Author Topic: Cavaliers (1-0) at Celtics (0-1) ECF Game #2 5/19/17  (Read 80848 times)

Re: Cavaliers (1-0) at Celtics (0-1) ECF Game #2 5/19/17
« Reply #825 on: May 19, 2017, 11:05:25 PM »

Offline obnoxiousmime

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 258
It's funny, this team is almost made to lose to Cleveland. Cleveland are good at everything the Celtics are bad at.

You mean basketball?

« Reply #826 on: May 19, 2017, 11:08:00 PM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1474
The Dump IT comments crack me up.  He's not going anywhere.

He is not gettin a max deal from boston either
I got plenty of TPs to bet you on that one. Danny will max him out.

I would've agreed before the lottery, but unless Fultz comes out and is less than impressive, I don't see it now that we'll have his replacement already drafted. Further, with it looking less and less likely that we'll sign a major free agent this summer and that we're anywhere close to matching Cleveland, I don't see why we would.

His lack of size is just too much of a liability, he's too easy to gameplan for, and he requires to specialized of a team around him to justify a full max for him, especially when we'll have Fultz already in waiting.
Why does it look less likely that we will not sign a free agent? Has something happened I haven't heard about? Has something changed since yesterday? Last week? Last month?

If you mean because of this game, you're better than that jp. You know one lost game or one lost series doesn't effect what these players and agents think. They look at a bigger picture than that.

And Fultz won't be ready to lead this team for 3-4 years. You draft him, sign IT and let them play together for a few years to see if Fultz is the real deal. If he is then you trade IT.

I agree with some of what you said, but how is it you know Fultz won't be ready to contribute ina year or two.  I will give you it will be an adjustment period as a rookie, but by year two he should be a major contributor.

« Reply #827 on: May 19, 2017, 11:09:57 PM »

Offline hodgy03038

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 440
  • Marcus Smart #1 Fan
My first playoff game ever I turned off at halftime. How can this team lay such a big egg in front of all the loyal fans? It seems like only a couple guys on the team play with real heart and pride. So many stupid turnovers trying to make the "home run" pass rather than just swing the ball to an open shooter. Sure he would have missed but it's better than not even getting a shot. IT is totally irrelevant in this series. I think it's time to put him on the bench and start Smart.

« Reply #828 on: May 19, 2017, 11:10:52 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
ok this is year 4 of a rebuild and they say we are 2 years ahead? so this is what we should look like after 6?

we have at leat 3 years left to go

LOL nice try but that is not how the math works. We are two years ahead means we reached the ECF finals two years ahead of schedule, and this is what happens when you overachieve. Get it? By year 6 we will now be much better and maybe win the championship if the progression continues. Get it?

« Reply #829 on: May 19, 2017, 11:13:35 PM »

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1553
lets see how we respond.

BWAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAAH

we are done like dinner..........u saw how we responded to that ass whipping first game

this wasnt even a game it was a 3 ring circus a joke
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #830 on: May 19, 2017, 11:14:44 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3175

I would've agreed before the lottery, but unless Fultz comes out and is less than impressive, I don't see it now that we'll have his replacement already drafted. Further, with it looking less and less likely that we'll sign a major free agent this summer and that we're anywhere close to matching Cleveland, I don't see why we would.

His lack of size is just too much of a liability, he's too easy to gameplan for, and he requires to specialized of a team around him to justify a full max for him, especially when we'll have Fultz already in waiting.
Why does it look less likely that we will not sign a free agent? Has something happened I haven't heard about? Has something changed since yesterday? Last week? Last month?

If you mean because of this game, you're better than that jp. You know one lost game or one lost series doesn't effect what these players and agents think. They look at a bigger picture than that.

And Fultz won't be ready to lead this team for 3-4 years. You draft him, sign IT and let them play together for a few years to see if Fultz is the real deal. If he is then you trade IT.

I agree with some of what you said, but how is it you know Fultz won't be ready to contribute ina year or two.  I will give you it will be an adjustment period as a rookie, but by year two he should be a major contributor.

Fultz is the most NBA ready guy in this draft.

« Reply #831 on: May 19, 2017, 11:16:34 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
My first playoff game ever I turned off at halftime. How can this team lay such a big egg in front of all the loyal fans? It seems like only a couple guys on the team play with real heart and pride. So many stupid turnovers trying to make the "home run" pass rather than just swing the ball to an open shooter. Sure he would have missed but it's better than not even getting a shot. IT is totally irrelevant in this series. I think it's time to put him on the bench and start Smart.

The team just put away NBA darlings Washington Wizards in a gut wrenching 7 game series, then the NBA hands them to the Cavs + 3 and you really think they did not play with heart. What a tough crowd. The Cavs knew that all they had to do was run the Cs off the court, and that is exactly what they did. The Cs rather than slow the game down decided to run with the rested team. This was a formula for what you have seen so far.

« Reply #832 on: May 19, 2017, 11:18:01 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700

How good can Fultz be? Is he a Tim Duncan or Lebron type of prospect, a franchise changing all time great, or a Kyrie Irving, James Harden type of player, or IT, Damien Lillard level?

« Reply #833 on: May 19, 2017, 11:18:42 PM »

• Dennis Johnson
ok this is year 4 of a rebuild and they say we are 2 years ahead? so this is what we should look like after 6?

LOL nice try but that is not how the math works. We are two years ahead means we reached the ECF finals two years ahead of schedule, and this is what happens when you overachieve. Get it? By year 6 we will now be much better and maybe win the championship if the progression continues. Get it?

you missed the point. we will NOT keep hitting the ECF now every year just because we did this year. we have tons of work to do before we can even think of beating this team. we may face them in semis or quarters next time. who knows??? then we are done. get it? get it? get it?   means nothing with a two team league right now.
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #834 on: May 19, 2017, 11:22:41 PM »

• Dennis Johnson
keep prepping for future.......quit worrying about winning now.....load up. let kids play and get experience and get good at this level then grab FA's who can put you over the top. plenty on this team are not getting us over the top face it people.  trade for picks
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #835 on: May 19, 2017, 11:24:23 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman

you missed the point. we will NOT keep hitting the ECF now every year just because we did this year. we have tons of work to do before we can even think of beating this team. we may face them in semis or quarters next time. who knows??? then we are done. get it? get it? get it?   means nothing with a two team league right now.

Well, thanks for making my point.

« Reply #836 on: May 19, 2017, 11:39:32 PM »

Offline PAOBoston

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 533
Sounds like IT is done for the series. Injury is significant.

« Reply #837 on: May 19, 2017, 11:39:43 PM »

Offline mr. dee

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 597

His defense needs work.

« Reply #838 on: May 19, 2017, 11:47:04 PM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389

How good can Fultz be? Is he a Tim Duncan or Lebron type of prospect, a franchise changing all time great, or a Kyrie Irving, James Harden type of player, or IT, Damien Lillard level?

If I had to bet all my TPs, I'd say an Irving/Harden.  Idk if this was mentioned in any of the comps thread, but offensively a hybrid of Irving/Harden may be a really good projection. 
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #839 on: May 19, 2017, 11:50:02 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867

If I had to bet all my TPs, I'd say an Irving/Harden.  Idk if this was mentioned in any of the comps thread, but a hybrid of Irving/Harden may be a really good projection.

Irving or lillard at best