Author Topic: What's Wrong With Isaiah?  (Read 7936 times)

Re: What's Wrong With Isaiah?
« Reply #60 on: May 18, 2017, 10:48:39 PM »

Offline Future Celtics Owner

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 191
  • Celtic's only raise championship Banners
So if we think he's useless, what do we expect to get back in a trade?

Good question. Worth a new thread to figure out which teams if any would be interested enough in him to give us something decent-to-good in return? He's not completely useless. He's a regular season MVP candidate. Just useless in the playoffs.

Wow, I just perused all the teams using the ESPN trade machine, and, wow...there's almost no team (Dallas?) that would be interested in him. Besides us. Sigh.
What about a trade with the Sixers for Saric and the Sacramento 2019 unprotected first?

I'd do it, you'd do it, but why would Philly?
They need a point guard. IT was just voted for the All-NBA teams and he is considered an MVP candidate. He is a very good player just not what the C's need right now.

If you think that's not enough value for Philly let's say we throw in a sweetener as well.

IT + Boston 2018 for Saric and Sacramento 2019 (or something like that)

I mean, I'm just trying to put ideas out there for discussion. If you have a better idea in mind I'm all ears.

Nah, no better idea. It's a good idea. Belated TP.
Just have doubts Philly would do it.
Reports say they are interested highly in JJ redick. AB is better and younger, though he has 1 year left on deal. If we sign Hayward maybe: AB and Smart 4 Okafor and unprotected 2019 first and filler.

I'm not willing to give up Smart for Okafor. Smart guards Bigs better than Okafor does. Just play Smart at center. :)
So you actually think Smart is going to see the same minutes next year....not even close IMO. Fultz and Brown will be getting significant minutes between them spread through the 1,2, and 3.  Anyways, Smart has 1 year until he is a RFA and we will not be extending him unless something unforeseen happens. We also have Rozier.

« Reply #61 on: May 18, 2017, 10:58:14 PM »

Offline Jvalin

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 737
So are 484 of the 485 other players that played in the NBA this season.

Are there any other stars this postseason or recent postseasons who've been similarly shut down?

Are there any other stars that have dragged a team like Boston to the Conference Finals in the past few years?
It depends on what you mean when you say ''a team like Boston''.

Off the top of my head

DeRozan in 2016
Millsap in 2015
Marc Gasol in 2013

No, no and no.  Derozan and Lowry on one team is a 1a and 1b situation and we don't have a 1b. Millsap and Horford in the frontcourt with Bazemore and the offense running through Korver before he tanked is legit, that team won 60 games and were better than this team.  Memphis also had a great frontcourt in 2013 with Randolph and Gasol in their primes plus Conley who is now overpaid, but is a stud.  I think Kawhi this year is really the only other guy besides IT.
We have Horford as well
Bazemore Carroll = Crowder
Korver < Bradley
Teague < IT
Millsap >>> Amir

The 2015 Atlanta team is as close of an example as it gets.

« Reply #62 on: May 19, 2017, 08:49:33 PM »

Offline Dino Pitino

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 219
Still hounding him into oblivion.  :(
"Young man, you have the question backwards." - Bill Russell

"My guess is that an aggregator of expert opinions would be close in terms of results to that of Danny." - Roy H.

« Reply #63 on: May 19, 2017, 09:42:50 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2404
Gotta be injured. This is too bad.

« Reply #64 on: May 19, 2017, 10:02:15 PM »

Offline Dino Pitino

• NCE
  • Don Chaney

No, he was injured later in the 2nd quarter. He sucked this bad in Game 1, too, when he wasn't injured, and he sucked all of this game, too, before the injury.

"My guess is that an aggregator of expert opinions would be close in terms of results to that of Danny." - Roy H.

« Reply #65 on: May 19, 2017, 10:05:17 PM »

Offline Banner18now!

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 81
He's 5"8 and can be eliminted from a game that's what's wrong.

« Reply #66 on: May 19, 2017, 10:11:24 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Broken heart

« Reply #67 on: May 19, 2017, 10:15:34 PM »

Online kraidstar

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 2484

After game 7 of the Wiz series IT confirmed he has been receiving treatment for an injury. one of his teammates had brought it up earlier in the press conference.

There were no specifics.

« Reply #68 on: May 19, 2017, 10:15:49 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834

No, he was injured later in the 2nd quarter. He sucked this bad in Game 1, too, when he wasn't injured, and he sucked all of this game, too, before the injury.

He's been hurt since last series.

« Reply #69 on: May 21, 2017, 04:25:38 PM »

Offline rochrist

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 17

do you think IT4 can impost his will against anybody/team?

He was double teammed vs the Wizards and did a good job passing the ball

Against the Cavs they don't have to double team him... he has problems against their versatile defense.... IT4 couldn't past Lebron 1 on 1

If he tries to drive ... guys like Lebron, Thompson are waiting for him

Teams like the Spurs and Cavs make him look ordinary

This. ^^^^

Isaiah is rendered useless by the Cavs. Worse than useless, a net negative.
That's exactly why we got to trade him, especially now that we have a replacement in Fultz.

IT for Myles Turner straight up.

The C's bring in a rebounder-rim protector who can stretch the floor and at the same time they free up enough cap space to go after Hayward.

Indy enters win-now mode in order to keep Paul George.

Fultz - Smart
Bradley - Brown
Hayward - Crowder
Turner - Yab
Horford - Zizic

Next year we draft a long term replacement for Horford with the Nets 2018 pick (Ayton/Bamba) and we build a team with an open contention window for the next decade or so.

No.

« Reply #70 on: May 21, 2017, 04:26:14 PM »

Offline rochrist

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 17

He's been hurt since March.

« Reply #71 on: May 21, 2017, 05:11:50 PM »

Offline Dino Pitino

• NCE
  • Don Chaney

He's been hurt since March.

Has he been hurt since the Cavs series two years ago or the Hawks series last year? He's been shut down in the playoffs before, before any injury. The injury only underlined that. Makes the four or so big games that he managed to have anyway this postseason even more impressive. But still, it's not like he was going to have his way with the Cavs sans injury. They were going to hound him either way. Just like they did before.