Author Topic: #1 for Paul George  (Read 13500 times)

Re: #1 for Paul George
« Reply #15 on: May 16, 2017, 03:08:28 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
Us.

Paul George is signing with the Lakers after next season if the reports are to be believed.
hint: they arent
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #16 on: May 16, 2017, 03:52:53 PM »

Offline Jvalin

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 737
100% in. It's move A for me this summer. We are instantly a contender with a big 3 that legitimately can beat the Cavs and Warriors. That's exactly what I would give up for him.

I'm not concerned with the Lakers rumours at all. It happened with Love, Thompson, Westbrook, Paul, Griffin, etc etc... Until someone actually does it I put no weight in the rumours. Players are smart enough to know what is going on there, it's a choice that gives no basketball hope
No we are not.

Durant-Curry-Green-Klay Thompson-whatever > George-Thomas-Horford-Bradley-Crowder
LeBron-Irving-Love-Tristan Thompson-whatever > George-Thomas-Horford-Bradley-Crowder

We would be 2nd best team in the East and that's pretty much it. Needless to say we are probably there or thereabouts even without George. If we can't move the needle past Cleveland, it doesn't mean anything. I'd much rather keep the #1 pick plus Crowder and draft Fultz.

The Warriors I can see because they are relatively young but they also struggle against physical defenders and we have shown we have them. I think we match up much better with them than the Cavs. Our weakest matchup is Crowder Vs Durant which this trade would help level up. George is a helluva defender and has the length to at least bother Durant and make him work on the other end.

The Cavs are phenomenal this year for sure. But in a year, 2 years? Outside of Love and Irving they are the wrong side of 30, Thompson can be turned into a liability as I think Brad will show in this series. Lebron will not go on forever and George had had individual success against him in the past.

Not to mention we don't give up depth in this trade. The #1 pick is not on this year's team so in terms of talent on this team it's a straight swap with Crowder. Our bench would be superior to both those teams who will struggle mightily with he cap next year. It's insane not to like that trade.
The Warriors may very well be the best team ever assembled in the history of this league. Our weakest muchup against them would be IT Vs whomever he gets to guard (probably Thompson with AB on Curry). Basically Thompson would shoot above IT whenever he wanted to/got the ball.

As for the Cavs, their core guys aren't that old. Irving is 25, Love is 28-29 and Thompson is 26. They have Shumpert as well (26-27 years old). LeBron is a freak of nature. I can definitely see him being the top player in this league for 2-3 more years (he would be 34-35 at the time). All the other guys on their roster are pretty much replaceable.

The way I see it, there is no point in trying to catch up with the Cavs/Warriors. They are both on another level. Best thing we can do is be patient and build through the draft. Fultz-Brown-Smart-Nets 2018 is a great starting point to start with. Hopefully, in 3-4 years time this team is gonna have a 10-year window to win multiple NBA titles.

« Reply #17 on: May 16, 2017, 04:25:42 PM »

Offline Fireworks_Boom!

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 57
To the no way it's a 1 year rental. Go away. No kidding we aren't giving up this package for a rental. Debate the real issue... the validity of package.

I think it best bet is to pick one offuards to invest in Bradley vs. smart) and use the other in a package with Brooklyn pick. If GSW loses could we pray Klay Thompson with a trade of Bradley and Fultz? That might be pretty [dang] enticing to GSW.

« Reply #18 on: May 16, 2017, 10:26:14 PM »

Offline crimson_stallion

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 875
No way.

If the pick fell #4 or later then sure.

But a secured #1 pick with at least two or three guys with star potential - not giving that up for George.  George is really good, but he's not Anthony Davis / Demarcus Cousins / Lebron James /. Kevin Durant / Steph Curry good.  I don't even think he's John Wall good to be honest.

He's not a franchise player, and I wouldn't give up that #1 pick for anything less then a franchise calibre player. 

2018 pick?  Maybe.

« Reply #19 on: May 17, 2017, 07:22:03 AM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
Nope -- the #1 pick is too much for Paul George. He is not worth that payday anymore. Not since the injury.

