Author Topic: Cavaliers (1-0) at Celtics (0-1) ECF Game #2 5/19/17  (Read 80990 times)

Re: Cavaliers (1-0) at Celtics (0-1) ECF Game #2 5/19/17
« Reply #840 on: May 19, 2017, 11:52:29 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
Cavs have yet to trail during this series

« Reply #841 on: May 19, 2017, 11:55:45 PM »

Offline Sketch5

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280
The Dump IT comments crack me up.  He's not going anywhere.

He is not gettin a max deal from boston either
I got plenty of TPs to bet you on that one. Danny will max him out.

I would've agreed before the lottery, but unless Fultz comes out and is less than impressive, I don't see it now that we'll have his replacement already drafted. Further, with it looking less and less likely that we'll sign a major free agent this summer and that we're anywhere close to matching Cleveland, I don't see why we would.

His lack of size is just too much of a liability, he's too easy to gameplan for, and he requires to specialized of a team around him to justify a full max for him, especially when we'll have Fultz already in waiting.
Why does it look less likely that we will not sign a free agent? Has something happened I haven't heard about? Has something changed since yesterday? Last week? Last month?

If you mean because of this game, you're better than that jp. You know one lost game or one lost series doesn't effect what these players and agents think. They look at a bigger picture than that.

And Fultz won't be ready to lead this team for 3-4 years. You draft him, sign IT and let them play together for a few years to see if Fultz is the real deal. If he is then you trade IT.

I agree with some of what you said, but how is it you know Fultz won't be ready to contribute ina year or two.  I will give you it will be an adjustment period as a rookie, but by year two he should be a major contributor.

Fultz is the most NBA ready guy in this draft.

His defense needs work.

From what I've read he's a good defender when he's locked in. Problem is, he's not always locked in. So it's more working on his focus. Smart will pound that into his head....

Maybe literally. :)

« Reply #842 on: May 20, 2017, 12:05:13 AM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842

I would've agreed before the lottery, but unless Fultz comes out and is less than impressive, I don't see it now that we'll have his replacement already drafted. Further, with it looking less and less likely that we'll sign a major free agent this summer and that we're anywhere close to matching Cleveland, I don't see why we would.

His lack of size is just too much of a liability, he's too easy to gameplan for, and he requires to specialized of a team around him to justify a full max for him, especially when we'll have Fultz already in waiting.
Why does it look less likely that we will not sign a free agent? Has something happened I haven't heard about? Has something changed since yesterday? Last week? Last month?

If you mean because of this game, you're better than that jp. You know one lost game or one lost series doesn't effect what these players and agents think. They look at a bigger picture than that.

And Fultz won't be ready to lead this team for 3-4 years. You draft him, sign IT and let them play together for a few years to see if Fultz is the real deal. If he is then you trade IT.

I agree with some of what you said, but how is it you know Fultz won't be ready to contribute ina year or two.  I will give you it will be an adjustment period as a rookie, but by year two he should be a major contributor.

How good can Fultz be? Is he a Tim Duncan or Lebron type of prospect, a franchise changing all time great, or a Kyrie Irving, James Harden type of player, or IT, Damien Lillard level?

If I had to bet all my TPs, I'd say an Irving/Harden.  Idk if this was mentioned in any of the comps thread, but a hybrid of Irving/Harden may be a really good projection.

Irving or lillard at best
doubt he'll score at that level but should be a better passer and mucin better defender than either of those guys.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #843 on: May 20, 2017, 12:07:47 AM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389

How good can Fultz be? Is he a Tim Duncan or Lebron type of prospect, a franchise changing all time great, or a Kyrie Irving, James Harden type of player, or IT, Damien Lillard level?

If I had to bet all my TPs, I'd say an Irving/Harden.  Idk if this was mentioned in any of the comps thread, but offensively a hybrid of Irving/Harden may be a really good projection.

