Author Topic: Chad's Ford latest top 12 spot on  (Read 3748 times)

Re: Chad's Ford latest top 12 spot on
« Reply #15 on: May 15, 2017, 01:08:51 PM »

Offline tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 549
Giles should get picked in the 20s by either the Blazers, Nets, Lakers. Jazz or Magic who all have multiple 1st round picks.  I also don't think Collins should be ahead of Markkanen.   

« Reply #16 on: May 15, 2017, 01:11:18 PM »

Offline CELTICSofBOSTON

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 73
The draft order is a strong endorsement for the fact that the league is becoming guard dominant.

Great observation. It seems like just 3 or 4 drafts ago, everyone wanted a seven footer.  The lottery was full of seven footers especially near the top. Now, teams value shooting and permitted skills more.

« Reply #17 on: May 15, 2017, 01:23:19 PM »

Offline green_bballers13

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 320
Giles should get picked in the 20s by either the Blazers, Nets, Lakers. Jazz or Magic who all have multiple 1st round picks.  I also don't think Collins should be ahead of Markkanen.

I think Collins will be a slightly better pro b/c of a bigger low post presence.

The Big Board is subjective and dependent on team needs. That being said, I like Ford's list, with a couple changes (bolded) to resemble what I think would be the Celtics big board.

Fultz
Jackson
Ball
Tatum
Fox
Dennis Smith JR
Monk
Isaac
Zach Collins
Markkanen
Frank Ntikilina
Jared Allen
Frank Jackson
Bam Adebayo

Harry Giles- borderline 1st rounder

Fortunately, we're not going to have to worry ourselves with the guys past Tatum.