Author Topic: What's Wrong With Isaiah?  (Read 7938 times)

Re: What's Wrong With Isaiah?
« Reply #15 on: May 18, 2017, 05:17:58 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867

« Reply #16 on: May 18, 2017, 05:26:32 PM »

Offline mmmmm

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 862
He's 5'7
He is 5'10 1/4, in fact.

Or perhaps 5'8".

https://www.boston.com/sports/boston-celtics/2016/04/15/isaiah-thomas-height-5-8/amp

Or ... how about we just go by what he's been actually measured at?

2011 NBA Draft Combine:  5' 8.75" w/o shoes, 5' 10.25" w/shoes.

He was actually measured as slightly taller still at the D-Will Camp and the Nets workout later that year, but let's stick with the above, since that was done with the most eyes watching and by folks who probably had no particular agenda.

Isaiah pretty consistently likes to play up the 'underdog' chip that he carries on his shoulder.  And that's fine.  But just because he says he's shorter than he really is doesn't make him any shorter.

KG famously kept himself listed at 6' 11" when everyone knew he was at least 7'.  He didn't want to be pigeon-holed as a center.

NBA Officiating - Corrupt?  Incompetent?  Which is worse?  Does it matter?  It sucks.

« Reply #17 on: May 18, 2017, 05:38:06 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
I think the loss of confidence recently is palpable, especially last night. He was missing bunnies. Sorry, regular season IT does not miss those. 

« Reply #18 on: May 18, 2017, 05:40:43 PM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #19 on: May 18, 2017, 05:42:49 PM »

Offline droopdog7

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 466
Was he supposed to get 50 points every time?  This is the playoffs and defenses really start to focus on your strengths. 

« Reply #20 on: May 18, 2017, 05:47:42 PM »

Offline Dino Pitino

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 219
I think the loss of confidence recently is palpable, especially last night. He was missing bunnies. Sorry, regular season IT does not miss those.

He was missing bunnies because the Cavs were successfully hounding him. He's not going to get his confidence back unless they stop succeeding at that, not the other way around.
"Young man, you have the question backwards." - Bill Russell

"My guess is that an aggregator of expert opinions would be close in terms of results to that of Danny." - Roy H.

« Reply #21 on: May 18, 2017, 05:56:45 PM »

Offline ThaPreacher

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 174
  • THA PREACHER

IT has not played well in the playoffs until this year.  He has not played well against Cleveland in the playoffs. Period. Yes he has scored. But has not played well.

Lebron can do things to players heads. He can do things.....
"Just do what you do best."  -Red Auerbach-

« Reply #22 on: May 18, 2017, 05:59:16 PM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
What's right with Isaiah? Total loser.
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #23 on: May 18, 2017, 06:00:54 PM »

Offline ThaPreacher

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 174
  • THA PREACHER

IT has not played well in the playoffs until this year.  He has not played well against Cleveland in the playoffs. Period. Yes he has scored. But has not played well.

I'm telling you, Lebron has voodoo magic. He can do things to players heads.....He can do things...
"Just do what you do best."  -Red Auerbach-

« Reply #24 on: May 18, 2017, 06:05:38 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup

I'm telling you, Lebron has voodoo magic. He can do things to players heads.....He can do things...

Fans too
Yup

« Reply #25 on: May 18, 2017, 06:12:42 PM »

Offline cousytoheinsohn

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 33
There's nothing wrong, per se.

It's some combination of being worn out from carrying the load all year and being regularly double-and-triple-teamed in the playoffs. Hopefully, Danny will get him the help he deserves and the Cs desperately need in the form of another, at least, dependable scorer.

Consider where the Celtics would be without him. You can easily make a case for him as league MVP.

I believe he is.

« Reply #26 on: May 18, 2017, 06:15:26 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
I think he's worn down. 

He has had one helluva season but that has to take a toll at some point.  Especially on his frame.

THIS ^

He carries too much scoring load .   He seems very content to scorre 20 a game instead of 40 ,  plus IT has to work twice as hard on D because he is so small.....even to do decent ......so he is toally wiped out and has no energy for his offense.....as he doesn't want t let his  tamates down defensively.   

« Reply #27 on: May 18, 2017, 06:23:49 PM »

Offline Dino Pitino

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
There's nothing wrong, per se.

It's some combination of being worn out from carrying the load all year and being regularly double-and-triple-teamed in the playoffs. Hopefully, Danny will get him the help he deserves and the Cs desperately need in the form of another, at least, dependable scorer.

Consider where the Celtics would be without him. You can easily make a case for him as league MVP.

I believe he is.

Regular season MVP, sure, maybe. But in the playoffs, he's shut-down-able. As mentioned above, it ain't just the Cavs, either. Under 20 points in 4 of the last 6 games. Hawks neutralized him last year, too. And if he isn't handling the scoring load, then he is a net negative thanks to his defense. He is a warrior, but he just isn't built -- literally, he's just too small -- for the playoffs.

"My guess is that an aggregator of expert opinions would be close in terms of results to that of Danny." - Roy H.

« Reply #28 on: May 18, 2017, 06:25:25 PM »

Offline OldSchoolDude

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 79
He's 5'7

LOL!

These playoffs should convince the IT apologists that his hight actually is an issue, despite all he has achieved and brings to the team offensively.

Also, it looks like IT just qualified for the the designated player veteran exception clause, so he can get a supper max deal.  He said he wants to back up the brinks truck, well now he qualifies for it.  Which I think is a problem for him, because I do not think Boston is going to give it to him.   

« Reply #29 on: May 18, 2017, 06:33:27 PM »

Offline Dino Pitino

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
The height issue shows up in the playoffs because defenders are giving 100-110% instead of 90-95% and that translates into an extra inch or extra foot closer so they are catching up to all his moves which even during the regular season only afford him a tiny margin of error and require of him 100-110% to make...he has no extra gear to shift to as a counter.