Lillard uses burst to get to his spots on the floor.  Fultz looks to break guys down with his handle, hesitation, and timing.  Harden is in that mold. 
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #844 on: May 20, 2017, 12:15:27 AM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN

If I had to bet all my TPs, I'd say an Irving/Harden.  Idk if this was mentioned in any of the comps thread, but offensively a hybrid of Irving/Harden may be a really good projection.

Lillard uses burst to get to his spots on the floor.  Fultz looks to break guys down with his handle, hesitation, and timing.  Harden is in that mold. 
I say he's a Timmy/LBJ type, he's really good
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #845 on: May 20, 2017, 12:22:02 AM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
My point stands. Fultz won't be ready for years to come, 2-3 at earliest,  4-5 is most likely. His game needs massive work for him to supplant a 2 time All-Star, a 2nd Team All NBA player and 30 PPG scorer. You kepp him and IT until its time to part ways with IT. Earliest I say is 3 years from now.

« Reply #846 on: May 20, 2017, 12:30:22 AM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
My point stands. Fultz won't be ready for years to come, 2-3 at earliest,  4-5 is most likely. His game needs massive work for him to supplant a 2 time All-Star, a 2nd Team All NBA player and 30 PPG scorer. You kepp him and IT until its time to part ways with IT. Earliest I say is 3 years from now.

Pretty much the natural course.  He'd be somewhat affected by our guard rotation too, but I'm sure he'd develop nicely if drafted.  Wouldn't be shocked to see the pick traded either, but a slow rebuild does seem more conducive to creating a window of contention.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2017, 12:37:21 AM by tarheelsxxiii »
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #847 on: May 20, 2017, 12:31:10 AM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson

You are very much in the minority there. He's a great prospect but not even in those guys league imo.
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #848 on: May 20, 2017, 12:34:39 AM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
You can't move Al.

Listen to offers on thomas. If someone gives you a great offer(unlikely) then pull the trigger. Otherwise keep the 2 of them and exist as a pretender until the opportunity to leap to contention presents itself.

These playoffs have more solidified my stance on trading Bradley. It makes way too much sense.

« Reply #849 on: May 20, 2017, 12:36:22 AM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
did Brad make a mistake getting the Cs into the ECF?

« Reply #850 on: May 20, 2017, 12:41:45 AM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
did Brad make a mistake getting the Cs into the ECF?
Stupid question and you know it.

It can be argued that the Wizards came out of the playoffs looking better than us because they weren't slaughtered like thi, but the idea that Stevens made a mistake by winning the series is so asinine.

« Reply #851 on: May 20, 2017, 12:46:24 AM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald

You are very much in the minority there. He's a great prospect but not even in those guys league imo.
Well he is just so well rounded, he's also young af as well. Also has a great work ethic and is generally a smart kid. Imo that's rhe recipe for greatness, only helps when he's going to be up against good nba players from the get go in practice. He's the best PG prospect imo in the 21st century up till now(from 00 to 17 lol)
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #852 on: May 20, 2017, 12:52:39 AM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson

Well he is just so well rounded, he's also young af as well. Also has a great work ethic and is generally a smart kid. Imo that's rhe recipe for greatness, only helps when he's going to be up against good nba players from the get go in practice. He's the best PG prospect imo in the 21st century up till now(from 00 to 17 lol)
He can be the best pg prospect since Magic and still not be on the Duncan/James level

« Reply #853 on: May 20, 2017, 12:58:56 AM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald

He can be the best pg prospect since Magic and still not be on the Duncan/James level
Well...I just think he has that potential to average 30+ points and have close to double digit assists in his prime while leading a team to titles. Let's get back to this topic when he's actually playing for us in the nba next year lol
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #854 on: May 20, 2017, 01:06:20 AM »

Online mr. dee

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 598

Well...I just think he has that potential to average 30+ points and have close to double digit assists in his prime while leading a team to titles. Let's get back to this topic when he's actually playing for us in the nba next year lol

You can average 30+ pts and still not be a franchise player. See Jerry Stackhouse. If I want a franchise player, I want someone who impacts winning, not just pad flashy stats.