Author Topic: #1 for Paul George  (Read 13626 times)

#1 for Paul George
« on: May 16, 2017, 12:13:11 PM »

Offline jaketwice

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 102
Crowder, Zeller, and Jerebko, and the number 1 pick for Paul George, the #16, and Indiana's draft pick in 2020.

Who says no?

Re: #1 for Paul George
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2017, 12:14:25 PM »

Offline Smokeeye123

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 156
Us.

Paul George is signing with the Lakers after next season if the reports are to be believed.

« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2017, 12:19:49 PM »

Offline jaketwice

• Bill Walton
Obvs wouldn't do it without him signing an extension...

« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2017, 12:21:16 PM »

Offline hodgy03038

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 440
  • Marcus Smart #1 Fan
1 year rental - no thanks.

« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2017, 12:23:15 PM »

Offline max215

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 624
Look at all recent superstar trades. Now, someone please explain to me anyone thinks it would be even remotely reasonable to trade #1 overall for a borderline top-15 player.
Isaiah, you were lightning in a bottle.

DKC Clippers

« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2017, 01:06:17 PM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1548
Look at all recent superstar trades. Now, someone please explain to me anyone thinks it would be even remotely reasonable to trade #1 overall for a borderline top-15 player.
you mean like the Kevin Love trade
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2017, 01:09:35 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
The NBA says no. Jerebko is a free agent and can't be dealt and I am still unsure if Zeller can be dealt without first guaranteeing his contract

« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2017, 01:11:13 PM »

Offline Fred Roberts

• Don Chaney
It's a reasonable trade if he re-signs as part of it. If not,  roll with the youth.

« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2017, 01:15:56 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
No way

« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2017, 01:17:04 PM »

Offline PAOBoston

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 533
So you want to trade the #1 pick (if we get it) for a guy that will get up and go to LA in one year?

« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2017, 01:34:32 PM »

Offline max215

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 624
you mean like the Kevin Love trade

Pretty extreme extenuating circumstances. When LeBron says he's only signing with you if you acquire Player X, you acquire Player X. The Cousins, Howard, Paul, Anthony, Williams, etc. trades are the norm.
Isaiah, you were lightning in a bottle.

DKC Clippers

« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2017, 01:49:47 PM »

Offline TheSundanceKid

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 199
100% in. It's move A for me this summer. We are instantly a contender with a big 3 that legitimately can beat the Cavs and Warriors. That's exactly what I would give up for him.

I'm not concerned with the Lakers rumours at all. It happened with Love, Thompson, Westbrook, Paul, Griffin, etc etc... Until someone actually does it I put no weight in the rumours. Players are smart enough to know what is going on there, it's a choice that gives no basketball hope

« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2017, 02:18:32 PM »

Offline kraidstar

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 2484
Us.

Paul George is signing with the Lakers after next season if the reports are to be believed.

You think George would leave a contender to go to a dumpster fire, leaving some $50-80M on the table in the process,as the C's would be able to pay him far more under the new CBA?

When has that ever happened in this league?

« Reply #13 on: May 16, 2017, 02:27:26 PM »

Offline Jvalin

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 737
100% in. It's move A for me this summer. We are instantly a contender with a big 3 that legitimately can beat the Cavs and Warriors. That's exactly what I would give up for him.

I'm not concerned with the Lakers rumours at all. It happened with Love, Thompson, Westbrook, Paul, Griffin, etc etc... Until someone actually does it I put no weight in the rumours. Players are smart enough to know what is going on there, it's a choice that gives no basketball hope
No we are not.

Durant-Curry-Green-Klay Thompson-whatever > George-Thomas-Horford-Bradley-Crowder
LeBron-Irving-Love-Tristan Thompson-whatever > George-Thomas-Horford-Bradley-Crowder

We would be 2nd best team in the East and that's pretty much it. Needless to say we are probably there or thereabouts even without George. If we can't move the needle past Cleveland, it doesn't mean anything. I'd much rather keep the #1 pick plus Crowder and draft Fultz.

« Reply #14 on: May 16, 2017, 02:59:35 PM »

Offline TheSundanceKid

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 199

No we are not.

Durant-Curry-Green-Klay Thompson-whatever > George-Thomas-Horford-Bradley-Crowder
LeBron-Irving-Love-Tristan Thompson-whatever > George-Thomas-Horford-Bradley-Crowder

We would be 2nd best team in the East and that's pretty much it. Needless to say we are probably there or thereabouts even without George. If we can't move the needle past Cleveland, it doesn't mean anything. I'd much rather keep the #1 pick plus Crowder and draft Fultz.

The Warriors I can see because they are relatively young but they also struggle against physical defenders and we have shown we have them. I think we match up much better with them than the Cavs. Our weakest matchup is Crowder Vs Durant which this trade would help level up. George is a helluva defender and has the length to at least bother Durant and make him work on the other end.

The Cavs are phenomenal this year for sure. But in a year, 2 years? Outside of Love and Irving they are the wrong side of 30, Thompson can be turned into a liability as I think Brad will show in this series. Lebron will not go on forever and George had had individual success against him in the past.

Not to mention we don't give up depth in this trade. The #1 pick is not on this year's team so in terms of talent on this team it's a straight swap with Crowder. Our bench would be superior to both those teams who will struggle mightily with he cap next year. It's insane not to like that trade.