Author Topic: Pick 36 and the NBAs new 2-way deal  (Read 1448 times)

Pick 36 and the NBAs new 2-way deal
« on: May 15, 2017, 09:01:07 AM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 421
I have limited knowledge of the NBAs new 2-way deal and how it effects the cap. From what I have read I believe the deals give up to 2 players with under 3 years in the NBA the ability to float between NBA and G League for up to 45 NBA games. I believe these players can earn a min of $75,000 as only G-League players and up to $275,000 if they are on the NBA roster for the full 45 games. All of this without effecting the 15 man roster.

If I am correct in my understanding this will add a lot of value to the 2nd round picks for the Cs in particular the #36.I assume the Cs will try to convince Nader to take a 2-way deal however I doubt he excepts and instead will try to earn a roster spot in camp.

To my suprise the following are the players DX projects to go at picks 34-39

34 Thomas Bryant
35 Hamidou Diallo
36 Frank Jackson
37 Caleb Swanigan
38 Johnathan Motely
39 Alec Peters

that is a very talented group (not to mention Defensive freak Jordan Bell at 42, and high floor role players Josh Hart 48 Dillon Brooks, and Sidarius Thornwell 55)

I will be really surprised to see Diallo and Swanigan stay in the draft if they are not promised a spot in the first. If either are available at 36 they would be great picks. It should also be noted that Peters and Swanigan previously worked outed for the Cs last off-season. Swanigan isn't a sexy pick being an under the rim 6'9 PF/C but with great length a refined face up game and elite rebounding he seems like a cant miss prospect. Peters can flat out shoot and can score in a number of ways. He will be limited as a defender but as a 2nd unit stretch 4 he has to potential to really impact a game.         
Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

Re: Pick 36 and the NBAs new 2-way deal
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2017, 11:11:28 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
Its a talented group for sure

« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2017, 11:17:16 PM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238
Diallo is out.

But this group is very talented.

Plus Lessort and Tony Bradley and Adebayo...we're gonna get a big to develop....a decent one.

« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2017, 11:30:01 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25628
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
I don't think an agent would let somebody drafted that high sign a 2-way deal.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2017, 12:00:01 AM »

Offline tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 550
How are the 2 way deals structured?   Are they 1 year contracts?  When does the player become a free agent? 

The best value for the teams is still probably to sign the better 2nd round/undrafted picks to the cheap 4 year Hinkie specials with each year being a team option.   

Also we have the #37 pick.  The Sixers have the #36 pick.