Author Topic: De'Aaron Fox tells teams at NBA Combine he's best point guard in Draft  (Read 9825 times)

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Thoughts?

http://www.nba.com/article/2017/05/12/deaaron-fox-tells-teams-nba-combine-hes-best-pg-draft

He is fast no doubt. But has a thin frame, avg wingspan and 3 pt shot a concern (though he shot better in the last quarter).

Overall Fultz is better imo (also has a more ready nba body) ... But on a 1 on 1 matchup I can see how Fox could be a handful. He pretty much burned Ball (only 10 pts) and help eliminate UCLA in the tourney (39 pt performance).

Clip of that game
https://youtu.be/bb02UydQsqI

Another good one vs UNC
https://youtu.be/FnpKHaCzQgg

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Thoughts? He's not correct.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
Not correct. But hey, good for him, love the confidence.

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
Thoughts? He's not correct.

- Ball says he is better than Fultz
- Lavar says he could beat Jordan on on one (lol)
- And now Fox claim

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
nice player .  chip on shoulder player like IT.  high energy ,  will do well .  We have IT already seasoned . 

Fultz has legit size and will grow into a punisher.  Lenght to be great defender .

I feel Tatum is the CBS dream player of the draft.  Smaller Al Horford do it all guy, who can play now.

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
Not correct. But hey, good for him, love the confidence.

I guess...He is also fearless which is something Danny prob will like about him... But in turn is kind of wreckless at times

Offline PAOBoston

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 533
With the number 1 pick in the NBA draft, the Celtics select De'Aaron Fox.

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce

Seriously ?   ;D
At least trade down

Offline PAOBoston

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 533

Seriously ?   ;D
At least trade down
Sometimes, with Ainge, you have no idea lol. I honestly would not be shocked if he drafted someone out of left field (But I think he's smart enough to draft Fultz in this case).

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce

Seriously ?   ;D
At least trade down
Sometimes, with Ainge, you have no idea lol. I honestly would not be shocked if he drafted someone out of left field (But I think he's smart enough to draft Fultz in this case).

I agree...with Rozier, Brown picks you never know

Thought he was going to pick Randle as well..

Offline max215

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 624
Cool, he's wrong.
Isaiah, you were lightning in a bottle.

DKC Clippers

Offline Smartacus

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 318
Coach Cal was interviewed about him at the combine and I thought made a pretty good point. Fox possesses speed like John Wall's but doesn't utilize it nearly as effectively at this point in his career.

Calapari said that while both are capable of going end to end, John Wall was always in Attack Mode and so many of his plays ended up as layups and dunks at the rim. Fox on the other hand will often hold up and instead break off his momentum to let loose his bread and butter floater or herkey jerk body contortions.

I like Fox and think he's going to make the Sacramento Kings a very happy franchise for years to come, but IMO he's behind Fultz, will get passed over by the Lakers for  Ball marketing purposes, Philly needs shooting and will go with Monk or Tatum, and finally Phoenix will take Jackson and run.

Fox might be the 2nd or 3rd best player in the draft but the lottery shaped out in a way that will drop him to 5.

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
Fultz is better.

Offline IDreamCeltics

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 140
Fox is a special guard. I wouldn't be shocked if he ended up being correct.  He outplayed Lonzo Ball in their tournament game... You really can't stop a guard with his type of speed in the NBA

Offline gift

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 291
I was impressed with a couple of his interviews around the combine. Seems to have a good head on his shoulders. Obviously, now with the #1 pick he's on the periphery, but I'd at least consider him if the Celtics fell to #4.