Poll

After all the moves, do you trust him to make any moves in the future?

Yes!
59 (92.2%)
No, he's horrible!
2 (3.1%)
I don't know.
3 (4.7%)

Total Members Voted: 64

Author Topic: Do you trust Ainge now?  (Read 9544 times)

Re: Do you trust Ainge now?
« Reply #60 on: May 27, 2017, 08:09:55 AM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441
How is this even a question.  Ainge is on his way to legendary status.  Arguably the best GM today.  Not really sure what more people want from him?
I want him to get it right. Like almost all the time. No more KOs over Giannis. No more players out of the league in a few years (with DeAndre Jordan on the board).

I trust him in trades. Justise Winslow rumor not withstanding.

But drafting.... if a combo guard who can't shoot or an undersized power forward impresses him in workouts, then guys I DON'T KNOW.

LOL so true
I know. Look at the tweener zizic. Talk about being undersized! And yabusele we know can't shoot a lick.

Give it rest guys. hose narratives are really dated.

Yabusele is an undersized jumpshooting PF (Hello Horford/Bass/Big Baby/Sully/Powe/Scalabrine/Harangody!).

Zizic may well end up joining Semih Erden, Ryan Hollins, Greg Stiemsma and Shavlik Randolph, Darko Milicic, Fab Melo and Jason Collins as the next useless, unskilled big man to fail as a Celtic.

Neither of those guys has yet to prove they can even earn rotation minutes on an NBA team. 

But they may yet prove to be quality players - time will tell.
...those guys aren't can't even hold Zizic's jockstrap right now...Zizic lead Darussafaka to a win against the best non nba team in the world. GMs are treating him like a top 10 pick in the 17 draft. For Yabu he's an unknown but Zizic is pretty much at least going to be an energy big for us next season against the Gortats of the nba (not saying he's going to be amazing but he's at least going to be a rotation big)

from what i have seen from Ante he can rebound and crashes boards hard and can roll to the rim quickly for a big guy. might be a double double guy in our future. i will take that in a heartbeat. we cannot expect him to be Anthony Davis. lol
We can expect Antonio Davis!

« Reply #61 on: May 27, 2017, 08:40:14 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
I trust him but I think Drafting is not his strong suit as a GM.   It is inherently risky for anyways as agents try to obfuscate the situation.  I hope he proves me wrong.   He is still a great GM.

« Reply #62 on: May 27, 2017, 08:58:45 AM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN
How is this even a question.  Ainge is on his way to legendary status.  Arguably the best GM today.  Not really sure what more people want from him?
I want him to get it right. Like almost all the time. No more KOs over Giannis. No more players out of the league in a few years (with DeAndre Jordan on the board).

But drafting.... if a combo guard who can't shoot or an undersized power forward impresses him in workouts, then guys I DON'T KNOW.

LOL so true
I know. Look at the tweener zizic. Talk about being undersized! And yabusele we know can't shoot a lick.

Yabusele is an undersized jumpshooting PF (Hello Horford/Bass/Big Baby/Sully/Powe/Scalabrine/Harangody!).

Zizic may well end up joining Semih Erden, Ryan Hollins, Greg Stiemsma and Shavlik Randolph, Darko Milicic, Fab Melo and Jason Collins as the next useless, unskilled big man to fail as a Celtic.

Neither of those guys has yet to prove they can even earn rotation minutes on an NBA team. 

...those guys aren't can't even hold Zizic's jockstrap right now...Zizic lead Darussafaka to a win against the best non nba team in the world. GMs are treating him like a top 10 pick in the 17 draft. For Yabu he's an unknown but Zizic is pretty much at least going to be an energy big for us next season against the Gortats of the nba (not saying he's going to be amazing but he's at least going to be a rotation big)

from what i have seen from Ante he can rebound and crashes boards hard and can roll to the rim quickly for a big guy. might be a double double guy in our future. i will take that in a heartbeat. we cannot expect him to be Anthony Davis. lol
[dang] that'd be fire, Antonio Davis would kill TT and Zaza. Anyways really high on Zizic, he led Darussafaka to a win over Doncic (still don't see the GOAT potential) and the best non nba team in the world.
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #63 on: May 27, 2017, 09:10:01 AM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 972
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."

LOL so true

We could use a Gortat, even though he's ideally a backup center.

« Reply #64 on: May 27, 2017, 09:11:04 AM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 972
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
I trust him but I think Drafting is not his strong suit as a GM.   It is inherently risky for anyways as agents try to obfuscate the situation.  I hope he proves me wrong.   He is still a great GM.
If he keeps the #1 pick, there's not much thinking involved.

« Reply #65 on: May 27, 2017, 09:38:57 AM »

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1551
Until we look like an actual NBA team I don't trust Ainge.

LOL. You'd better be a Sixers or Kings fan.

well................at least during the home games we looked like the washington generala and the cavs looked like the harlem globetrotters playing with us  lol
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #66 on: May 27, 2017, 09:39:33 AM »

• Dennis Johnson

LOL so true

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #67 on: May 27, 2017, 09:40:09 AM »

• Dennis Johnson

he is still the 4th best rated GM.
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #68 on: May 27, 2017, 09:40:55 AM »

• Dennis Johnson

LOL so true

We could use a Gortat, even though he's ideally a backup center.

i remember when we were saying that back in 2012.  he is physical and can rebound.
LET'S GO CELTICS!