Author Topic: Trade #1 for Porzingis  (Read 14258 times)

Re: Trade #1 for Porzingis
« Reply #75 on: May 22, 2017, 12:58:38 PM »

Offline Granath

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 567
There's really only two realistic trades for Porzingis.

If NYK wants to build long-term: This year's and Jaylen Brown, Jae Crowder for KP.

If NYK wants to compete next year: IT4, Jae Crowder, next year's brooklyn pick for KP

Danny would die laughing at that kind of absurd offer. Zinger wouldn't net the #1 pick never mind Brown and Crowder.

Hey, I have an offer that's just as realistic as those. Let's trade the #37 and Memphis' 1st rounder for Zinger! Doesn't that sound swell?

Or were you thinking "Anthony Davis" and instead typed in "Porzingis"?
Jaylen Brown will be an All Star in the next 5 years.

« Reply #76 on: May 22, 2017, 01:18:01 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2704
No I've heard this too. Look at pictures of him next to Demarcus Cousins. Durant is a legit 7'.
Cousins is not even 6'11 in shoes...

edit: Either way, this argument is largely semantic. I'll grant you that Durant is likely closer to 6'11 than to 6'9, but his inclusion in this example is odd either way.

Tall guys have durability issues not because they're tall, but because they're generally heavier and jumping up and down for a living when you're ~300 lbs. can do a number on your lower body and your ankles and knees in specific.

For Durant, this isn't really an issue for obvious reasons. Although for really tall guys being rail-thin isn't too good either -- you're more likely to get injured when there isn't enough muscle to support the joints.

It has been an issue for Durant though, He missed a lot of time with a foot fracture.

« Reply #77 on: May 22, 2017, 01:30:07 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1549
There's really only two realistic trades for Porzingis.

If NYK wants to build long-term: This year's and Jaylen Brown, Jae Crowder for KP.

If NYK wants to compete next year: IT4, Jae Crowder, next year's brooklyn pick for KP

Danny would die laughing at that kind of absurd offer. Zinger wouldn't net the #1 pick never mind Brown and Crowder.

Hey, I have an offer that's just as realistic as those. Let's trade the #37 and Memphis' 1st rounder for Zinger! Doesn't that sound swell?

Or were you thinking "Anthony Davis" and instead typed in "Porzingis"?
I think 1 for Zinger is fairly reasonable but agree including more is just silly
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip