Author Topic: De'Aaron Fox tells teams at NBA Combine he's best point guard in Draft  (Read 9905 times)

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Fox is a special guard. I wouldn't be shocked if he ended up being correct.  He outplayed Lonzo Ball in their tournament game... You really can't stop a guard with his type of speed in the NBA

I agree...he rocked Ball. On both ends. Ball couldnt keep up with him on the defense...at one point he didnt even want to guard him and someone else from UCLA was

Would have been nice to have seen Fultz vs Fox matchup...just to see how they compare

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
Fox defensive potential. Pesky defender.

Starting at 7 min 40 sec ..

https://youtu.be/yRieQQH2xMQ

Offline tankcity!

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 129
I love Fox. I think he's better than Ball. I mean this is a great draft so I think the top 5 is debatable. Fultz is the only guy who has separated himself imo.

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
I love Fox. I think he's better than Ball. I mean this is a great draft so I think the top 5 is debatable. Fultz is the only guy who has separated himself imo.

What do you think is Fultz ceiling and Fox ceiling?

Fultz looks like a cross between Russell/Lillard

And Fox a cross between Schroeder/Wall

Offline GreenEnvy

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1031
With the number 1 pick in the NBA draft, the Celtics select De'Aaron Fox.

Seriously ?   ;D
At least trade down
Sometimes, with Ainge, you have no idea lol. I honestly would not be shocked if he drafted someone out of left field (But I think he's smart enough to draft Fultz in this case).

I agree...with Rozier, Brown picks you never know

Thought he was going to pick Randle as well..

I'm happy with the Smart, Rozier, and Brown picks.

If Ainge loves a guy like Jackson, Fox, or Tatum close to as much as Fultz, he will trade down and get something extra.

Ainge has A LOT of options this offseason.
CELTICS 2024

Offline celts55

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 574
I'm the best poster on Celtics Blog.
I said it, so it must be so.  ::)

Offline tankcity!

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 129

What do you think is Fultz ceiling and Fox ceiling?

Fultz looks like a cross between Russell/Lillard

And Fox a cross between Schroeder/Wall

Fultz reminds me of a Harden. He's not athletic like Russell Westbrook as of today. However we have seen PG's get more athletic in the NBA after working in the offseason. Westbrook's college highlights weren't impressive, so if you watch them, you'll know what I mean. Also, Fultz's game is much more similar to Harden imo than it is Westbrook. Westbrook is wreckless haha. Fultz is cool and collected.

Fox is shorter and has less wingspan. He reminds me of Westbrook/Wall honestly. He also has a high floor if he never learns to shoot. Fox has a rare quality in that he is elite with both hands, dribbling and finishing.

Offline emajic1

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 12
It may be unpopular, but I've thought Fox may be Danny's guy, and #2 on his list.  I speculate Ainge may have Fultz rated #1, but not as strong a #1 as the consensus seems to feel, and thus is ripe for a tradedown to say, Phoenix at #4. 

#1 for #4, the better of 2018 Pho/Miami 1st, and the better of 2021 Pho/Miami 1sts. 
or
#1 (and fillers) for #4, 2018 Miami 1st, and Bledsoe (to be flipped w/Crowder, Rozier+picks for Butler)

he may be hesitant to trade to PHI, but #1 for #3, 2018 right to swap 1sts, and the better of 2019 PHI/SAC 1st

I also think there's a few scenarios where we sign a big free agent, and the lower rookie salary slot is needed.  Not saying all this is probable or likely, just that Danny has surprised us before (Rozer, Jalen, Yabu). 

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619

Seriously ?   ;D
At least trade down
Sometimes, with Ainge, you have no idea lol. I honestly would not be shocked if he drafted someone out of left field (But I think he's smart enough to draft Fultz in this case).

If Ainge loves a guy like Jackson, Fox, or Tatum close to as much as Fultz, he will trade down and get something extra.

I don't think that's what he would do at all.  The number 1 pick doesn't come around often -- you pick the guy you love the most.  You don't trade down for an extra something if you're not getting the guy you want.  Maybe you trade down if you have reason to believe that your guy will still be there 2 spots later, but again, with the number 1 pick, do you want to take the risk you're wrong about that belief?

If Ainge thinks Fultz is the most special player, he will be picked first.  If he thinks it's someone else, that person will be picked.

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce

Seriously ?   ;D
At least trade down

I don't think that's what he would do at all.  The number 1 pick doesn't come around often -- you pick the guy you love the most.  You don't trade down for an extra something if you're not getting the guy you want.  Maybe you trade down if you have reason to believe that your guy will still be there 2 spots later, but again, with the number 1 pick, do you want to take the risk you're wrong about that belief?

If Ainge thinks Fultz is the most special player, he will be picked first.  If he thinks it's someone else, that person will be picked.

I disagree... Why wouldnt you play with Philly and trade for Saric and #3 (Fox)? If you love Fox

Just picking Fox #1 when you can have him at #3 is not business Savvy

Danny can have a pre deal in the works

He will take Fultz. 76ers take Fox. Then add Saric plus a few extra for the swap.... Unless the Lakers take Fox... Deal is off

Offline The One

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 203
He's special physically and he has an edge to him.

But he's lacking in shot creation and shot making...so that drops him below Fultz to me.

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
He's special physically and he has an edge to him.

But he's lacking in shot creation and shot making...so that drops him below Fultz to me.

What do you mean lacking in shot creation? This is Fox bread and butter... he has a very nice drive stop and pop also. 3 pt shooting is the question mark though he perform better in this area in the last 10 games. Shot 73 percent from the ft line

He looks like he needs the ball in his hands to be effective though...unlike Fultz who is more of a combo guard

Fox tenacious pressure defense might be more in line with the current Celtics squad than Fultz smooth defense

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
If the Celtics keep Fultz, and Lonzo Ball has a learning curve trying to right the Lakers ship, I wouldn't be surprised if De'Aaron Fox had a very impressive rookie season for the Kings and ended up walking away with the ROY in a zero-expectations gig where he's just handed the reins.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
If the Celtics keep Fultz, and Lonzo Ball has a learning curve trying to right the Lakers ship, I wouldn't be surprised if De'Aaron Fox had a very impressive rookie season for the Kings and ended up walking away with the ROY in a zero-expectations gig where he's just handed the reins.

Fox ROY
Fultz ring?  ;D

Offline Smokeeye123

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 156
What else do you expect him to say? You need to have confidence in yourself to succeed in the NBA.