Poll

After all the moves, do you trust him to make any moves in the future?

Yes!
59 (92.2%)
No, he's horrible!
2 (3.1%)
I don't know.
3 (4.7%)

Total Members Voted: 64

Author Topic: Do you trust Ainge now?  (Read 9516 times)

Re: Do you trust Ainge now?
« Reply #45 on: May 16, 2017, 11:58:15 PM »

Offline mr. dee

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 597
How is this even a question.  Ainge is on his way to legendary status.  Arguably the best GM today.  Not really sure what more people want from him?
I want him to get it right. Like almost all the time. No more KOs over Giannis. No more players out of the league in a few years (with DeAndre Jordan on the board).

I trust him in trades. Justise Winslow rumor not withstanding.

But drafting.... if a combo guard who can't shoot or an undersized power forward impresses him in workouts, then guys I DON'T KNOW.

LOL so true
I know. Look at the tweener zizic. Talk about being undersized! And yabusele we know can't shoot a lick.

Give it rest guys. hose narratives are really dated.

Yab is an undersized power forward, though. *Kanye shrug*

Not with the current direction this league is going right now.

« Reply #46 on: May 17, 2017, 12:03:33 AM »

Offline crimson_stallion

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 875
How is this even a question.  Ainge is on his way to legendary status.  Arguably the best GM today.  Not really sure what more people want from him?
I want him to get it right. Like almost all the time. No more KOs over Giannis. No more players out of the league in a few years (with DeAndre Jordan on the board).

But drafting.... if a combo guard who can't shoot or an undersized power forward impresses him in workouts, then guys I DON'T KNOW.

LOL so true
I know. Look at the tweener zizic. Talk about being undersized! And yabusele we know can't shoot a lick.

Yabusele is an undersized jumpshooting PF (Hello Horford/Bass/Big Baby/Sully/Powe/Scalabrine/Harangody!).

Zizic may well end up joining Semih Erden, Ryan Hollins, Greg Stiemsma and Shavlik Randolph, Darko Milicic, Fab Melo and Jason Collins as the next useless, unskilled big man to fail as a Celtic.

Neither of those guys has yet to prove they can even earn rotation minutes on an NBA team. 

But they may yet prove to be quality players - time will tell.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2017, 12:09:26 AM by crimson_stallion »

« Reply #47 on: May 17, 2017, 12:03:59 AM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1406
  • Let's Go Celtics!

LOL so true

6'7" or 6'8" is still undersized for an NBA power forward. Unless of course he morphs into Draymond Green. Then yes, it was a transcendent pick and we should bronze Ainge's draft board and hang it from the rafters.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2017, 12:10:13 AM by RJ87 »
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #48 on: May 17, 2017, 12:10:27 AM »

Offline crimson_stallion

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 875

LOL so true

I'm of the belief that 6'7" or 6'8" is still undersized for an NBA power forward. Unless of course he morphs into Draymond Green. Then yes, it was a transcendent pick and we should bronze Ainge's draft board and hang it from the rafters.

Draymond Green is still an undersized PF - he just happens to be an undersized PF who is uniquely skilled enough to be able to make up for his lack of size.

He's also a complete deuchebag, though that's not a fault of his size.

« Reply #49 on: May 17, 2017, 09:47:44 AM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833
So if Ainge got the 4th pick tonight (the most likely scenario) and the Cavs sweep us do we trust him a whole lot then?

Just curious how this all works.

Yes. He gets credit for a trade that puts in this position, winning the lottery is just gravy.

« Reply #50 on: May 17, 2017, 09:51:41 AM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN

LOL so true

Yabusele is an undersized jumpshooting PF (Hello Horford/Bass/Big Baby/Sully/Powe/Scalabrine/Harangody!).

Zizic may well end up joining Semih Erden, Ryan Hollins, Greg Stiemsma and Shavlik Randolph, Darko Milicic, Fab Melo and Jason Collins as the next useless, unskilled big man to fail as a Celtic.

Neither of those guys has yet to prove they can even earn rotation minutes on an NBA team. 

