Author Topic: Tatum fans: Sell me drafting Tatum over Fultz  (Read 16281 times)

Tatum fans: Sell me drafting Tatum over Fultz
« on: May 18, 2017, 11:02:09 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
-Dick Vitale has said Tatum should go #1
-CBS has Celtics picking Tatum at #1 due to the Celtics already having IT4, AB etc.

-- why is Tatum considered to be a better prospect than Fultz?

Re: Tatum fans: Sell me drafting Tatum over Fultz
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2017, 11:09:40 PM »

Offline knuckleballer

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 664
I'm a fan of Tatum.  I could make an argument why he should be the second pick.  He's a tall wing who can score at all levels and score in isolation using experienced veteran moves that he's already using.  He reminds me of Pierce.   That said, without a doubt, Fultz is the pick.

« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2017, 12:02:49 AM »

Offline playdream

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 88
AB has to go no matter who you pick(you can't give both max..)
and Tatum's problem is his ahteletism/strengh and complete game compared to PP

« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2017, 12:03:09 AM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3150
Flutz is the pick. He has that Herky jerky Paul Pierce game. Flutz is so far of anyone else in this draft in game development it's scary and he's the youngest guy at the top of the draft. Same beautiful change of pace and the PP spin move. He's going to be a bucket getter like Pierce and his outside shot is beautiful. He's shooting 40% from 3 with guys right up in his grill. He's driving on multiple defenders and getting to the rim or pulling up for that quick little jumper. Fultz has all those little moves like an NBA vet that keep defenders off balance. When I watch those Fultz highlights he moves like Paul Pierce did and It's the pick PP gave The Celtics so I can think of no one better to pick.

« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2017, 08:53:45 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
I'm a fan of Tatum.  I could make an argument why he should be the second pick.  He's a tall wing who can score at all levels and score in isolation using experienced veteran moves that he's already using.  He reminds me of Pierce.   That said, without a doubt, Fultz is the pick.

What about Tatums defensive potential? Compared to Fultz?

« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2017, 08:55:45 AM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441
Flutz is the pick. He has that Herky jerky Paul Pierce game. Flutz is so far of anyone else in this draft in game development it's scary and he's the youngest guy at the top of the draft. Same beautiful change of pace and the PP spin move. He's going to be a bucket getter like Pierce and his outside shot is beautiful. He's shooting 40% from 3 with guys right up in his grill. He's driving on multiple defenders and getting to the rim or pulling up for that quick little jumper. Fultz has all those little moves like an NBA vet that keep defenders off balance. When I watch those Fultz highlights he moves like Paul Pierce did and It's the pick PP gave The Celtics so I can think of no one better to pick.
Flutz?  Haha, I'm dying laughing.  Don't know if it was intentional, but TP either way.

« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2017, 09:00:16 AM »

Offline knuckleballer

• Paul Silas

I think they were pretty similar last year in that neither really seemed to give max effort on that side of the ball.  I think Fultz has much better potential for his position.  He'll be one of the most athletic guys at his position with great size.  Tatum will have good size at the 3, but only average athletically.

« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2017, 09:06:32 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce

I think they were pretty similar last year in that neither really seemed to give max effort on that side of the ball.  I think Fultz has much better potential for his position.  He'll be one of the most athletic guys at his position with great size.  Tatum will have good size at the 3, but only average athletically.

I wonder then why Vitale , CBS for example thinks Tatum should go #1.

Vitale has been around a long time...so what he says shouldnt be totally discounted

« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2017, 09:09:26 AM »

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 943
  • Boston Celtics= Championships, nothing less.
they don't know what they're talking about.

If Danny Ainge took Tatum over Fultz me and thousands of other Celtics fans would hunt him down with pitchforks and fire and make him pay.
In other words, there is zero chance that Ainge drafts anyone over Fultz in this draft, letalone drafting Tatum over Fultz.

CBS and Vitale are just out of touch.
"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

quoting 'Greg B' on RealGM after 2017 trade deadline.
Read that last line again. One more time.

« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2017, 09:14:40 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
they don't know what they're talking about.

If Danny Ainge took Tatum over Fultz me and thousands of other Celtics fans would hunt him down with pitchforks and fire and make him pay.
In other words, there is zero chance that Ainge drafts anyone over Fultz in this draft, letalone drafting Tatum over Fultz.

CBS and Vitale are just out of touch.

I agree.... But then again when you look at plays like below... You pause for a sec... If Tatum was just a little more aggressive he would of had a better freshman year

https://youtu.be/z8fXpxx-aCY

« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2017, 09:18:25 AM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

Vitale has been around a long time...so what he says shouldnt be totally discounted

Vitale said he hasn't seen any of Fultz's games and has only seen highlights.

Vitale didn't even have Fultz in his top three (Tatum, Jackson, Ball).

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2017, 09:18:42 AM »

Offline knuckleballer

• Paul Silas

I'm a big fan of Tatum and have been talking him up for the past season, largely because I didn't want to get my hopes up for Fultz when we only had a 25% chance of getting him. 

Vitale has certainly called a lot more Duke games than Washington games so I'm not surprised that that's his take.  He's not a serious scout on these matters.

« Reply #12 on: May 19, 2017, 09:19:10 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
Slightly off topic but how does Tatum compare to Michael Porter?

« Reply #13 on: May 19, 2017, 09:21:06 AM »

Offline gjc985

• Jaden Springer
  • Tommy Points: 0
I like Tatum, but he needs to add serious muscle. Fultz is the pick if you keep it. Jaylen is the future at SF. Jaylen already has the body for the position and you've already seen his development throughout the season

« Reply #14 on: May 19, 2017, 09:30:37 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce

Vitale said he hasn't seen any of Fultz's games and has only seen highlights.

Vitale didn't even have Fultz in his top three (Tatum, Jackson, Ball).

This draft reminds me of 2008 - 2009 drafts free for all

I just hope Fultz doesnt end up becoming a Tyreke Evans, Eric Gordons while you miss out on the likes of Russell Westbrook or Derozan
« Last Edit: May 19, 2017, 09:36:34 AM by triboy16f »