« Reply #20 on: May 17, 2017, 07:25:53 AM »

Online JSD

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2155
The only color that matters is GREEN

« Reply #21 on: May 17, 2017, 07:31:22 AM »

Offline Vox_Populi

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 346
Nope -- the #1 pick is too much for Paul George. He is not worth that payday anymore. Not since the injury.
He's not worth it, but I'm confused about your reason why. He's been just as good since the injury. His team just sucks now.

« Reply #22 on: May 17, 2017, 07:32:54 AM »

Offline OldSchoolDude

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 79
Danny didn't pods on numerous trades last year and this year to trade this pick.  It will not be traded. 

« Reply #23 on: May 17, 2017, 07:33:13 AM »

Offline ETNCeltics

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 306
Absolutely not. PG is a great player, maybe the 2nd best in the EC, but he won't get us over the hump. Some of you are acting like Fultz is a Chauncey Billups caliber prospect. He's far beyond that. No way we should trade him.

This urge to throw away our assets for a small window at a championship with this very flawed current core is baffling. Our team has a lot of heart, but is a long way from having much more than a prayer against GS or Cle.

« Reply #24 on: May 17, 2017, 07:33:50 AM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1406
  • Let's Go Celtics!
No way.

If the pick fell #4 or later then sure.

But a secured #1 pick with at least two or three guys with star potential - not giving that up for George.  George is really good, but he's not Anthony Davis / Demarcus Cousins / Lebron James /. Kevin Durant / Steph Curry good.  I don't even think he's John Wall good to be honest.

He's not a franchise player, and I wouldn't give up that #1 pick for anything less then a franchise calibre player. 

2018 pick?  Maybe.

I don't think we should trade the #1 for George but he's a franchise guy. Let's not denigrate him. He's coming of a season in which he averaged a career high 23.7 pointed on 46% field goal shooting, 39% from 3, and 90% from the line. 

Players can't build teams themselves. Drafting Myles Turner was a good move, but after that you need guys who can play off the ball and shoot at a good clip while playing solid defense on the other end. Jeff Teague and Monta Ellis don't fit that description.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #25 on: May 17, 2017, 07:34:29 AM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
He's not worth it, but I'm confused about your reason why. He's been just as good since the injury. His team just sucks now.

I don't think so. More inconsistent. Defense not as good. More reluctant to go to the basket (afraid of contact). Settles for too many jump-shots. Not the same player. Still a very good player but he has dropped a level in my books.

« Reply #26 on: May 17, 2017, 07:38:49 AM »

Offline PAOBoston

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 533

I don't think so. More inconsistent. Defense not as good. More reluctant to go to the basket (afraid of contact). Settles for too many jump-shots. Not the same player. Still a very good player but he has dropped a level in my books.
The attacking the basket thing would concern me. More importantly, I'm not trading the pick unless he agrees to extension up front. Too much risk to lose the pick AND the player after a season.

« Reply #27 on: May 17, 2017, 08:15:57 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
The addition of the #16 and a future pick make it interesting.

However, I don't want to trade for a wing if Hayward would come here.

George > Hayward
George > Fultz (if he agreed to resign)
George < Hayward + Fultz

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #28 on: May 28, 2017, 12:29:52 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
I have a feeling if any of these trades go through... it will likely be this one

How it may happen

Once Danny is allowed to speak to FAs.  CBS/Danny will meet with Hayward.  They will layout the plan , for the Celtics to be able to raise another banner.   That includes bringing  him and PG13 in.   Hayward may on his own try to pitch this idea to PG13....   If PG13 bites... discuss with the Pacers his standing with the team, and that he would like to be traded to Boston ... a team that can provide alot back for him

Now this could possibly backfire if the Pacers organisation uses this info and fields offer to the highest bidder... even try to get the Lakers involved

But lets say things go smooth

To Pacers: #1 pick, Zeller, Crowder, Brown
To Celtics: PG13, #47

PG13 and Hayward sign less than max at about 25 million a year for 4-5 years

Horford
PG13
Hayward
AB
IT4

should give Cavs/GSW all they can handle

« Reply #29 on: May 28, 2017, 12:38:00 AM »