the high pick and roll. These are two things that Fultz does better than most current solid NBA point guards. He is an absolute wizard in the pick and roll and he shoots an elite NBA percentage at 18 years old.
To me he's probably the closest prospect to Harden since Harden- even more so than Buddy Hield.
He shoots 40% from three and is better in every aspect of the game than Hield. Just think about that. If Buddy Hield had the dribble drive game and domination in the pick and roll like Derrick Rose or Kyrie Irving in college.
The dream would be a dominant NBA superstar guard ala Harden. Imagine DeMar DeRozan with a jumpshot and even better handles....
his name is Markelle Fultz.

He is a truly complete offensive player with the physical tools to become a complete defensive player too.
Good comp vs Ball

https://youtu.be/NImUPXFO7fM
"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

quoting 'Greg B' on RealGM after 2017 trade deadline.
Read that last line again. One more time.

« Reply #31 on: May 23, 2017, 11:42:10 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
In a game like tonight I think Tatum would have helped more than Fultz. Both can create their own shots (which we needed in the 4th)

But Tatum can also rebound the ball/block shots... A few on Kyrie would have been huge... Cavs had an open lane in the 2nd half. We have zero shot blockers..this team cant move fwd like this next season

Also Tatum could have taken it to Lebron ... for those crucial 5th, 6th fouls

Not saying take Tatum over Fultz this sec... But Tatum defensive abilities due to frame/size adv is a bonus

Tatum block highlight
https://youtu.be/0hQsKw3o4TM

« Last Edit: May 23, 2017, 11:53:47 PM by triboy16f »

« Reply #32 on: May 23, 2017, 11:49:29 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
In a game like tonight I think Tatum would have helped more than Fultz. Both can create their own shots (which we needed in the 4th)

But Tatum can also rebound the ball/block shots... A few on Kyrie would have been huge... Cavs had an open lane in the 2nd half. We have zero shot blockers..this team cant move fwd like next season

Not saying take Tatum over Fultz tjis sec... But Tatum defensive abilities due to frame/size adv is a bonus

I'm probably wrong, but he looks like the classic Duke tweener, to me - not quick enough to guard small forwards and too small to guard 4s - and given that he was being defended by much slower power forwards during the season, how, well, quick, is he, really?

« Reply #33 on: May 23, 2017, 11:57:48 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce

But Tatum can also rebound the ball/block shots... A few on Kyrie would have been huge... Cavs had an open lane in the 2nd half. We have zero shot blockers..this team cant move fwd like next season

Not saying take Tatum over Fultz tjis sec... But Tatum defensive abilities due to frame/size adv is a bonus

I'm probably wrong, but he looks like the classic Duke tweener, to me - not quick enough to guard small forwards and too small to guard 4s - and given that he was being defended by much slower power forwards during the season, how, well, quick, is he, really?

Doesnt this just mean he is a fit under cbs system  ;D

His body still hasnt filled out/refined.. he could become quicker/more explosive

He didnt get measured at the combine but could have grown a little.  Could now be 6'9. Looks like has a longer wingspan than 6'11. Maybe 7'0, 7'1

« Reply #34 on: May 24, 2017, 12:10:48 AM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji

Doesnt this just mean he is a fit under cbs system  ;D

His body still hasnt filled out/refined.. he could become quicker/more explosive

He didnt get measured at the combine but could have grown a little.  Could now be 6'9. Looks like has a longer wingspan than 6'11. Maybe 7'0, 7'1

True ;D, TP.

« Reply #35 on: May 24, 2017, 03:09:04 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3150

But Tatum can also rebound the ball/block shots... A few on Kyrie would have been huge... Cavs had an open lane in the 2nd half. We have zero shot blockers..this team cant move fwd like this next season

Not saying take Tatum over Fultz this sec... But Tatum defensive abilities due to frame/size adv is a bonus

Tatum block highlight

College stats:

Tatum Blk 1.1 Stl 1.3 RB 7.3
Fultz Blk 1.2  Stl 1.6 RB 5.7

« Reply #36 on: May 24, 2017, 03:34:00 PM »

Offline mahcus smaht

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 4

Tatum block highlight
Tatum isnt a shot blocker...

The italicized is a decent point, but Brown should be able to do the same thing in a few years.

Also, I think Lebron would have had to murder someone to get the 5th foul before the 4th quarter and he was gonna have to do something real egregious to foul out.

« Reply #37 on: May 24, 2017, 08:01:47 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith

Tatum block highlight
Tatum isnt a shot blocker...

The italicized is a decent point, but Brown should be able to do the same thing in a few years.

Also, I think Lebron would have had to murder someone to get the 5th foul before the 4th quarter and he was gonna have to do something real egregious to foul out.

I think LeBron could've killed someone, either Kelly or Marcus, and not even gotten a foul called. After all it was a CAVS home game.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2017, 08:11:42 PM by liam »

« Reply #38 on: May 24, 2017, 08:13:21 PM »

Offline max215

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 624

Tatum block highlight

College stats:

That's hilarious. TP!
Isaiah, you were lightning in a bottle.

DKC Clippers

« Reply #39 on: May 24, 2017, 08:20:45 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith

Tatum block highlight

College stats:

That's hilarious. TP!

Yeah, Fultz is the same at Blocks and steals and only behind by a rebound and a half. I didn't include points and assists where Fultz was clearly better. You can't use stats to say another college player is better than Fultz. His stats are stellar!

« Reply #40 on: July 11, 2017, 10:46:18 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
Has summer league sold you lol

« Reply #41 on: May 01, 2018, 03:14:14 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
-Dick Vitale has said Tatum should go #1

Dick Vitale was right  ;D

Fultz can't even get min during garbage time.

just spacing out...lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wKFcaGa77VQ

« Reply #42 on: May 01, 2018, 03:15:52 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
Tatum game 1 highlights vs 76ers (28pts).  sick performance.  you get to see something new from him every game

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e588mGm2vVA

« Reply #43 on: May 01, 2018, 03:25:34 PM »

Offline positivitize

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 614
  • Puns of steel
they don't know what they're talking about.

If Danny Ainge took Tatum over Fultz me and thousands of other Celtics fans would hunt him down with pitchforks and fire and make him pay.
In other words, there is zero chance that Ainge drafts anyone over Fultz in this draft, letalone drafting Tatum over Fultz.

CBS and Vitale are just out of touch.

lol. some of these comments didnt age well
My biases, in order of fervor:
Pro:
Smart, Brown, Hayward, Tatum, Kemba, Grant Williams, Sleepy Williams, Edwards!

Anti:
Kanter, Semi, Theis, Poierier

« Reply #44 on: May 01, 2018, 03:33:23 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1756
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
I know you bumped your own thread triboy in order to toot your own horn, but you still deserve a tp. I am not totally sure you were calling for Tatum to absolutely be the #1 pick, but you certainly raised many good points as to why he should be considered over Fultz.

Fultz may end up being awesome, but I don’t think there is a Cs fan in existence who isn’t happy with the trade now.