Author Topic: Good News on Ball  (Read 2345 times)

Good News on Ball
« on: May 17, 2017, 10:30:09 AM »

Offline tankcity!

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 129
Thank god the Lakers are drafting this kid. Should be a fun rivalry for years. Will be easy to hate them because of Ball's dad.

Jonathan Givony‏Verified account @DraftExpress  17m17 minutes ago
More
Word out of LA is Lonzo Ball is heavy favorite at #2, but will take a long hard look at De'Aaron Fox too. Hoping for a head to head workout.

Re: Good News on Ball
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2017, 11:49:38 AM »

Offline droopdog7

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 466
It's good news because Ball is overrated as a prospect.  The inability to get his own offense knocks him down a couple of pegs in my eyes.

« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2017, 11:51:16 AM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
The question is whether LA would want Ball over Fultz... because then there's room to roll the dice and profit ;)
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2017, 11:54:29 AM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
The question is whether LA would want Ball over Fultz... because then there's room to roll the dice and profit ;)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=11pj3dHz-Ao

« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2017, 11:57:19 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
It's good news because Ball is overrated as a prospect.  The inability to get his own offense knocks him down a couple of pegs in my eyes.
Fox really showed him up in the tournament too. Not as enamoured as others seem to be
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2017, 11:59:44 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Dont want see Fox... So hope kings or suns draft him
Not lakers, 76ers

« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2017, 12:00:09 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619

It'd take a little more than that.  It's pretty obvious the Celtics prefer Fultz and that Ball is trying to force his way to LA.  So you'd need Philly to prefer Ball as well, because then there's a viable team for the Celtics to trade with that could take Ball from LA.

Otherwise, the Lakers can just sit at 2 and get their guy.

« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2017, 12:01:44 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
Lavar reiterated that he wants Alonzo in LA mentioned that he thought Boston would turn him into a shooting guard and "Lonzo's a point. He's always been a point"
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2017, 12:02:41 PM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196
I think Ball is going to be a stud in the Jason Kidd mold. I know fox owned him, but I watched a bunch of UCLA games this year where he had total control over the game.

His shot is awkward, but once he gets it to its release point he is a very good shooter from deep with range out to 25 ft.

I think Fultz is more of a CP3 type.

For our team going forward, I take Fultz

« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2017, 12:09:04 PM »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427
I kinda want Ball to go to the Lakers, just imagine their current situation and how the team can implode if Lavar runs his mouth along with Russel and Young's ego

man that locker room is gonna have a lot of chaos

Lavar's quote from yesterday
"I told him he was going to go to the Lakers. I'm gonna speak it into existence," LaVar said.

"Boston's going to take their Markelle Fultz; he's a good player. I think he fits best with Boston. But you can't bring him to L.A., he ain't ready for this. Only one person's ready for this: It's that Ball boy."

"I know I must be a genius to plan it this way," LaVar added. "[Lonzo's] number has always been No. 2, and guess what he's going. No. 2…to the Lakers, baby! Here we come."

source: http://www.hotnewhiphop.com/watch-lavar-and-lonzo-react-to-lakers-getting-2nd-pick-in-nba-draft-news.32520.html

the ego on this man

« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2017, 12:09:31 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2404
Lonzo Ball and D'Angelo Russell could be a fun two guard backcourt. Share the ball-handling. Share the playmaking. They could develop a very nice and entertaining partnership. 

« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2017, 12:16:47 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294

It'd take a little more than that.  It's pretty obvious the Celtics prefer Fultz and that Ball is trying to force his way to LA.  So you'd need Philly to prefer Ball as well, because then there's a viable team for the Celtics to trade with that could take Ball from LA.

Otherwise, the Lakers can just sit at 2 and get their guy.
No, we can just draft Ball and get Fultz and a little extra from the Lakers. Don't need a third team.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2017, 12:21:09 PM »

Online celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 659
  • MASTER OF PANIC
Ball is everything Magic Johnson wants as he starts this process. Flashy with and highly visable. He is exactly what the Lakers are all about. Brash, loud and local. No way on Earth he passes on him