Author Topic: Trade #1 for Porzingis  (Read 14302 times)

Re: Trade #1 for Porzingis
« Reply #15 on: May 17, 2017, 01:07:05 PM »

Offline oldtype

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 143
Ok, who is Fultz game most compared to in the NBA?

Harden?
Beal?
Caldwell-Pope?
Russell?

How is his defense? We can't have IT and Fultz weak on defense.

Hard to establish a comp for Fultz because he genuinely has no weaknesses in terms of shooting/athleticism/handling/passing.  Harden is probably the best comp, but Fultz is more athletic. (Not saying that he'll be as good as Harden, of course. Just in terms of characteristics.)

Great words from a great man

« Reply #16 on: May 17, 2017, 01:09:11 PM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1008
No, I want Anthony Davis or I hang up the phone!!!

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #17 on: May 17, 2017, 01:14:40 PM »

Offline Casperian

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 545
No. Porzingis will be a good player and gets a lot of attention because he's in New York, but Fultz is a different class of prospect. We are talking about somebody on the Anthony Davis/Karl Towns/Ben Simmons level here.

We're also talking about a Point Guard, the most stacked position in the league. This draft alone has more than 5 interesting PG prospects, and that trend won't change for the forseeable future. The draft is a crapshoot, after all.

I wouldn't do it, mainly because I'm not that high on KP, and believe Fultz is the better talent, but I wouldn't rule it out, either.
In the summer of 2017, I predicted this team would not win a championship for the next 10 years.

3 down, 7 to go.

« Reply #18 on: May 17, 2017, 01:18:23 PM »

Offline Future Celtics Owner

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 191
  • Celtic's only raise championship Banners
What concerns me about Fultz is he didn't elevate his team like Ball did. He's a scorer but his team was very bad.
ball had a team to elevate. fultz did not.

i believe, though this is purely speculation and guess work, that if ball had been on the UW team they still would not have made the playoffs. this pains me as an alum of UW, but that team was terrible aside from fultz.
"What Lorenzo Romar did to Fultz's freshman season was a basketball tragedy.

The new associate head coach for Sean Miller and the Arizona Wildcats is one of the nation's finest recruiters and is a beloved figure in the thriving Pacific Northwest basketball community, but it's almost impossible to lose that many games with a player as talented as Fultz.

Fultz was born to play in a spread pick-and-roll system surrounded by shooters, giving him space to operate. Romar, instead, chose to keep the floor cramped with two non-shooting big men for most of Fultz's minutes. It's a miracle Fultz was still somehow able to find room, but he had to have perfect possessions every single trip down the floor in order for the Huskies to get a clean look at the rim."

http://www.nbadraft.net/situational-analysis-markelle-fultz

« Reply #19 on: May 17, 2017, 01:21:13 PM »

Offline pp34isthe1

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 40
Yes, as long as we get the #8 back as well.

« Reply #20 on: May 17, 2017, 01:29:07 PM »

Offline Jvalin

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 737
No. Porzingis will be a good player and gets a lot of attention because he's in New York, but Fultz is a different class of prospect. We are talking about somebody on the Anthony Davis/Karl Towns/Ben Simmons level here.
Besides Magic who stands at 6-9, have you even seen a point guard being that dominant in this league? I mean, Davis is/was projected to be the next KG. Towns might be the closest thing we 've seen to Tim Duncan.

« Reply #21 on: May 17, 2017, 01:36:21 PM »

Offline max215

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 624
Ok, who is Fultz game most compared to in the NBA?

Harden?
Beal?
Caldwell-Pope?
Russell?

How is his defense? We can't have IT and Fultz weak on defense.

Closest to Harden, but he's pretty unique. He's an elite scorer and distributor. His size, skill, and athleticism allow him to get any shot he wants. He's a terrible defender right now, but he has absolutely elite size and excellent athleticism, so he has the foundation to become an elite defender. He has the potential to be a franchise-changing superstar. He's on a tier above Porzingis.
Isaiah, you were lightning in a bottle.

DKC Clippers

« Reply #22 on: May 17, 2017, 01:48:15 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
Besides Magic who stands at 6-9, have you even seen a point guard being that dominant in this league? I mean, Davis is/was projected to be the next KG. Towns might be the closest thing we 've seen to Tim Duncan.
You mean other than Steph Curry, Russel Wesbrook, James Harden and Allen Iverson?
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #23 on: May 17, 2017, 02:00:40 PM »

Offline Casperian

• Ray Allen
You mean other than Steph Curry, Russel Wesbrook, James Harden and Allen Iverson?

Yeah, and of those four, only Curry has a championship, and he was drafted 7th. In that same draft, Hasheem Thabeet and Jonny Flynn were drafted ahead of him.
In the summer of 2017, I predicted this team would not win a championship for the next 10 years.

3 down, 7 to go.

« Reply #24 on: May 17, 2017, 02:02:08 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294

Yeah, and of those four, only Curry has a championship, and he was drafted 7th. In that same draft, Hasheem Thabeet and Jonny Flynn were drafted ahead of him.
And?
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #25 on: May 17, 2017, 02:06:00 PM »

Offline Chief Macho

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 84
this is a interesting idea.  KP would be a much better fit for our current team and give them a Kelly O like Kelly O played in game seven every night.     It's close to me.

« Reply #26 on: May 17, 2017, 02:06:45 PM »

Offline Geo123

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 33

You are kidding right?  Anthony Davis is a first team ALL NBA type player, KAT is moving towards top 25.  IMO you can't even mention Simmons in the same paragraph with those other 2 and the same goes for Fultz. 

« Reply #27 on: May 17, 2017, 02:09:17 PM »

Offline Geo123

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 33
No, I want Anthony Davis or I hang up the phone!!!

NO would laugh and NEVER make the call.   You wouldn't get AD even if you added IT and others to the deal....

« Reply #28 on: May 17, 2017, 02:10:15 PM »

Offline Casperian

• Ray Allen

And?

That means the draft is a crapshoot.

C'mon koz, that I have to explain that to you of all people is kinda ridiculous.

3 down, 7 to go.

« Reply #29 on: May 17, 2017, 02:18:46 PM »

Offline max215

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 624

And?

That means the draft is a crapshoot.

C'mon koz, that I have to explain that to you of all people is kinda ridiculous.

Historically, the #1 overall pick is FAR from a crapshoot. There are busts, but #1 usually turns out pretty [dang] well.
Isaiah, you were lightning in a bottle.

DKC Clippers