...those guys aren't can't even hold Zizic's jockstrap right now...Zizic lead Darussafaka to a win against the best non nba team in the world. GMs are treating him like a top 10 pick in the 17 draft. For Yabu he's an unknown but Zizic is pretty much at least going to be an energy big for us next season against the Gortats of the nba (not saying he's going to be amazing but he's at least going to be a rotation big)
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #51 on: May 17, 2017, 10:20:43 AM »

Offline ederson

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 279

...those guys aren't can't even hold Zizic's jockstrap right now...Zizic lead Darussafaka to a win against the best non nba team in the world. GMs are treating him like a top 10 pick in the 17 draft. For Yabu he's an unknown but Zizic is pretty much at least going to be an energy big for us next season against the Gortats of the nba (not saying he's going to be amazing but he's at least going to be a rotation big)

I m on the Zizic bandwagon and i think he will be able to provide 10-15 quality mins next year ... But it is true that he hasn't played a single min against NBA level competition so the certainty some people here show is a bit 'strange' considering you've never actually seen him play

And btw you are wrong about Erden and Milicic.

Erden was on the same level playing for a better team and Milicic at 18 was considered the next european sensation.

« Reply #52 on: May 17, 2017, 10:43:15 AM »

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1538

LOL so true

from what i have seen from Ante he can rebound and crashes boards hard and can roll to the rim quickly for a big guy. might be a double double guy in our future. i will take that in a heartbeat. we cannot expect him to be Anthony Davis. lol
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #53 on: May 27, 2017, 12:41:23 AM »

Offline GreenEnvy

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1031

LOL so true

News to me that Horford is an undersized PF.
CELTICS 2024

« Reply #54 on: May 27, 2017, 01:10:35 AM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji

LOL so true

Hardly.  Did he not draft Rozier and Mickey only two years ago?

« Reply #55 on: May 27, 2017, 01:22:18 AM »

Offline CelticsJG

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 11
Until we look like an actual NBA team I don't trust Ainge.

« Reply #56 on: May 27, 2017, 01:31:23 AM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
define actual NBA team. we were 7 wins away from banner 18. 5 and a half hours of winning basketball away from a ring.  Ended up being Top 3 team of entire NBA.

« Reply #57 on: May 27, 2017, 05:52:11 AM »

Offline PaulP34

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 39
Coming late from work, and saw the text about Ainge finally getting the first pick. And boy, oh boy, that's astounding!

As some users have said previously on this board:

1) Isaiah Thomas has finally stepped it up as a superstar.

2) Ainge made the hard heated deal to trade away KG and Pierce, but in return, acquired the first round pick.

3) Made the Eastern Conference Finals.

4) 1st seed, with home court advantage, with a thunderous crowd that storms and banter these HEAVY SEAS!

5) Brad Stevens emergence, and redemption at his playoff woes lol. (I think its a tad bit unfair, considering how many times we have faced CLE.)

6) Boatload of assets, and road ways to different possible outcomes and moves to create. Signing an free agent would maximize our assets!

So with of that being said, do you trust Ainge now? What are your thoughts, or how would you describe how you feel about him?

Or for a thought, what decisions would you like to tell him to look at, or possibly try? ;)  ;D

genius... but it will all go down the drain if the Celts can't win another championship in the near future

I disagree with saying the near future. Id consider it a successful trade even if he builds through the draft and takes 5 to 6 years with the assets he drafted because of KG n Pierce. I think it would favor us more to build slowly through the draft. Trades will happen but keep and develop them Brooklyn picks we aquired for the long run. We got plenty of trade bait with the players we got. One thing i will say is the next roster to raise banner 18 will not be the current one. Jaylen Brown and Zizic may be the only ones on the team by then. Guys wanna rush rush rush a title. Nahhh trading these picks aint gonna get us anywhere. I dont want PG13 just for 1 year that would be wasting a pick and a possible franchise player for years to come. I dont want Jimmy Butler the Bulls want way to much for him.

« Reply #58 on: May 27, 2017, 07:00:41 AM »

Offline Darío SpanishFan

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 141

LOL. You'd better be a Sixers or Kings fan.

« Reply #59 on: May 27, 2017, 07:13:16 AM »

Offline adam8

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 54

I m on the Zizic bandwagon and i think he will be able to provide 10-15 quality mins next year ... But it is true that he hasn't played a single min against NBA level competition so the certainty some people here show is a bit 'strange' considering you've never actually seen him play

And btw you are wrong about Erden and Milicic.

Erden was on the same level playing for a better team and Milicic at 18 was considered the next european sensation.
Are you serious? We drafted him with the 60th pick, he was literally the last pick in the draft, the next European sensation goes in the lottery every draft, Bender, Porzingis, Saric I could go on. No one looked at Erden as the next European sensation and I can say that with certainty since most teams passed on him twice.

I have no idea about Zizic I have never seen him play but to compare him to Erden as far as prospects doesn't seem very accurate at all.