Author Topic: Wizards (3-3) at Celtics (3-3) Round 2 Game 7 5/15/17  (Read 144909 times)

Re: Wizards (3-3) at Celtics (3-3) Round 2 Game 7 5/15/17
« Reply #465 on: May 15, 2017, 09:31:39 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
Yeah cause Smart definitely didnt get more contact on that then Beal. Its unreal. NBA wants John Wall to continue on so they can still ride him.

Basically this. They are going to get what they get out of marketing IT and the current Celtics either way. This is about making Wall a household NBA Superstar name and marketing the Wizards.

Its so obvious. The narrative on how these announcers talk about him all of a sudden is not a coincidence.
Right. Except Isaiah Thomas is a much better story. The problem is you actually have to deliver the goods, and after that 53 point game Thomas has been, well, the pizza guy. Which is most likely going to cost us the season, it seems.

You have to recognize that Washington has adjusted their defensive strategy and it has largely worked apart from Game 5 when the "other guys" were lights out from deep.

The Celts have been forced to turn to Al Horford and Marcus Smart to initiate the offense for stretches while Isaiah plays off-ball, and those guys just aren't dangerous enough with the ball to force the defense to break down and create openings.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #466 on: May 15, 2017, 09:32:22 PM »

Offline JOMVP

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 100
More Jaylen in that half. Liked his energy and confidence.

« Reply #467 on: May 15, 2017, 09:32:25 PM »

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3060
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS
I'll be happy when we move on from Bradley he can't dribble he's a terrible finisher and a streaky shooter. He's always injured too.
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk

« Reply #468 on: May 15, 2017, 09:32:28 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
Yeah cause Smart definitely didnt get more contact on that then Beal. Its unreal. NBA wants John Wall to continue on so they can still ride him.

Basically this. They are going to get what they get out of marketing IT and the current Celtics either way. This is about making Wall a household NBA Superstar name and marketing the Wizards.

Its so obvious. The narrative on how these announcers talk about him all of a sudden is not a coincidence.
Right. Except Isaiah Thomas is a much better story. The problem is you actually have to deliver the goods, and after that 53 point game Thomas has been, well, the pizza guy. Which is most likely going to cost us the season, it seems.

You have to recognize that Washington has adjusted their defensive strategy and it has largely worked apart from Game 5 when the "other guys" were lights out from deep.
So one adjustment and we're toast? I guess cleaning the house must start with the coach.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #469 on: May 15, 2017, 09:32:39 PM »

Offline Spilling Green Dye

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 115
Offensively they need Jaylen and Terry driving to the hoop.. they have the speed and athleticism to finish or draw a foul.

Defensively they need to slow the game down and force jumpers. 

Stop "boxing out" by shoving your man (Crowder, Amir, etc) and start putting your butt and body into them to face the hoop.

« Reply #470 on: May 15, 2017, 09:32:49 PM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1469
This feels like it may boil down to Wall + Beal versus Isaiah.

Two versus one.

They have two offensive superstars, the Celts have one.

Thomas can only do so much.

Problem is that our superstar is being exploited defensively.

Yep, I can't even count how many times his man has scored tonight. They've really been good at working that mismatch. IT is just helpless out there right now, and his offense isn't making up for his defensive deficiencies right now.

Nobody else is even pressuring the defense right now, though.  His teammates arent' hitting open shots.

Yes, Isaiah's defense is a factor as well, but it's hard to put your opponent on their heels if they keep getting stops.

Most of the times I have seen IT bad D / being exploited is in the 1/2 court.  It has happened over and over again.  If our other guys aren't hitting shots has nothing to do with the 1/2 court sets.

« Reply #471 on: May 15, 2017, 09:32:49 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 638
  • MASTER OF PANIC
Wiz doing their damge on the midrange jumper and getting every [dang] call

Too many turnovers for Boston.

« Reply #472 on: May 15, 2017, 09:33:00 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!
Celtics are 3/12 from 3s.

They need to knock them down better in the 2nd half to have a good chance.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #473 on: May 15, 2017, 09:33:05 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
I'll be happy when we move on from Bradley he can't dribble he's a terrible finisher and a streaky shooter. He's always injured too.
Right now, I'd be happy to move on from anyone not named Al Horford. They have one half to prove me wrong.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #474 on: May 15, 2017, 09:33:06 PM »

Online 86MaxwellSmart

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 378
Monty McCutchen was the Wizards 6th man in the first half...CROOKED BS calls by this jerk.
Larry Bird was Greater than you think.

« Reply #475 on: May 15, 2017, 09:33:20 PM »

Offline kraidstar

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 2478

i brought this up during game 4.

We were WINNING that game and Greg Anthony spent literally every second praising John Wall, and for the first 2+ quarters Wall wasn't even playing well. It was like IT and the Celtics were irrelevant.

And then the refs started jobbing us hard, and Wall got going, and Greg Anthony took his praise to even greater heights.

It was so over-the-top I thought it was suspicious, it felt scripted.

Nothing would surprise me in this league at this point.

« Reply #476 on: May 15, 2017, 09:33:34 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3150
We need something off the bench besides KO...who is playing very well. (Our little Kelly has benefited so much in these playoffs.)

IT has 12 to lead the team, but really not much of a factor because he's double and tripped teamed. He needs to make better decisions.

Need to play the bench to get something out of them. Brown had 5 points in like 6 minutes then only got a couple of more minutes and Rozier had that nice assist and steal but only played 4 minutes.

« Reply #477 on: May 15, 2017, 09:34:16 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182

So one adjustment and we're toast? I guess cleaning the house must start with the coach.

When the adjustment is aggressively trapping and switching big guys onto the opponents' tiny lead guard and there's no secondary offensive star to take advantage of the openings that creates elsewhere, yeah, you might be toast.

It basically forces the rest of the Celts to beat the Wizards, and the rest of the Celts rely on spot up jumpers and cuts to the rim.  Nobody who can individually pressure the defense.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #478 on: May 15, 2017, 09:34:52 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 638
  • MASTER OF PANIC
Beal and porter have 10 FTs between. They are jump shooters. Just ridiculous 

« Reply #479 on: May 15, 2017, 09:35:07 PM »

Offline Casperian

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 545
Koz is on fire
In the summer of 2017, I predicted this team would not win a championship for the next 10 years.

3 down, 7 to go.