Author Topic: Trade #1 for Porzingis  (Read 14254 times)

Re: Trade #1 for Porzingis
« Reply #60 on: May 18, 2017, 11:21:19 AM »

Offline max215

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 624
I don't have the slightest reservation about MF's height, as far as I'm concerned, he has good size and is about the closest thing to a flawless prospect as we could hope for.
Flawless than Porzingis? Does Porzingis have any major flaws?
Um... can't rebound all that well, can be muscled around, is somewhat fragile, tends to wear down over the course of a full 82 game season... there is plenty to see if you'd look.

Can't create offense for himself, isn't a particularly efficient scorer nor near the shooter he's made out to be, doesn't project to be an effective defender at either big spot. His flaws are numerous to say the least.
Isaiah, you were lightning in a bottle.

DKC Clippers

« Reply #61 on: May 18, 2017, 11:24:32 AM »

Offline CsBanner18

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 21
No. We're drafting Markelle Fultz. Porzingis' rookie contract is almost up, so he'll need to be PAID soon. Fultz has star potential and we'll have him for 4 years on a rookie deal. Which stills allows us to pay Hayward. We can use the Room exception to sign a veteran big man. And we'll add Zizic. Hopefully we can create enough cap space to sign Yabusele.

« Reply #62 on: May 18, 2017, 11:25:45 AM »

Offline Darío SpanishFan

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 141
I don't have the slightest reservation about MF's height, as far as I'm concerned, he has good size and is about the closest thing to a flawless prospect as we could hope for.
Um... can't rebound all that well, can be muscled around, is somewhat fragile, tends to wear down over the course of a full 82 game season... there is plenty to see if you'd look.

Can't create offense for himself, isn't a particularly efficient scorer nor near the shooter he's made out to be, doesn't project to be an effective defender at either big spot. His flaws are numerous to say the least.

I don't think you've seen Porzingis play regularly  ::)

« Reply #63 on: May 18, 2017, 11:27:55 AM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
Dirk is 7'0 and is still killing it.
Kevin Durant is 7'0 and is an MVP candidate for the next 5 years.
Dirk has been just ok for 3-4 years now and Durant is 6'9. Way to rewrite the facts.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #64 on: May 18, 2017, 11:36:44 AM »

Offline max215

• Don Nelson
Dirk has been just ok for 3-4 years now and Durant is 6'9. Way to rewrite the facts.

Durant is listed at 6'9. It's widely accepted that he's grown.

DKC Clippers

« Reply #65 on: May 18, 2017, 11:37:38 AM »

Offline max215

• Don Nelson

I actually have, which is why I don't think he's flawless. He's a very, very good prospect. He's not as good as Markelle.

DKC Clippers

« Reply #66 on: May 18, 2017, 11:38:43 AM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett

It's not widely accepted that he's seven feet tall.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #67 on: May 18, 2017, 11:44:32 AM »

Offline CelticsFan166

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 133

No I've heard this too. Look at pictures of him next to Demarcus Cousins. Durant is a legit 7'.

« Reply #68 on: May 18, 2017, 11:47:01 AM »

Offline Dannys Chipotle Guy

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 48

KD is 6'9" without shoes and has probably grown since then. Most guys KD's size would be listed at 6'11" or 7'

« Reply #69 on: May 18, 2017, 11:50:46 AM »

Offline Dannys Chipotle Guy

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 48

I actually have, which is why I don't think he's flawless. He's a very, very good prospect. He's not as good as Markelle.
Havent seen enough of the Zinger to make a really good evaluation, but based on what I have seen, I think hes a terrific prospect. Ive seen nothing from him to suggest hes a superstar. He doesnt seem to really be able to create his own offense, hes shockingly bad on defense and he is also remarkably bad on the boards.

Plus, I am factoring in the New York hype machine and just assuming he is at least a little bit overrated.

« Reply #70 on: May 18, 2017, 11:52:58 AM »

Offline max215

• Don Nelson

Havent seen enough of the Zinger to make a really good evaluation, but based on what I have seen, I think hes a terrific prospect. Ive seen nothing from him to suggest hes a superstar. He doesnt seem to really be able to create his own offense, hes shockingly bad on defense and he is also remarkably bad on the boards.

Plus, I am factoring in the New York hype machine and just assuming he is at least a little bit overrated.

I believe you have a pretty good understanding of his game. Even if you haven't watched him "enough," you've probably seen a lot more of him than those who think he's a franchise-shaping superstar.

DKC Clippers

« Reply #71 on: May 18, 2017, 11:53:26 AM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
No I've heard this too. Look at pictures of him next to Demarcus Cousins. Durant is a legit 7'.
Cousins is not even 6'11 in shoes...

edit: Either way, this argument is largely semantic. I'll grant you that Durant is likely closer to 6'11 than to 6'9, but his inclusion in this example is odd either way.

Tall guys have durability issues not because they're tall, but because they're generally heavier and jumping up and down for a living when you're ~300 lbs. can do a number on your lower body and your ankles and knees in specific.

For Durant, this isn't really an issue for obvious reasons. Although for really tall guys being rail-thin isn't too good either -- you're more likely to get injured when there isn't enough muscle to support the joints.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2017, 12:02:37 PM by kozlodoev »

« Reply #72 on: May 18, 2017, 03:38:11 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834

Apples and oranges really. Porzingis fills greater current need.

« Reply #73 on: May 21, 2017, 01:23:00 AM »

Offline Quetzalcoatl

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 419
I'm on the keep Fultz train all the way, but if there were any way we could get Porzingis without giving up Fultz I would jump on it.

It seems like it is getting more likely, too: http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/basketball/knicks/meeting-porzingis-brother-phil-accomplishes-article-1.3181876

« Reply #74 on: May 22, 2017, 12:56:38 PM »

Offline coffee425

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 122
There's really only two realistic trades for Porzingis.

If NYK wants to build long-term: This year's and Jaylen Brown, Jae Crowder for KP.

If NYK wants to compete next year: IT4, Jae Crowder, next year's brooklyn pick for KP
Even at the end of the game, we lined up in different formation that he hadn't seen and he called out our play before I got the ball. I heard him calling it out. -John Wall on Brad Stevens